• Patrick Parnell

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll get smashed for saying this but lairds game would be in my top dozen of all time for a crows player today given who his opponents were and who was around him

Was at the game and he and Berry were off the charts outstanding

Smith and Doedee games hard to swallow ( liked Doedee last week )

I’m biased but Nick Murray’s effort on Buddy was out of this world , Buddy tried to run him off his feet as knew he was in a fight and Nick just kept pushing , even his contest losses he was right there fighting until the end …. Murray was cramping all last quarter , would like to see their GPS readings

Ned Ned Ned …. Our small forwards are a huge issue now …. For me it’s worse than our midfield . Ned , Rowe , Murphy , no good

Cook showed why they don’t pick him - talented but doesn’t pass minimal level of competitiveness test . Makes Sholl look tough

Hinge I like but he was awful today , cost us dearly when he was counted on as 3rd man up in a mark contest or to half a contest

ROB no good

Thilthorpe back down to earth but he’s going to be a star

We literally need one good player on each line to have a reasonable team - a gun small forward offensively with speed that can pressure , a tall mid eg Phillipou , a running half back and a ruck or a second tall forward that can ruck with TT. It’s going to take a while

The team has alot of heart but min talent

Thank Faaark Nicks finally moved Dawson into an offensive role
I think most people today seem to be giving Murray due respect for that performance. Probably the best game I've seen him play.

Hahaha brother ! But close enough

Well done for admiring him today

TBH he’s probably sort of what we are as a team , hard triers that’s are more than a little frustrating at times

He’s probably slightly more effective than some of our other triers that lack a bit of talent in my book but I guess it’s easier as a stopper

For me he gives us something to work with , maybe we need to make Butts more attacking and go for his marks on the weaker forwards and Murray can be the primary shut down
Does Murray have a torpedo?
His drop punts are huge! I can see him breaking through defensive lines with his kicking. Could be a weapon...

I knew you were Murray's dad! Jokes. I argued with you last week. Happy to admit Murray's game on franklin today was very good. Credit where it's due 👏
Murray, Soligo, Fog and Berry are the only improvers in this year. The rest have fallen well below there best.

Murray’s one on one work is improving every week and I love his attack on the ball and body, he’s playing better then Butts at the moment who I thought was going to keep getting better but has stagnated

Murray, Soligo, Fog and Berry are the only improvers in this year. The rest have fallen well below there best.

Murray’s one on one work is improving every week and I love his attack on the ball and body, he’s playing better then Butts at the moment who I thought was going to keep getting better but has stagnated
Berry and Soligo two big positives. No wonder they recontracted Soligo. They haven't seen a decent talent like him at the club for 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to head off at half time, so didn't see the second half.

But on McHenry - He has massive deficiencies in our game, but we also have massive deficiencies in our team structure. And we're a worse team without him.

Need to move thilthorpe into the ruck and go in with a smaller forward line. Right now we need him simply for his pressure. But with a smaller forward line, we dont need a designated player like McHenry for that.
Watch the second half

I only listened to the game but all I heard were these phrases:

Obrien to no one in particular
Obrien palms it straight down
Ball bounces off Obriens head
Obrien hands to the ball but doesn't hold it
Obrien hack kicks it
Obrien small handball

Despite this Rowie really rated his game.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rowey has about as much clue as Bicks.

2 weeks in a row ROB has had ZERO marks.

Remind me what he offers again?

This weird infatuation that people have with ROB’s performances…

51 hit outs

Just lost the clearances

He had an other decent game IMO

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Want to know who didn't show up in the first quarter?

Brodie Smith - 1 disposal. Ball camped in our defense. Went missing

Tom Doedee - 2 disposals, 0 marks. Ball camped in our defense. Nowhere to be seen

Wayne Milera - 2 disposals. Invisible

Ben Keays - 3 disposals playing midfield as our second most experienced in the center. Did absolutely nothing

Reilly O'Brien - 2 disposals from an "around the ground" senior ruck in the first. 0 marks

Can't expect to win when the most experienced players in your side can't even be bothered to make an appearance in the first quarter

What is this infatuation with ROB needing to mark the ball? You look at nearly every contest he’s going to, as the LONE Ruck, and they’ve got players in support nearly every time. 51 hit outs today. He wasn’t spectacular, but jeez I think of a dozen other players who were worse

Yeah I've gotta say I thought Murray had a fair crack today.
I also thought that Hinge did a few good things again. Tends to go unnoticed.

Keep getting excited about Berry and Soligo. Thought that Hamill was good contributor. Even thought Schoenberg was more in the game today than he has been. Liked a few moments of Milera but he still isnt in the game long enough.

Cant understand what is happening to Doedee. Even Butts is tapering off. Smith has gone missing in action. Thank god that Laird is hanging in there.

I've gone back and looked at how everyone has been voting on the "who played well" polls every week (round 4 onward), and done some averages to find our best players as voted by you on BigFooty.

Very interesting stuff so far

Top 5 Players
(Not in order)

Jordan Dawson
Taylor Walker
Rory Laird
Sam Berry
Jake Soligo

I can absolutely guarantee you this will not be the top 5 in the B&F at the Crows but it's hard to argue with really

Senior Players
Rory Laird - 49%*
Taylor Walker - 60%
Jordan Dawson - 65%

Ben Keays - 37%
Tom Doedee - 30%

Reilly O'Brien - 24%
Brodie Smith - 20%
Lachlan Murphy - 17%
Luke Brown - 11%
Matt Crouch - 11%
Wayne Milera - 11%

These are diabolically bad numbers for some players. On average only 20% of people think Brodie Smith plays well in a given week. Yikes! 11% for Luke Brown and he played 11 games!

Up and Comers

50+ % range
Sam Berry
Jake Soligo

30-50%
Brayden Cook - how has he not played more games
Will Hamill
Jackson Hately
Chayce Jones - maybe a surprise to some but he was well rated in earlier rounds
Shane McAdam
Patrick Parnell

20-30%
Billy Frampton
Elliott Himmelberg
Mitch Hinge - not well rated around here really, slides under the radar
Nick Murray
Josh Rachele - had a poor run of form
James Rowe
Lachlan Sholl
Kieran Strachan - slightly better rating than O'Brien
Riley Thilthorpe - only just building into it

Below 20%
Lachlan Gollant - counting started after his excellent Port game
Ned McHenry - how is he still in the team
Harry Schoenberg - poor year from him

*the percentage of people that believe the player has played well in a given week, averaged over all weeks played

Taps to the opposition. Falling over. I commented in the game he hasn't taken a mark. Not one. I just checked his last two games and zero marks.

He had 51 hit outs? And you’re OBSESSED with his marking.

Back