Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the only time. It wasn't a miskicj by Murphy - I was sitting behind the kick and it went exactly where he intended.

They were marvelling at the brilliance of Betts to make it look so easy.
And that's exactly how I saw it on the night and just watched it again this morning....that kick went exactly where he wanted it to an unattended Eddie.

What did you expect ? Dancing in the street?

It was a big win against an opponent expected to lose by a big margin

There is a distinct lack of trust in this group.

Yay we won and players beat witches hats but Essendon will test this group and it's culture of flipflopperry

Essendon is the new “free kick Hawthorn”
The last 3 wins have been umpire assisted.
If we don’t get a fair run, we’ll lose badly

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bad:

The inequality of the draw. I personally don't know what the answer is, playing a 34 game season seems unreasonable, having conferences throws up its own issues.

Sure it has favoured us this year, being able to beat up on teams like GC and St K twice, but we have been on the end of the opposite where teams are elevated above us on the ladder due to scheduling.

It's a big issue and one the AFL seems to gloss over every year.

Play each team twice, get rid of pre season rubbish and start a bit earlier. Get rid of bye and pre finals week off. Increase rosters by 4 players to allow teams to rotate/rest more players and increase interchange by 2 due to extra load over whole season. Start early to mid feb and I believe the season would be close to compete at same time it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably laughing how they manage to keep their jobs when they aren't improving the team. Being serious now. I have noticed this season in particular that a majority of our players when they get the ball their first instinct is to handball the ball generally 1 to 2 metres to a flat footed team mate generally completely unaware and surrounded by 3 players. I see it time and time again. They are not taking any responsibility to find space and run with ball. It could be termed "hot potato football". It must be instructed and I bloody hate it. No decent team does it. Please Pyke get this s**t out of our game.

Not only the flat footed example but also the player who has the ball facing in the forward direction with room to manoeuvre will run and so often hand pass to a player facing in the wrong direction who has no vision forward. We do this regularly and as you say take no responsibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kristof
Ch9 just discussed Pyke-&-assistants laughing on the Footy Show. No mention of Murphy/Betts. Kornes got all serious, said it was disrespectful :rolleyes::rolleyes::drunk::drunk:, but TJ, Brown and Barratt suggested maybe they were just having a joke, or some other harmless context.
As if they would've been laughing at Gold Coast. Just Dew being a drama queen and trying to give himself and his team something to fire up about.

And of course Cornes would try and make something out of it the flat faced flog

Where did the Crouches play when Smith and Milera were in the middle?

Just got home - couldn’t care less really
MEH for me too.
That was the worst 100* point win I've ever witnessed and anyone delighted with this win is kidding themselves about our chances this year.
Gold Coast were dismal and we were not much better than a lairising, laughing, mob of sunbakers up there escaping blowback.

Good: Kept the unbeaten record against a mob of minnows. Brouch-brilliant.
Bad: Lairising, backwards handballing to a person under far more pressure, Seedsman,Mookay
Ugly: Stewie Dews waistline, Jonothan Browns voice - worse than Ricciutos and thats saying something.

Last edited:
Brad I spotted down back quite a few times.
Good.

If we play our mids throughs both half back & forward we can have more options to rotate through the midfield.

Only Mrouch is inside midfielder or nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back