Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Though I believe the pace of the mat is not consistent with the course where he plays
Yes I think a 4 foot putt on the mat would be about 2. Then you have to factor in up hill down hill etc. Do the Bryson calculations. A lot of putting is about getting that ball to roll end of end consistently. It's not going to hurt...and will help a ton when I venture down to St Andrews or the Dunes again. Putting is already my main strength. It will keep me fine tuned but help the kid a lot.

Has the cat scratched and pulled at it yet?
No but she sits up the end and waits for the ball to drop...flicks it round a bit...then rolls it back. Came with an automatic ball retriever no batteries required. In all seriousness we have a scratching tower nearby and will roll the mat over so the rubber is exposed if there is a problem with her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have enough golf balls both brand new and good condition used that will last me at least the next 2-3 years based on my current game (lockdown aside).

Honestly encourage people to start buying used. Far better value.
I'll buy a brand new box of Prov1s ($70)...use them for 2 rounds each. You want to buy them for $40 off me?..I know you have a got enough..but thats a good deal for me :laughing:. It's fun pulling out a brand new pill.

Last edited:
I'll buy a brand new box of Prov1s ($70)...use them for 2 rounds each. You want to buy them for $40 off me?
I reckon I've got 6 dozen full boxes of brand new Z-Stars, 2 boxes of brand new Pro V1s as a gift, a Callaway ERC box, 2x box Bridgestone E12 contact, that I won in a raffle, and two big buckets with about 100+ balls each of mint grade used. I can't tell the difference hitting a used vs a brand new, definitely not worth paying double the price.

I'm set for balls for the next 100 rounds I play even if I lose 3 a round. If they ever let us out of lockdown...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back