Good luck Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership player Mitch Morton..... Oh my.

Well done to him though, he did a great job today, played a key role and I am happy for him. It does hurt me though to see players
I've David Rodin, Mitch Morton and andy Karakour be dusted by our club and end up playing in grand finals at other clubs and genuinely play pivotal roles in being game breakers and match winners while try nd find these types of payers to take u to the next level.

Well done Mitch, you always had the iLife, but its frustrating o see someone els be able to iron out your flaws in 12 months

I rote tho while drunk on a iPad with auto spell and can't be ****ed fixing the errors, eat me

It's a pity some can't man up and admit they were wrong on Morton.

We all know he can play pal.. The fact he wasted the clubs time and oxygen with his insipid efforts when on our list is the bitter pill..

Onya Mitch, can't help but feel it was a Ringo Star effort out there though. Just in the right team on the right day really...

But congrats, there's hundreds of past & present RFC players that don't have a premiership medal, so congrats where it's due.

Environment is everything when it comes to staff performance. Don't pass the buck.
Sorry mate no.. How's Maric, grigg, houli, Cotchin going in our culture..
I know what you are getting at but no cannot agree

Onya Mitch, can't help but feel it was a Ringo Star effort out there though. Just in the right team on the right day really...

But congrats, there's hundreds of past & present RFC players that don't have a premiership medal, so congrats where it's due.

Which is why players like Edwards and Jackson are important to our team...... Stoked for Mitch

great effort by mitch. whatver the few richmond haters say he played a good game
Agree he played well, my disappointment comes from the fact that we gave him every chance to be this sort of player with us and he couldn't be stuffed. IMO the only reason he has brought into the Swans culture is because he knew his career would have been over if he didn't.

Agree he played well, my disappointment comes from the fact that we gave him every chance to be this sort of player with us and he couldn't be stuffed. IMO the only reason he has brought into the Swans culture is because he knew his career would have been over if he didn't.
100% agree

Ummmmm no......He needed to buy into the "Bloods" culture in order to even get a game......... Richmond had no culture to buy into.......... I hope that is starting to change.

I laugh at the notion that he played a great game today. He kicked two goals and did some nice things. Sums up pretty much every match he played for us. Good luck to him. But for those saying he played amazingl well, i suggest you watch the game again. Was good without being great. That's Mitch in a nutshell.

Must be pinching himself. West coast .. Richmond.. Swans have him in the resssies all year and bingo a couple of goals and a hand in another in Grand Final.
Good luck to him.
Not one bit worried that we got rid of him. Just good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I for one can't believe the attitude of some of our posters............ was Morton in the right place at the right time? Hell yeah.... premiership teams are littered with them...... It took Morton almost 12 months to buy into the Bloods Culture. To play for the Swans you need to do this no exceptions, Geelong are similair. Hawks don't have it and unfortunatly neither do we. Yes we are the might ****ing Tigers but I would kill for the same culture of the Swans.

What irks me even more........... is that the whole Bloods culture vibe was created by an ex Richmond player, Stuart Maxfield and guess what. he was the runner today....... So Morton worked bloody hard for his medal and deserved it.

I laugh at the notion that he played a great game today. He kicked two goals and did some nice things. Sums up pretty much every match he played for us. Good luck to him. But for those saying he played amazingl well, i suggest you watch the game again. Was good without being great. That's Mitch in a nutshell.

To be fair, that is more than our current forwards outside of Edwards;)

To be fair, that is more than our current forwards outside of Edwards;)
I guess what i am trying to say is that he played ok today. Nothing great, nothing special. The same type of game he played fpr West Coast and the same type of game he played for us. The notion that he has suddenly turned into a gun is ridiculous. He is the same player that he has always been. Right place, right time. Good luck to him.

I guess what i am trying to say is that he played ok today. Nothing great, nothing special. The same type of game he played fpr West Coast and the same type of game he played for us. The notion that he has suddenly turned into a gun is ridiculous. He is the same player that he has always been. Right place, right time. Good luck to him.
Still a fringe player and maybe not best 22 when they are fully fit. Having said that he had 4 pivotal moments in this game where his efforts made a not insignificant contribution to a Premiership. And a couple when he hit Hawks players on the chest.
That 1 vs 2 effort in Q4 was sensational. The Richmond Morton would have not had the steel to compete like that.
So from me congrats to Mitch, great achievement. And with the issues that he had I reckon it's a great story to see someone come back from there.

Who said he's suddenly turned into a gun? Seem to inventing notions to argue against.

He's a decent, opportunistic forward who can create a bit of magic out of nothing and who played a vital role in a premiership. He was never a dud like many portrayed though and certainly better than many currently at our club.

Who said he's suddenly turned into a gun? Seem to inventing notions to argue against.

He's a decent, opportunistic forward who can create a bit of magic out of nothing and who played a vital role in a premiership. He was never a dud like many portrayed though and certainly better than many currently at our club.
When did i say he was a dud? He is still the same player he was with us. I am not inventing anything.
He got a game becsuse McGlynn was injured. Played 5 games fir the year and will be lucky to play 20 games for the club.
Like i said, good luck to him. From what i have been told, he is a really nice kid.

Still a fringe player and maybe not best 22 when they are fully fit. Having said that he had 4 pivotal moments in this game where his efforts made a not insignificant contribution to a Premiership. And a couple when he hit Hawks players on the chest.
That 1 vs 2 effort in Q4 was sensational. The Richmond Morton would have not had the steel to compete like that.
So from me congrats to Mitch, great achievement. And with the issues that he had I reckon it's a great story to see someone come back from there.
Disagree. He was ok. Just like he was on just about every occasion he played for us.
Doubt he gives a rat's what i think though with a medal hanging around his neck.

His game today was no different to anything he ever dished up and Richmond. Didn't do a lot for most quarters, and then pops up for two really important goals in the 2nd quarter. Well done on the flag Mitch, I do not for one second second begrudge you the glory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back