Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what paper you have been reading toxic but as far as I've always known the riv have always reported the facts and will continue to do so!.. Ben carter for life
Andrew Walker did not make any commitment to Echuca.
Given that he had been appointed to the Carlton FC coaching panel prior to the Riv Herald "reporting ",it was not possible for Andrew to commit to Echuca,as much as he would love to.
The Riv Herald engineered the whole story,complete with a digitally altered image of him holding an Echuca jumper.
The author of that story should be held to account.But i guess "fake news" seems to be the current trend.

Cupido has put in a clearance to the Shepp Swans
Yer I heard that he has signed. They may have panicked a bit as the numbers haven't been great and they were probably keen for a forward. Hopefully he will leave his other activities at home. Not sure it's a good move in terms of club culture but there are some fairly astute individuals down at Princess Park so hopefully they know what they are doing

Yer I heard that he has signed. They may have panicked a bit as the numbers haven't been great and they were probably keen for a forward. Hopefully he will leave his other activities at home. Not sure it's a good move in terms of club culture but there are some fairly astute individuals down at Princess Park so hopefully they know what they are doing

Fair to say it would've been a long time since United, Bears, Mooroopna and Swans have all been in the top 6 in the same year. Looking like the Swans and Cats could be holding the ladder up this year!

Fair to say it would've been a long time since United, Bears, Mooroopna and Swans have all been in the top 6 in the same year. Looking like the Swans and Cats could be holding the ladder up this year!
You dont think Mooroopna have done enough to move out of the bottom 2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon you could look into your crystal ball ringo and give us your 2017 ladder?

Reckon you could look into your crystal ball ringo and give us your 2017 ladder?

Geez big ask mate but here goes
Kyabram 72
Shepparton 56
Euroa. 52
Seymour. 48
Rochester. 44
Benalla. 44

Echuca. 40
Mansfield. 36
Tatura. 32
United. 28
Mooroopna. 12
Swans. 4

Only an opinion. No mathematicians please:cool:

Kyabram 72
Shepparton 56
Euroa. 52
Seymour. 48
Rochester. 44
Benalla. 44

Echuca. 40
Mansfield. 36
Tatura. 32
United. 28
Mooroopna. 12
Swans. 4

Done well with points and everything mate! But I think mooroopna can really surprise a few this year and think benalla will slide out of the 6! They've lost some serious players this off season.

Kyabram 72
Shepparton 56
Euroa. 52
Seymour. 48
Rochester. 44
Benalla. 44

Echuca. 40
Mansfield. 36
Tatura. 32
United. 28
Mooroopna. 12
Swans. 4

Good skills ringo. I think Benalla will be lower than 6th and I don't believe Rochy will drop as low as 5th, but otherwise I cannot disagree with your predictions.

Is it a final five this year?

Kyabram 72
Shepparton 56
Euroa. 52
Seymour. 48
Rochester. 44
Benalla. 44

Echuca. 40
Mansfield. 36
Tatura. 32
United. 28
Mooroopna. 12
Swans. 4

Big smokies for me are euroa and Echuca!
Rochy will still be tough to beat and would expect them to finish in the 3 again.
I don't rate shepp as highly as other posters on here. If they stick together will definitely experience success in future years but Don't forget that they have lost their 2 best players from last year(Gallagher and Wong)

Big smokies for me are euroa and Echuca!
Rochy will still be tough to beat and would expect them to finish in the 3 again.
I don't rate shepp as highly as other posters on here. If they stick together will definitely experience success in future years but Don't forget that they have lost their 2 best players from last year(Gallagher and Wong)

Fair points all johnno. Hadn't realised Gallagher was out the door as well as Wong. Agree regarding Euroa and Echuca. Murray Bombers are the big sleepers.

Who do you have in the bottom two Doc? I am with ringo, I think Mooroopna and Swans will finish bottom two in no particular order.
Hey Tongue Im unsure if Mooroopna's inclusions x 3 from Tassie perform well and their kids show improvement they could break through for a few wins Id say. The Swans are an interesting one I think their best 22 will be very capable but if they have a poor run with injury the could find themselves quite low on the table. Hard to guage United at this point as well. I think sides 5th to 12th could throw up some surprise results as I think there wont be a huge talent gap between them.

Typically ambiguous johnno. Any fear of answering a question with simple answer?

In all seriousness thou in the last 10 years 6th would have beaten 3rd maybe twice? One of those years was a red hot Seymour with Clifton and wheeler back who went on to make the gf.
I can bet aswell that even thou 3rd play in an elimination final first up they would have made the gf more often than 2nd. The risk is well worth the reward in finishing 3rd.
Would be keen for someone more motivated than me to look up some stats on this.

Last edited:
In all seriousness thou in the last 10 years 6th would have been 3rd maybe twice? One of those years was a red hot Seymour with Clifton and wheeler back who went on to make the gf.
I can bet aswell that even thou 3rd play in an elimination final first up they would have made the gf more often than 2nd. The risk is well worth the reward in finishing 3rd.
Would be keen for someone more motivated than me to look up some stats on this.

Like the old final five....rewards 3 teams and if you are good enough anyone can still win it

Like the old final five....rewards 3 teams and if you are good enough anyone can still win it
Shepp Swans have got some Talented Kids coming through this year does anyone know anything about these young blokes and who they are etc supposed to be some very talented kids !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back