Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are a good ball striker, stay away from hybrids and hit irons. Hybrids in my opinion should be used by golfers with a weak iron game. However, I do carry a 3 hybrid in the bag.

HAHA you have a weak iron game!!!

wait. *checks bag*

ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

How do you golfers feel about mixing and matching brands clothing/shoes wise?

Do you wear club (golf club) gear? For example see people wearing say barnbourgle shirts and a cape wickham cap. etc.
Mix.
I wear Oakley shirts I get from Golf Box when they’re on sale. I wear Cougar dress shorts made from polyester spandex from Lowes. My two golf shoes are black Adidas 360 bounce and Footjoy.

Mix.
I wear Oakley shirts I get from Golf Box when they’re on sale. I wear Cougar dress shorts made from polyester spandex from Lowes. My two golf shoes are black Adidas 360 bounce and Footjoy.

Thanks for the reply lebbo!!!

googling cougar dress brings up various images that interest.

shoes wise, footjoys here. a few pairs all white.

shirts adidas. just fit nicely.

light jumpers (u know, layer ones not wool) - peter miller, under armor

jumpers - mizuno, some other brand

i find other brands of shirts ill fitting. not their fault, its my odd body shape.

hate that you see stuff the golfers wear and think yeah thats nice, when you wear it you look like sh_it.

Do you wear club (golf club) gear? For example see people wearing say barnbourgle shirts and a cape wickham cap. etc.
I will pick things up on sale at the usual EOFY/Boxing Day sales but generally find I end up with Adidas everything because it seems to have the largest product on shelves and hence the largest product on sale. Very comfortable and I know my sizing.

Peter Millar, Galvin Green, RLX, FootJoy are all out of my price range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mix.
Don't have much club stuff but our pro has got in some really good club branded clothes. Might get something from there in the near future.
I don't buy 'memorabilia' clothes from courses.
I've got a RM pitch mark repairer and that's about it.

No 3hybrid for me

5wood (M4)

It's a weapon
Hit my kids m4 5 wood a couple of times on Saturday and it is indeed a weapon.

I'm thinking of Driver, 5 wood, 4 through to pw...and 3 or 4 wedges to finish my bag

Hit my Hybrid on the 16th into that gale...came off the toe and went nowhere...a miss is really bad with hybrids for me...almost convinced I need to change.

Hit my kids m4 5 wood a couple of times on Saturday and it is indeed a weapon.

I'm thinking of Driver, 5 wood, 4 through to pw...and 3 or 4 wedges to finish my bag

Hit my Hybrid on the 16th into that gale...came off the toe and went nowhere...a miss is really bad with hybrids for me...almost convinced I need to change.

M4 5wood is a calling you 😉

What wedge setup?

M4 5wood is a calling you 😉

What wedge setup?
I am using an old Titleist 60 degree lob wedge, use it only for greenside bunkers close range and flop shots only if I have to. Next is a 56 Titleist Vokey...love playing it of the back foot for low spinny shots around the green. Then I have a hole to my PW. I have a TM A wedge but honestly I think I am better with my PW playing half shots...the TM is not fitted and a bit long and NQR for me.

Is it worth getting fitted for drivers/woods? I never have been and it might help. Who do ppl recommend in Melb for fitting. If I went down that path I would want to see someone really good as I hit my old Callaway ft9 very well.

Does anyone have a Taylormade Hi-Toe Lobb wedge? The new 60 Big Foot looks sexy as hell to me and I can’t wait to try one.

Golf Fitting Hub, anyone had experience with them? $149 for full bag fit, Puregolf is at $400.
Nope but i just spoke to them both about 20 minutes ago. You also get the $149 of when you purchase a full set at GFH but not at puregolf. They are both at ranges so that when you nail down what is right...take it outside and see ball flight. I think that's important.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back