Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO most men should be looking to the professional women for equipment inspiration (amongst other things) and they all have them, only playing irons from 5 down. I know nothing about them though. Much prefer a 2 iron.
The better players like yourself would prefer irons wouldn’t you?
I prefer irons and on and off I have a Titleist Forged 712U 2 iron in the bag. I only have it in the bag when I’m playing a lot of golf and the back is healthy. This is obviously when I’m striking my irons pure. My GA hcp usually gets as low as 10 when this happens. Unfortunately, games of golf and practice have been nonexistent since I arrived back from the US. Playing cricket doesn’t help either.
Tonight, I just chucked my Tour Edge Hot Launch 3 hybrid and my Mizuno JPX 850 4 hybrid in the bag for golf tomorrow. The 2 iron and the Mizuno JPX 825 5 iron is out. I leave the 4 iron in the bag for low shots out of trees and to cover for when I’m hitting the hybrids poorly.

I prefer irons and on and off I have a Titleist Forged 712U 2 iron in the bag. I only have it in the bag when I’m playing a lot of golf and the back is healthy. This is obviously when I’m striking my irons pure. My GA hcp usually gets as low as 10 when this happens. Unfortunately, games of golf and practice have been nonexistent since I arrived back from the US. Playing cricket doesn’t help either.
Tonight, I just chucked my Tour Edge Hot Launch 3 hybrid and my Mizuno JPX 850 4 hybrid in the bag for golf tomorrow. The 2 iron and the Mizuno JPX 825 5 iron is out. I leave the 4 iron in the bag for low shots out of trees and to cover for when I’m hitting the hybrids poorly.
i hope one day to reach 10 and be able to sub in and out clubs according to conditions, courses etc.

i hope one day to reach 10 and be able to sub in and out clubs according to conditions, courses etc.
I’m going 200kms South on Saturday with a couple of mates to play at Tenterfield with my wife’s uncle who lives there. It’s a beautiful 18 hole course in a small town of approximately 3000 people. Hybrids can be useful on this course as the extra height and length can be good for negotiating the trees they have there. Also, it isn’t an overly long course so hybrids are a useful option off some tees.

Whats the 4 Hybrid the equivalent of (loft) if not a 4 iron? I honestly play a 2 because I always have and I love the feeling of a good shot with one. Very much a case of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. Like you I hit a mean recovery shot under trees. I really probably should get into them but there's so many. Club pro put the new Callaway hybrid in my hands (first in the state to touch it!) but for $300, what is it going to give me? At R.H. the short par 5's have no bunkers in front so a 2 can run up nicely.
What interests me is their forgiveness/accuracy off of the tee. Id be happy to take a 4i out of the bag for a club that knocked it 180 down the guts. Which one though??

Whats the 4 Hybrid the equivalent of (loft) if not a 4 iron? I honestly play a 2 because I always have and I love the feeling of a good shot with one. Very much a case of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. Like you I hit a mean recovery shot under trees. I really probably should get into them but there's so many. Club pro put the new Callaway hybrid in my hands (first in the state to touch it!) but for $300, what is it going to give me? At R.H. the short par 5's have no bunkers in front so a 2 can run up nicely.
What interests me is their forgiveness/accuracy off of the tee. Id be happy to take a 4i out of the bag for a club that knocked it 180 down the guts. Which one though??
3 hybrid is 19 degrees and the 4 hybrid is 22 degrees.
I bought my hybrids on special from Golfbox and other shops when they had crazy specials on left handed clubs.
I prefer to hit the 4 iron off the tee as it is generally more accurate for me when I’m striking it pure.

Sorry for all the questions, tell me to shut up. What is the best chipper to use?
A PW played off the back foot, hands forward and adjust your grip to sit naturally. i.e. don't grab the club normally and push your hands forward, put the shaft on the angle and then grip the club.
No modern coach will teach you this yet all of the great chippers Ballesteros, Watson, Nicklaus, Trevino etc did this from the 60's, 70's and 80's.
This is for a shot where you have plenty of green to work with and the ball can run along the ground.

Sorry for all the questions, tell me to shut up. What is the best chipper to use?

stick to the generic set. how often would you use a chipper really? once a round at most?

As others have said stick to wedges, or even a 9-7 iron to bunt the ball. I myself personally use a 25 degree hybrid around the greens (if theres no obstacles in front) and simply using a putting action punch the ball forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for a beginner, and in fact for anyone (even pros) the more the ball goes in the air, the more it can get in trouble. Ball in the ground is good. Even consider putting from off the green.

As others have said, on short grass and plenty of green to work with, you should bump and run every time.

bump and run!!! But definteily NOT bump and grind

MV5BYjAwY2FhMjktNGMwZi00NzUwLWE3NzMtZTFjOWEwMDQ0YjM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODQ1NTk5OQ@@._V1_.jpg

for a beginner, and in fact for anyone (even pros) the more the ball goes in the air, the more it can get in trouble. Ball in the ground is good. Even consider putting from off the green.

bump and run!!! But definteily NOT bump and grind

MV5BYjAwY2FhMjktNGMwZi00NzUwLWE3NzMtZTFjOWEwMDQ0YjM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODQ1NTk5OQ@@._V1_.jpg
I don’t know, this bump and grind business looks very appealing.

Anyone play provs? Best place to buy them? Thinking about making the switch as I don't really lose balls anymore.
2017 model is on sale for ~$50 a dozen as the 2019 model is about to release.

I personally don't play them because they're normally $70 a dozen and for the price, feel and performance, I prefer either the AVX or Bridgestone Tour-BXS which both can be had for about $50 a dozen. I'd also recommend trying Srixon Z-Star.

2017 model is on sale for ~$50 a dozen as the 2019 model is about to release.

I personally don't play them because they're normally $70 a dozen and for the price, feel and performance, I prefer either the AVX or Bridgestone Tour-BXS which both can be had for about $50 a dozen. I'd also recommend trying Srixon Z-Star.

I currently use the Bridgestones and buy a shiteload of them at the end of each models run...usually can get them for around 29 or 30 a doz.

I currently use the Bridgestones and buy a shiteload of them at the end of each models run...usually can get them for around 29 or 30 a doz.
I said somewhere on this thread, go to Drummond or wherever on a rainy day when they're quiet. Buy a sleeve of however many different types of ball you can be bothered to hit and ask for a ball fitting. Great way to spend an hour or so hitting balls and gives you a great idea of what ball can work for you.

I said somewhere on this thread, go to Drummond or wherever on a rainy day when they're quiet. Buy a sleeve of however many different types of ball you can be bothered to hit and ask for a ball fitting. Great way to spend an hour or so hitting balls and gives you a great idea of what ball can work for you.
then walk out without purchasing :D

andyone use \the Seed ball?

Oh hey titleist bringing out black APs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back