Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the good ol' days IC. Not sure GG would though ha ha! :D

Any news out of Shepp? Rochy played Golden Square on weekend got rolled by about 6 goals. Rochy missing a few though.

Shepp played Toc on the weekend in 4 quarter game. It was supposed to be 6 but the umpires refused to come out for the 5th quarter.
Shepp were ok, missing M Harrap, S Harrap, Lord, O'Sullivan, Allan, P Kennelly.
Without knowing the actual score i think shepp would have won by approx 10 goals. Toc is a massive ground!
Standouts were L Kennelly and AJ Crawford
In all shepp were ok and will probably beat a few sides this year.

How did tat go against flat? heard was a very fast intense game anyone watch?
tat won by 5-6 goals, hard to read much into it as both sides played out most of the 2nd half with less than their best side on the park

Can anyone on here give me some information on a bloke named Josh Stammers from Tatura?

Was a pretty handy junior - think he played some games for the bushies (?) and had a yr or 2 way back at Merrigum and went real well. From all reports a pretty smooth mover.. Red head, though, so you've always gotta be weary..

In other news, Mansfield got smashed by Heidelberg at Mansfield on the weekend to the tune of 15 goals.. Not ideal preparation heading into round 1, apparently they had their full squad in, while the tigers had 4-6 out.

Ex-shepp player Matt Chapman played ok in the 2nd half for his new side (Heidelberg), though has a bit of work to do if he wants to be a regular one's player.

Was a pretty handy junior - think he played some games for the bushies (?) and had a yr or 2 way back at Merrigum and went real well. From all reports a pretty smooth mover.. Red head, though, so you've always gotta be weary..

Thanks Tav. He's a big, well built boy and looks to be pulling on the red and white stripes at Tocumwal this season on a very good pay packet.

Thanks Tav. He's a big, well built boy and looks to be pulling on the red and white stripes at Tocumwal this season on a very good pay packet.

John Sheils, ex-Benalla and Tat also heading that way, must be a bit of room to move with Mellington departing.

Is this the same josh stammers that played in a tatura reserves flag last year?? Wouldnt have thought he would be worth a big pay packet would he???:eek:

Is this the same josh stammers that played in a tatura reserves flag last year?? Wouldnt have thought he would be worth a big pay packet would he???:eek:
Yes. Apparently was more than capable of holding a senior place, but had problems with the senior coach.

In other news, congratulations must go to Relton Roberts, who was named in Richmond's starting XVIII for tonight's clash against Carlton. Well done, Relton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Apparently was more than capable of holding a senior place, but had problems with the senior coach.

In other news, congratulations must go to Relton Roberts, who was named in Richmond's starting XVIII for tonight's clash against Carlton. Well done, Relton.

How come players supposedly have a problems with the coach when they can't get a game? It is interpreting that he didn't get a game because he didn't get along with the coach...without knowing what happens at Tat, I bet this is not the case. He looked to have had opportunities at various times but I've got no doubt having 2 vic country ruckman already, it would've made it difficult to give him the opportunities he would've wanted. It can sometimes unbalance a side when you have 3 ruckman in the starting line up. Yes he may have been able to play key position at times on the right match up possibly? But I can understand why he may have had limited opportunities. It's probably a good decision by Stammers if he wants to progress as a player to leave, but I doubt Tat had anything against him.

Here here. Barlow will play more than he misses this year and Roberts will also get his chance. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You might find alot more eyes are on younger players in the GV over the next 2 years as additional talent has to come from somewhere for GC17 and GWS.

Also great to be able to show younger blokes that miss the draft / rookie list initially its not all over and you can work and achieve from outside the "normal" system.
You still about????

Will be interesting to see what sort of read the football magazine is tomorrow,
See it advertised in the shepp news with the new united recruits on the front cover,
Been talking to a few blokes would of thought it would of been a perfect idea to get a picture of the Ex Melbourne players now playing for the swans on the front cover. Would of been easier to sell the marketing inside the magazine with kids taking it down to the swans to get it signed by the ex afl players. But just an opinion i guess!!

Roger is it true you have been spotted on the training track this year at more than 1 club???

Roger is it true you have been spotted on the training track this year at more than 1 club???

Looking forward to watching Saad Saad playing at Kings Park on Sunday afternoon:thumbsu::thumbsu: Not looking forward to the jumper he will be wearing:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Barlow is a good example for young blokes that your,e not finished from playing the Big time at 18/19..too many young guys chuck in the hard work to make it.. we will see a change in recruiting at AFL level now for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back