Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Screenshot_2022-07-24-13-17-17-60_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

They were laughing at us, this picture encapsulates our whole season.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
Slipped over before the game.. and nearly everytime the ball came near him during the game..

Several posters have mentioned him going to ground far too easily this season, including myself. Got the fumbles too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
The Ugly - McHenry flop, should be sanctioned. Serial offender, MRP can't ignore.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Might have been watching the absolute master of the craft your boy Wobbie.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
The Ugly - McHenry flop, should be sanctioned. Serial offender, MRP can't ignore.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Bahahaha.. Coming from a powa supporter..

With their hero robbie “oscar” gray..

The king of the flop, dive and act it up…

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Several posters have mentioned him going to ground far too easily this season, including myself. Got the fumbles too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wonder if he refuses to wear sprigs and aways wears the rubber soled ones instead for fear of doing his knee again…

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Laird - has been lambasted unfairly in recent weeks ...the last 2 weeks, he has modified his game, and is using his legs to clear congestion, rather than handball or dump kick .....he's learn't & good coaching :whitecheck:
I enjoyed reading your post overall and admire your positive energy :thumbsu: regarding where the Club is heading, even if I think that the rebuild has stalled and that Nicks is failing.
Berry and Soligo have been a revelation and others that you mention have certainly improved, but isn't it kinda cancelled out somewhat by the failures of McAsey/ Sholl-McHenry-Rowe-Murphy and others?

I know I'm going to get roasted for the comparison, but your comment quoted above reminded me about how religious people think. When things are going badly they blame themselves (mea culpa, right? :sneaky: ); but when things are going well, they deflect the credit and thank their God, whichever one they follow.
Likewise, you ascribe Laird's improvement to good coaching. How do you know that, please?

Let's suppose for a moment that Nicks did have something to do with it. If that's the case, he's failed, because he's had months to identify and rectify Laird's BOMBS AWAAAAAAY!! problem/s which BF posters have been complaining about for at least 12 months.
Nicks is also getting praise for dropping Crouch for a third time and keeping him out, and look how our mids have improved!!
That's the same problem. Nicks has reacted far too late/slowly and held onto his Crouch/Sloane/Keays/Laird combo for far too long. If he hadn't been injured, Sloane would still be in there. Ditto, Nicks' blind faith in ROB. One could say "Better late than never", or "Nicks is learning" but it's not a Coach-rebuilding or Coach-educating Club. He's supposed to have done his apprenticeship in previous years. We don't exist to train Coaches.
OK, a rookie Coach will learn and get better; it took Hardwick several years to get it right, but he learned from the MASTER. Clarkson. Likewise Beveridge and Goodwin (whose Dees remind me a lot of the 97/98 Crows).

We've ended up with a Hinkley disciple and Nicks is learning/responding far too slowly for my liking.
Blight took the Crows from 12th to top in a single year. One would hardly describe the 1996 Crows as on the rise.
Under Nicks we've gone from 10th to rock bottom, to 16th, to likely 16th again.

I just can't get excited about that.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Berry and Soligo have been a revelation and others that you mention have certainly improved, but isn't it kinda cancelled out somewhat by the failures of McAsey/ Sholl-McHenry-Rowe-Murphy and others?

I know I'm going to get roasted for the comparison, but your comment quoted above reminded me about how religious people think. When things are going badly they blame themselves (mea culpa, right? :sneaky: ); but when things are going well, they deflect the credit and thank their God, whichever one they follow.
Likewise, you ascribe Laird's improvement to good coaching. How do you know that, please?
Were talking individual player development ......re Fogarty, James Rahilly has said via the media, "he's been trying to get Fogarty to stop wrestling and jump at the ball more ...but it's taken time for it to click with Darcy"

Players don't adjust their normal playing style generally, without the Coach's being a strong influence on how they want players to play

Nicks, if you listen to his interviews over the year, has regularly talked about speed on the ball, and using your legs to clear congestion .....often he's described it as speed and power .....talked Rachelle up as having speed & power

Laird has always been quick to get to the in-close contest .....but been regularly criticised on the board for over handballing & taking 1-2 steps and dump kicking

Do you think the change by Laird and Berry, is of their own volition .....or playing in a manner, the Coach's want

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just watched the replay.

Outscored a good team after qtr time and didn't hurt our draft position.

I don't even think we played that bad in the first qtr. Sydney were on fire and nailing their chances. Our defence is still young and can fall apart structurally quite easily. Gave them too much space. Sydney are capable of doing that (like Brisbane) when you open the door for a short period. To the team's credit they tightened up for the rest of the game.

Good:

Berry's improvement is crazy and going better than I thought was possible. Bog for us and possibly a vote?

Laird had his best game of the year. It'd be great if he could maintain that.

Soligo again. He's gonna be a top line player.

Hamill got off to a shaky start, but defensively very good for the rest of the game.

I know buddy got a few, but Murray did a pretty good job. Franklin was possessed and had some good delivery. Murray curbed his influence I thought. He's getting better thankfully.

Schoenberg similar to last week. Getting better.

Tackling was epic once again.

OK:
Fog
Parnell (he's got it imo but too slight atm)
Hinge
Tex
Butts
Dawson (plonk him on the wing or move him earlier when he's tagged)

Bad:
McHenry. Bloody hell that guy should never try a checkside again. That missed dribble goal was also terrible. He's got way too much confidence for someone who fails so often. If we had a decent player in his position, we'd be a 3 goal better team. A huge need.

Keays no influence.

TT lapses. Needs to nail those marks. He's capable.

Smith ain't providing anything.

ROB was good at times, but often too slow.

Other comments :

Doedee is not himself. Fumbling, falling over often and missing marks. I'm backing him to get his touch back, but wondering if he's being hampered? Some bad concussions and injuries taking their toll? He was so clean, calm and assured.

This isn't going to be popular, but I'd still persist with Milera. It's gifting him games for sure, but he's got the traits that we're in dire need of. We should probably start by moving him to HB or the wing. Get the ball in his hands.

Changes :

Cook for McHenry
Rachele for McAdam
Give Taylor a taste

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
Were talking individual player development ......re Fogarty, James Rahilly has said via the media, "he's been trying to get Fogarty to stop wrestling and jump at the ball more ...but it's taken time for it to click with Darcy"

Players don't adjust their normal playing style generally, without the Coach's being a strong influence on how they want players to play

Nicks, if you listen to his interviews over the year, has regularly talked about speed on the ball, and using your legs to clear congestion .....often he's described it as speed and power .....talked Rachelle up as having speed & power

Laird has always been quick to get to the in-close contest .....but been regularly criticised on the board for over handballing & taking 1-2 steps and dump kicking

Do you think the change by Laird and Berry, is of their own volition .....or playing in a manner, the Coach's want
Laird, maybe, but Berry has done that ever since he got here.

Back