Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

oh yeah footjoy boas similar colour scheme to this

footjoy_1132.JPG

Would love to have the coin to spend more money on golfing equipment and clothing but I don't haha so I basically just rotate between a black nike polo and a light coloured adidas polo depending on the weather. The Mrs bought me the adidas polo along with a puma cap as I was always getting burnt haha.

I actually don't own golf shoes, they're next on my list - and suggests for a bloke on a tight budget? I've actually been keeping my eyes out on gumtree and buy swap and sell facebook pages for some size 12 shoes.

Would love to have the coin to spend more money on golfing equipment and clothing but I don't haha so I basically just rotate between a black nike polo and a light coloured adidas polo depending on the weather. The Mrs bought me the adidas polo along with a puma cap as I was always getting burnt haha.

I actually don't own golf shoes, they're next on my list - and suggests for a bloke on a tight budget? I've actually been keeping my eyes out on gumtree and buy swap and sell facebook pages for some size 12 shoes.

i hope this doesnt come out the wrong way, for mine golf shoes are vital in your arsenal. you're on your feet all day. to go cheap will impact your feet and your play as you will be hopping around.

try some different ones at your local store. footjoy make the best IMO.
http://www.footjoy.com.au/catalog/product/52012

I mite have an old (2 years) but in decent knick pair in the garage.
I'll pm you if i find them as its a bomb site in there, couple of mates mite have snagged them already...can't remember

i hope this doesnt come out the wrong way, for mine golf shoes are vital in your arsenal. you're on your feet all day. to go cheap will impact your feet and your play as you will be hopping around.

try some different ones at your local store. footjoy make the best IMO.
http://www.footjoy.com.au/catalog/product/52012
Haha it's all good mate:thumbsu:

As I said I've been meaning to get a pair, but those ones you linked above are always going to be well out of my price range. Actually think all of my equipment combined would be less expensive than those haha. In fact they're more expensive than my annual golf membership :D

Haha it's all good mate:thumbsu:

As I said I've been meaning to get a pair, but those ones you linked above are always going to be well out of my price range. Actually think all of my equipment combined would be less expensive than those haha. In fact they're more expensive than my annual golf membership :D

im sorry mate, for some reason i thought the one i linked was 42 bucks! my eyesight is s**t

So I went into Pureform for a full bag fit, they had a 60% off discount in March, it usually costs around $400.

I recommend anyone that hasn't done a proper fitting with modern 3d modeling technology like trackman etc to do it. Has completely changed the game for how accurate you can dial in your clubs to your swing.

I used to get "fitted" with skid pads and tape on clubs etc, it's laughable to think of that now, plenty of pro's still use them to fit golf clubs, which is ridiculous.

It'd take me forever to post all the data, but these were the winning clubs/shaft combinations. They couldn't beat my current hybrid setup. So they are just lengthening it and spine aligning it. We also tested balls for my swing, the Bridgestone B330 won out for me. All the grips are getting made thicker to my standard which helps people with bigger hands from turning itover too much.

Driver:

9.5* Taylor Made M2, Graphite Design Tour AD 7X

Ball speed: 174.2
Spin Rate: 1970
Carry: 263m (287 yards)
Total: 293.7m (320 yards)
Launch Angle: 9.0*
Height: 30.4m

14* Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816, Oban Devotion 75-05

Swing Speed: 110.1
Ball Speed: 163.3
Smash: 1.49
Spin Rate: 2958
Carry: 244m (266 yards)
Total: 263m (287 yards)

My 4 year old Nike VRS 1.0 Covert 3 Hybrid 20* - Kuro Kage 70g S:

Swing Speed: 104.8
Ball Speed: 154.3
Spin: 3310
Carry: 229m (250 yards)
Total: 245m (267 yards)
Height: 32m
Landing Angle: 43*
Height 29.2

My numbers on my current 6 Iron, my current set of irons are Mizuno Mp-53/Dynamic Gold X100 STD in them.

Swing Speed: 102
Ball Speed: 131
Spin: 6172
Carry 169m (184 yards)
Total: 173m (189 yards)
Height: 39m
Landing Angle: 52*

Winning Iron setup:

Taylormade PSi irons, Nippon NSPro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Swing Speed: 100.2 (probably getting a little tired by this point!)
Ball Speed: 137
Spin: 5819
Carry: 182m (199 yards)
Total: 190m (208 yards)
Height: 33m
Landing Angle: 48*

Wedges (Based on my yardage split):

Mizuno S5 Wedges, 60*, 55*, 50* - Nippon NSPro Modus3 Wedge 125 shafts

My putter setup was fine.

So I went into Pureform for a full bag fit, they had a 60% off discount in March, it usually costs around $400.

I recommend anyone that hasn't done a proper fitting with modern 3d modeling technology like trackman etc to do it. Has completely changed the game for how accurate you can dial in your clubs to your swing.

I used to get "fitted" with skid pads and tape on clubs etc, it's laughable to think of that now, plenty of pro's still use them to fit golf clubs, which is ridiculous.

It'd take me forever to post all the data, but these were the winning clubs/shaft combinations. They couldn't beat my current hybrid setup. So they are just lengthening it and spine aligning it. We also tested balls for my swing, the Bridgestone B330 won out for me. All the grips are getting made thicker to my standard which helps people with bigger hands from turning itover too much.

Driver:

9.5* Taylor Made M2, Graphite Design Tour AD 7X

Ball speed: 174.2
Spin Rate: 1970
Carry: 263m (287 yards)
Total: 293.7m (320 yards)
Launch Angle: 9.0*
Height: 30.4m

14* Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816, Oban Devotion 75-05

Swing Speed: 110.1
Ball Speed: 163.3
Smash: 1.49
Spin Rate: 2958
Carry: 244m (266 yards)
Total: 263m (287 yards)

My 4 year old Nike VRS 1.0 Covert 3 Hybrid 20* - Kuro Kage 70g S:

Swing Speed: 104.8
Ball Speed: 154.3
Spin: 3310
Carry: 229m (250 yards)
Total: 245m (267 yards)
Height: 32m
Landing Angle: 43*
Height 29.2

My numbers on my current 6 Iron, my current set of irons are Mizuno Mp-53/Dynamic Gold X100 STD in them.

Swing Speed: 102
Ball Speed: 131
Spin: 6172
Carry 169m (184 yards)
Total: 173m (189 yards)
Height: 39m
Landing Angle: 52*

Winning Iron setup:

Taylormade PSi irons, Nippon NSPro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Swing Speed: 100.2 (probably getting a little tired by this point!)
Ball Speed: 137
Spin: 5819
Carry: 182m (199 yards)
Total: 190m (208 yards)
Height: 33m
Landing Angle: 48*

Wedges (Based on my yardage split):

Mizuno S5 Wedges, 60*, 55*, 50* - Nippon NSPro Modus3 Wedge 125 shafts

My putter setup was fine.

Cost for clubs if u dont mind me asking?

Sounds god like

Just on golf shoes, found the footjoy ones I had which were supposed to be the 'best of the best' terrible in terms of comfort and stability. Was constantly rolling my ankle in them for some reason. Last year I got the ecco hybrid shoes which are the best I've ever had. Cost like $400 in Bris but out at Melb DFO I was able to get them for $110.

Just on golf shoes, found the footjoy ones I had which were supposed to be the 'best of the best' terrible in terms of comfort and stability. Was constantly rolling my ankle in them for some reason. Last year I got the ecco hybrid shoes which are the best I've ever had. Cost like $400 in Bris but out at Melb DFO I was able to get them for $110.

i challenge you.

ecco dont fit me and my feet were always slipping out. however, i was desperate to get a pair as they werent popular back then. luckily sense prevailed and i didnt.

perhaps you shouldve tried these

160125130703-rickie-fowler-shoes-exlarge-169.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i challenge you.

ecco dont fit me and my feet were always slipping out. however, i was desperate to get a pair as they werent popular back then. luckily sense prevailed and i didnt.

perhaps you shouldve tried these

Finding a good golf shoe seems to be the hardest aspect of it all.

Anyone got any experience with GameGolf or Arccos? Someone buying me a birthday gift has given me a choice.

I have Gamegolf, the classic, not the new live one, but just find it to be a pain having to tag it before every shot. A lot of mucking around after a round if you aren't vigilant on the course. Was considering Arccos but heard the weight of the sensors are quite noticeable and could potentially affect your swing.

I have Gamegolf, the classic, not the new live one, but just find it to be a pain having to tag it before every shot. A lot of mucking around after a round if you aren't vigilant on the course. Was considering Arccos but heard the weight of the sensors are quite noticeable and could potentially affect your swing.

Yeah cons with GG seem to be limited to the need to tag. Arccos cons seem to be related to the tag weights and the sensors missing/adding shots at random. It seems like neither is foolproof. Arccos getting the better reviews.

Anyone got any experience with GameGolf or Arccos? Someone buying me a birthday gift has given me a choice.

do they work in same way as golfshot and other apps on the iphone? gps, score tracking? i imagine those ones you noted do much more.

i havent, IMO too much mucking around, dont even use golfshot anymore. i got enough things to worry about on the course then having to remember to remember to enter something or check something during the round.

good luck in your decision however!

Golfbox, $99 with free express shipping. That was about my budget - I looked around a bit. My birthday later this month and the girlfriend offered to get me a pair for that but she lives around the corner from drummond golf at southland there and it's always very pricey there.

Lots of good onlines available

It will help your golf 4 sure

Golfbox, $99 with free express shipping. That was about my budget - I looked around a bit. My birthday later this month and the girlfriend offered to get me a pair for that but she lives around the corner from drummond golf at southland there and it's always very pricey there.

Golfbox are great. Can order in Brissy at like 4pm and have them arrive the next day at 10am. Pretty amazing.

Golfbox are great. Can order in Brissy at like 4pm and have them arrive the next day at 10am. Pretty amazing.
Yeah I've heard good things.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to buy balls? Usually I just pop in to Boyles Golf Shed in tullamarine but I believe it's closed Sundays now so makes it hard to find time to get there.

Yeah I've heard good things.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to buy balls? Usually I just pop in to Boyles Golf Shed in tullamarine but I believe it's closed Sundays now so makes it hard to find time to get there.

New or used?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back