Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that all coaches must hold a minimum Level 1 accreditation. This accreditation is not designed to ensure all coaches have a good game plan, but more so that they have a healthy respect for the game, the rules and the officials who enforce them. This is in the hope that the coach can act as a good role model for his/her playing group, and pull them up when they are out of line.

Without naming anyone, I believe we have the unfortunate situation where one of our GV coaches does not fit the mould of being a good role model for the game or the playing group, and in my opinion their Level 1 accreditation should be cancelled.

Couldn't have been said any better Duff Man...bet it doesn't happen though. GV officials are lacking in fortitude when it comes to this kind of thing.

Yeah went to the Rochy v Ky game and was a high standard of footy, Rochy ran in numbers better than Ky and their delivery into the forward line especially in the first 1/4 was centimetre perfect, where as Newman, Pettifer and co had to work hard for most of their goals. 24 Seddon is a jet for Ky.
My man on the ground at Deakin said that 2 swans players were sent off in the 2nd 1/4 and when the head count was taken they still had 17 players on the ground. There score of 53pts at the time was duly wiped from the scoreboard. When the sides came out after half-time the score was miraculously put back up, so may still be more to be played out there as that 53pt deduction would see Shepp Bears get up by 10pts.

Glad to see you can count Hank. You seem to know everything else

Swans players cleared at tribunal!!

Believe the reporter in the Shepp News should disclose that he is a Bears player. Never seen such one sided, ill informed articles with the truth clearly not written.

Interesting to note that not one word has been written about the Bears and their Coach in all of this.

Ever read a piece about the Rumba FC?? . . . . . .:eek::eek:lol

Swans players cleared at tribunal!!

Believe the reporter in the Shepp News should disclose that he is a Bears player. Never seen such one sided, ill informed articles with the truth clearly not written.

Interesting to note that not one word has been written about the Bears and their Coach in all of this.
I was in the crowd and saw the fight were the players were reported. But I didn't see the Shepp Bears coach do anything.
What are you refering to?

Couldn't have been said any better Duff Man...bet it doesn't happen though. GV officials are lacking in fortitude when it comes to this kind of thing.

Th GV head honchos must be getting pointers from the KDL heirachy as they seemed to let the ball go through to the keeper everytime these guys rocked the boat in that league over the past few years. I realise there is a process and both sides of the story needs to be told & heard, but fair dinkum, when is it enough. If the goulburn reigon don't start stamping this type of behaviour, all leagues in the general goulburn valley area will be tarred with the same brush!

Ever read a piece about the Rumba FC?? . . . . . .:eek::eek:lol

Even though the writers at the Shepp News aren't as bad as some places (The Australian & the Age) when it comes to promoting personal crusades against certain people & clubs (Fatprick Smith & Caro:thumbsdown:), but to be fair to Perry Meka & the Swans, I can understand why he's decided to shut the News out for a while, considering the conflicts of interest that exsist in regards to the Bears.

P.S
Early on, I would agree with you in regards to Rumba, but I think the Shepp News has been pretty reasonable when it's come to coverage of your club ever since you've gone to the Murray League.

Can you further explain "why" you would want to be fair to Merry Peka??
Is, was and always will be a Muppett! :eek:

I can understand why in a situation like that you would want to "draw the curtains", and from his point of view I can get that, but that doesn't equal to an endorsement of his actions on Friday Night.

Since that this is still in the hands of the VCFL, I'll reserve my judgement, but the fact that you would employ a bloke like Findlay (the white Johnny Cochrane), to defend you does look a bit suss ;)

I can understand why in a situation like that you would want to "draw the curtains", and from his point of view I can get that, but that doesn't equal to an endorsement of his actions on Friday Night.

Since that this is still in the hands of the VCFL, I'll reserve my judgement, but the fact that you would employ a bloke like Findlay (the white Johnny Cochrane), to defend you does look a bit suss ;)

Oh please! When will you losers leave Meka alone. Are you all just jealous he had kicked about 3000 goals over his career? The Sheppbears news has a lot to answer for. How long have they been waiting for any old excuse to pick on the Swans??

Seriously I saw the game and the two 17yr old umpires were pathetic. I think my mum could have done a better job in controlling the game.

Oh please! When will you losers leave Meka alone. Are you all just jealous he had kicked about 3000 goals over his career? The Sheppbears news has a lot to answer for. How long have they been waiting for any old excuse to pick on the Swans??

Seriously I saw the game and the two 17yr old umpires were pathetic. I think my mum could have done a better job in controlling the game.

Perry does draw a lot of attention, but most of it is warranted. It's not a coincidence that trouble keeps following him around. One or two issues are probably acceptable, but he has several marks against his name.

As for the Swans, don't you think it's odd that just last year the administration were asking players to take a pay cut, yet this year they have recruited several ex-Afl and high profile players. Answer that one before you start your moaning.

Perry does draw a lot of attention, but most of it is warranted. It's not a coincidence that trouble keeps following him around. One or two issues are probably acceptable, but he has several marks against his name.

As for the Swans, don't you think it's odd that just last year the administration were asking players to take a pay cut, yet this year they have recruited several ex-Afl and high profile players. Answer that one before you start your moaning.

All comes down to the offseason sponsorship drive maybe you should look at that i for one have and will tip in whats needed to help the club why wouldnt i when i am getting rewarded long term. the fact is boys those who have the money will spend it those that dont wont when the money runs out go out and look for more sponsors or more money its not fun any more its a bussines get with the realty its local footy its afl its all about money

All comes down to the offseason sponsorship drive maybe you should look at that i for one have and will tip in whats needed to help the club why wouldnt i when i am getting rewarded long term. the fact is boys those who have the money will spend it those that dont wont when the money runs out go out and look for more sponsors or more money its not fun any more its a bussines get with the realty its local footy its afl its all about money

is anyone else confused??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is anyone else confused??

Swans simply got a lot more in sponsorship this year, and had a great recruitment drive. Easy as that.

Head67 - what exactly has Meka ever done to you mate? I've lived here a long time, and never known anything bad been done on his part? Am interested to find out why you speak so badly of him, and appear to have a personal vendetta against him and any who support him. In all reality, you should be happy that Swans are raising the bar, and getting in some of the best players to have ever played GVL. Whilst it was a scrappy game last week - you have to admit it was pretty entertaining.

Swans simply got a lot more in sponsorship this year, and had a great recruitment drive. Easy as that.

Head67 - what exactly has Meka ever done to you mate? I've lived here a long time, and never known anything bad been done on his part? Am interested to find out why you speak so badly of him, and appear to have a personal vendetta against him and any who support him. In all reality, you should be happy that Swans are raising the bar, and getting in some of the best players to have ever played GVL. Whilst it was a scrappy game last week - you have to admit it was pretty entertaining.
If Meka and his players stick around for several years and achieve like Seymour has done recently then people will rate him. I agree it is way too early for assessments of him and the Swans to be made.

Interesting to speak to someone at the Swans Echuca game. He is a well known GV identity and his views were that the incident at 3/4 time was as bad as he can recall in his memory. Will the league have 2 enquiries running at the same time regarding the Swans and Mecka? It cannot be good for the league or its image. Watched the Ky / United game and was very impressed by United. Eagle is worth watching and would be odds on to kick the ton. hope he is available to play interleague for the GV. I thought the final margin flattered Ky and feel they may be over rated. United will have a big say in how the season will unfold.

Interesting to speak to someone at the Swans Echuca game. He is a well known GV identity and his views were that the incident at 3/4 time was as bad as he can recall in his memory. Will the league have 2 enquiries running at the same time regarding the Swans and Mecka? It cannot be good for the league or its image. Watched the Ky / United game and was very impressed by United. Eagle is worth watching and would be odds on to kick the ton. hope he is available to play interleague for the GV. I thought the final margin flattered Ky and feel they may be over rated. United will have a big say in how the season will unfold.

Eagle is super impressive - United will be hoping his hammies stand up, thats for sure. He holds United's hopes in the palm of his hand. Huy looks a quality player too and there midfield is very deep. They have good little blokes too - very nippy on the deck. Ky would walk away disappointed but I reckon they would back themselves to beat United at the business end. A fair bit of room for improvement with them I would've thought. Pettifer look liked he needed the run and I think Ky looked better with Adamson/D Newman in defence.

If Meka and his players stick around for several years and achieve like Seymour has done recently then people will rate him. I agree it is way too early for assessments of him and the Swans to be made.

Thankyou for those kind words Ashy, like to think we done it the right way:thumbsu:

My understanding is that all coaches must hold a minimum Level 1 accreditation. This accreditation is not designed to ensure all coaches have a good game plan, but more so that they have a healthy respect for the game, the rules and the officials who enforce them. This is in the hope that the coach can act as a good role model for his/her playing group, and pull them up when they are out of line.

Without naming anyone, I believe we have the unfortunate situation where one of our GV coaches does not fit the mould of being a good role model for the game or the playing group, and in my opinion their Level 1 accreditation should be cancelled.

I could not agree more with this post, I did my level one this year and it was made perfectly clear what is expected of me as a coach. Take his level 1, 2 or 3 of him, simple :D:D:D

Yeah please explain. I thought echuca got smoked in first quarter. But won fair and square after swans lost Yaman and another bloke to injury, and one of there other blokes got sent off for a quarter too. Tough game to win with only one on the bench. Umpires were pretty fair, older blokes this time makes a difference.

Excuses??? beaten by a better more disciplined team. Swans problem if bloke got sent from ground for being undisciplined. The way that Durbridge conducts himself is a disgrace-sniper and worst medallist EVER! Jorjoura also is a loose cannon and disgraceful. Saw 4 swans blokes punching the crap out of the echuca captain-really brave! The umpires should be commended on their performance. Its time to take some action. Perry meka needs to go. I will never venture down to watch that team again-pathetic:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Oh Well done to Durbridge for having a go at 17 yr old Echuca water boy-Your a hero brian

Ordinary how number 30 lifted the elbow and collected axel childs, right in front of the umpire and he got reported. At 3/4 time there was a fight were a few of the swans blokes lost control. Few issues 4 them to sort out.

Ordinary how number 30 lifted the elbow and collected axel childs, right in front of the umpire and he got reported. At 3/4 time there was a fight were a few of the swans blokes lost control. Few issues 4 them to sort out.

I dont know Perry Meka personally,but if this is true what is alledged hes done,he simply has to have his coaching ticket taken of him,and then he can not coach under VCFL rules, so the league can sack him??????

Great to hear Echuca won on the weekend and ruffled the Swans feathers....what is it with Shepparton teams in general, bunch of egotistic misfits....

Looking through that Echuca team on the weekend and who got in their best and goal kickers only two recruits from outside the town featured and a lot of 17,18 and 19 y/o running around....not big headed ex AFL douche bag's (except Egan, not that he's a douchebag, I dont even know the bloke)....

Not doubt the Echuca Skipper would have sitrred up the lot of them, poor old Eugene I swear the kid has a target on his forehead;)

Wonder what Robbo, Ooze, and Browny think of all these shenanigans? And we are only 2weeks into the season........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back