Goodwin in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but hird wasn't a player either.. Does WASA place any accountability/punishment on coaches/doctors who organised and carried out the injections?
Or purely the players..?

Yeah, but hird wasn't a player either.. Does WASA place any accountability/punishment on coaches/doctors who organised and carried out the injections?
Or purely the players..?
Hird largely oversaw it and instigated it. From my understanding, Goodwin wasn't involved at all.

Yeah I've not heard Goodwin implicated in any of it, Hird has, and rightly so, taken the brunt of the punishment from the coaching staff perspective.

Plus, if Goodwin was to receive any sanction, I'm sure it would have been reported with the players this morning.

Nah not in the slightest. Each coach really focusses on their own role in teaching and instructing players, unless you're head coach in which you oversee everything. The people guilty are those involved, so doctors, Hird, Dank and unfortunately the players. Goodwin and the rest of the Essendon coaching staff would have been focussed on coaching not what club doctors are up too, because it's not their position to focus on such things. Besides they too would probably have complete trust in their doctors also, i suspect that coaching staff from now on will not have the same amount of trust in their doctors

Yeah I've not heard Goodwin implicated in any of it, Hird has, and rightly so, taken the brunt of the punishment from the coaching staff perspective.

Plus, if Goodwin was to receive any sanction, I'm sure it would have been reported with the players this morning.
Or it would've at least been floated as a possibility in the media. Haven't heard him mentioned at all though, through the whole thing.

Not implicated? Remember this...

"Five Essendon staffers, including James Hird's personal assistant, have admitted to the AFL and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority that they were treated last year by Stephen Dank with a variety of injections and oral supplements.

All five, along with Hird, have been accused by Dank of taking the World Anti-Doping Agency -blacklisted drug hexarelin. Although ASADA investigators have rigorously questioned all the staffers, it remains unclear whether any were aware they may have taken a WADA-banned drug. The five are Hird's assistant and Essendon football co-ordinator Sue Anderson, assistant coach Simon Goodwin, development coach James Byrne, conditioning coach Paul Turk and sports scientist Suki Hobson."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-drugs-link-20130510-2jdqc.html#ixzz3wzERKf4F

I thought most PEDs were illegal for the general population as well?

If it was it still wouldnt be taken into consideration by WADA.

If it was it still wouldnt be taken into consideration by WADA.
I think WADA is mostly concerned with the athletes themselves.

Hird was suspended by the AFL (conduct prejudicing the game), not by WADA. If Goodwin were concerned, it would also be with the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think WADA is mostly concerned with the athletes themselves.

Hird was suspended by the AFL (conduct prejudicing the game), not by WADA. If Goodwin were concerned, it would also be with the AFL.

True, well lets hope not!

I hate the fact this essendon stain has found its way to our club. I hope those in charge at the MFC know what they are doing.
It already found it's way in when reports of Dank was talking to our club doctor as well as Trengove being investigated by ASADA

On the 2013 '4 Corners' she asked Dank if Hird took any stuff and stipulated that there was nothing wrong with that if he did.

Can't see any problems with Goodwin and the AFL cleared him, not sure WADA can or would do anything anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back