• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• James Borlase

• Reilly O'Brien

• Mark Keane

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good - Rankine

I thought he was going to be pretty laconic coming over, when we're down though, he's always one of the players that look like they give a * and goes in hard.
Loved his goal, thought it could be a contender for GOTY
Looks like he was playing HFF instead of deep in the pocket which gets him into the game easier

Loved his goal, thought it could be a contender for GOTY
Looks like he was playing HFF instead of deep in the pocket which gets him into the game easier
FFS .....get Rankine into the midfield .....he mesmerises opponents ....and has speed to burn

It's currently my main peave !

You just cant understand what the coaches are thinking.
Lets recruit Dawson and Rankine and play them in the pockets, madness
Rankine has a great tank, so no excuse there .....and IMO, with his elite kicking ability, he'll feed fwds at least 2 goals a game, same as what he would have kicked

But we avoid those long periods of games, when he's freezing his arse off in a FP

The goal will avoid us having to scrutinise what we did in this game.

That we game out so ******* flat in a game where everything was on the line is inexcusable really.
We went on a camp after we couldn't work out why we were flat on the biggest day of our lives once.

It's something we as a collective still haven't quite figured out.

When we're underdogs we have gone fine this season. Winnable game that could set our season up on the other hand...? Play some ordinary football.

Game looks lost, 5+ goals down...? Suddenly we find our mojo.

I'm no psychiatrist and have no solution, but watching other teams they have tone-setters. Players who step up at crunch times and deliver. They simply don't allow their team mates to be flat. They drag them into the game. They don't allow the opposition to get a jump on them. If it's a shaky start they do something about it immediately. Cultural architects.

Hodge, Selwood, S Burgoyne, Viney. Those players are stars of course but even non-stars like Liam Baker, Jordan Lewis have that quality about them and it doesn't feel like we do at the coal face.

We went on a camp after we couldn't work out why we were flat on the biggest day of our lives once.

It's something we as a collective still haven't quite figured out.

When we're underdogs we have gone fine this season. Winnable game that could set our season up on the other hand...? Play some ordinary football.

Game looks lost, 5+ goals down...? Suddenly we find our mojo.

I'm no psychiatrist and have no solution, but watching other teams they have tone-setters. Players who step up at crunch times and deliver. They simply don't allow their team mates to be flat. They drag them into the game. They don't allow the opposition to get a jump on them. If it's a shaky start they do something about it immediately. Cultural architects.

Hodge, Selwood, S Burgoyne, Viney. Those players are stars of course but even non-stars like Liam Baker, Jordan Lewis have that quality about them and it doesn't feel like we do at the coal face.
I guess that's why a lot of us criticise our experienced players because they are the ones that normally go missing at important times instead of standing up and turning the tide for the team
Not once did they stand up and get us over the line in the 5 losses we have had by less than a goal

Was it the Melbourne game where he played midfield and tore it up before doing his hammy ?
Career high possessions this year and 20+ disposals in the other 5 games, he definitely has the tank to play midfield. Dew even mentioned the start of last year that Rankine will surprise a lot of people in the midfield as he is more than just a quality small forward.
1692524172649.png

That's fine ....we've been over this infinitum ....you can't expect kids to play like experienced players .....kids haven't the body's to weather a long season of pressure footy

We're carrying a lot of players currently .....I thought we were horrible last night ....to get so close, who gets the credit for that ?
Burgess.

Really, the Swans came in with a plan to give us elite pressure and tag our best player. They did that very well for 2.5 quarters, but the plan is not sustainable for a full game. That showed in the last, when thay had little. That was our time to run over them, and we "did".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would prefer the AFL ARC just review all scores like they are meant to.

If an obvious error like last night. They can quickly notify the onfield umpires who can stop play & put time back on the clock.
Do they review all scores or just goals?
A team based review request would give a team a chance to at least appeal a decision that has been made.
Personally I hope AI ends up umpiring the game.

Those young Bucks will just have to wait their turn
Hurry Up Waiting GIF by Travis

Imagine Rachele, Pedlar, Rankine and Soligo in the midfield.
We wouldn't have anyone to score the goals though. I would like to see Dawson, Pedlar, Soligo, Laird next year with Rankine and Rachele playing 50% mid and 50% forward. When Rankine comes into the midfield Pedlar can go up forward and when Rachele goes into the middle Rankine could go up forward.

Sloane is the wrong player to pick if Pedlar shares a 50/50 split. What's happened to Berry? What are the club doing about it? I think you can rest Pedlar up forward or on the bench for an extended period if he needed a rest.

Pedlar hasn’t had the gas to get through a full game for most of the year. Rarely has more than 3-4 touches in a second half

Having him around the contest for a half was great to see. Agree Sloane May not have been the best first half cover but Peds made a great sub choice

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The biggest issue, apart from Sloane, is inability to play wet weather Footy.

We are not a strong marking team at the best of times. The wet compounded this. First half we dropped a lot of gettable balls.

Then struggled with general ball movement with the wet ball.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our desire at times to stand off the ball and try and block our opponent while we did something clever in defence was horrific. Sydney played good wet weather footy - hack it forward and put pressure on.

We cost ourselves several goals by not just clearing the area and giving us time to get numbers back.

Pedlar hasn’t had the gas to get through a full game for most of the year. Rarely has more than 3-4 touches in a second half

Having him around the contest for a half was great to see. Agree Sloane May not have been the best first half cover but Peds made a great sub choice

He may not have the tank yet, but your comment about second half touches is factually wrong.

Last night was the first game I have been able to attend this season - I was at the time and still am absolutely gobsmacked at how lame the crowd were in what was an elimination.

do we even have a cheer squad?

hate to say it but from appearances the little brother down the road have it all over us on game day if last night was the norm.

Last night was our Final .....yes, a lot of errors occurred, this side however has a fighting spirit, our 2017 side never had
I agree. Our 2015-17 team (aside from the EF against the Bulldogs) didn't have that never-say-die mentality. They would fold like washing, and you never knew when they were about to do so, and they did so on grand final day.

Just don’t know how to win the close ones.
Those close ones are generally not tight, hard slogs for 4 quarters with a goal or so in it either way, and multiple lead changes.
The ones they really need to win are from in front and stay in front, and the ones where not being 5-7 goals down in the first place would really help.

That aside, better goalkicking alone would have seen us finish 4th to 6th.

Back