Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that you insinuate that I’m bagging a league for making a decision, yet you support a post suggesting a league is to scared and lacking ‘ some ‘ for not making a decision .
We all know where you stand also , but your stance and continuing attack might be growing really tiresome for some of the alternate view as well .

Seems you feel like a lot of people are attacking you.....mmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Listening to Peter Cole re:HDFL decision in SEN earlier and geez he spoke well, highlighted everything my conversations with club executive members are discussing.

I get the angst, disappointment etc going round but we truly need to put ourselves in club executive shoes and legitimately imagine the stresses and strains they’re under (as volunteers)

Also, Mental Health don’t need a club to say we’re open to address itself and support our people ... there are leaders in every shape and form and you don’t need a label to offer support or interaction to your community, offer an activity a time slot and be there.

Grown adults can solve a heap of issues right now if the want to, be a leader, grab the reins your community regardless of there 4pts being on offer or not.

Worth a listen ...

Just listened to it Doona . Appears as though the AFL protocol was Felt to be to over bearing and that the HDFL were very definitive that football with crowds wouldn’t be achieveable in July . FWIW that is not what I am hearing , with quite a bit of positivity today especially if numbers remain low .
Also mentioned that players wouldn’t move assumingly in the assumption that other clubs had maxed out on points or salary cap , or at least completed their recruiting , before the season was suspended .
I noted no mention of kids / netballers , non senior players being recruited by others . These are the groups I’d be most concern about being recruited .
From what I am seeing it was far from a unanimous decision , with quite a few expressing their angst .

Again people will make their own choices once the dust settles on all this, community sport will remain in whatever fashion it does and then people will decide if they wish to partake or not.

Your thoughts ROAR and how you operate and function may be completely different to Ringo, Rootas mob or Normie Nesko’s old mob LBU.

Life’s, livelihoods and what we all deem as important to “us” may never be the same and that’s cool, as long as I’m upright and breathing I now understand that’s more important than anything else.

I got off my local club executive as I moved to Melbourne but I still offer support and counsel and I so feel for anyone entrusted with that responsibility on behalf of people who often only see it from their own “individual” effect.

Play on men ...

AFL Victoria and Cricket Victoria have come to an agreement over season dates:

Large blue diamond

Football can play H&A until Sept 27.

Large blue diamond

Finals must conclude by Oct 18

Large blue diamond

Premier cricket can start from Oct 10.

Large blue diamond

Junior cricket can commence from Oct 16.

Large blue diamond

Senior cricket can begin Oct 23.

The censorship on here at present is ridiculous.

Can whoever is driving this censorship please read through the thread and remove all of Doc Larkins posts circa. 1st rant. Prior to 2nd rant where he was suspended. The one where he references the Atkins twins and compares their alleged behaviour to two posters on here might be good start. Cheers.

The censorship on here at present is ridiculous.

Can whoever is driving this censorship please read through the thread and remove all of Doc Larkins posts circa. 1st rant. Prior to 2nd rant where he was suspended. The one where he references the Atkins twins and compares their alleged behaviour to two posters on here might be good start. Cheers.

So who does Doc Larkins name does he post under now,you confuse me.

Still maintain the key issue is AFL Victoria has to make a call by June 1 to either play by ex date/or cancel all community football.My preference is the latter being a club volunteer who spends all week ends with my club plus many hours during the week.A club volunteer right now really stressed about the future at the moment if we play,gawd lucky I am not the president.Spoke to a couple of our junior parents this arvo,whether we play or not they have made their decision with all the uncertainty and the risks with this virus plus all the extra work involved for our volunteers if we play.CALL THE SEASON OFF.

Last edited:
Please...so sick of this. Just leave it alone.

No worries chief....thanks for your advice.

Seems what happens on here has to get the approval of you and the other regular know it all. Seriously some people think they own this site.

People are entitled to have a view different to yours but far from being accused (while I have a cup of tea) of getting on the sauce and posting it’s honestly sickening how you think you can accuse people of having “burner” accounts etc as well.

Pull your own head in and we can all get along. Pretty simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any one know if some one within a club comes down with covid 19 are they covered by insurance.Interesting article in the Bendigo Advertisor today about the Heathcote League and one of the many reasons given why they cancelled their season.
Covered in what context?

No worries chief....thanks for your advice.

Seems what happens on here has to get the approval of you and the other regular know it all. Seriously some people think they own this site.

People are entitled to have a view different to yours but far from being accused (while I have a cup of tea) of getting on the sauce and posting it’s honestly sickening how you think you can accuse people of having “burner” accounts etc as well.

Pull your own head in and we can all get along. Pretty simple.

:'( oh i never accused anyone of that, I clarified a previous post.

Fair enough but I think old mate can defend himself if he feels he needs to. Not that I think he has to but geez he’s shooting from the hip and has a crack if people think/feel differently to him. I’m happy to move on.

Mate my views are always my own and I live and die by that. I'm happy to move on too.

Well I can guarantee these posts won’t be around for long!
You guys need to Get back to footy!
How about before we hit the go button,
1, Say it out loud.
2, Check if you would say it out loud in front of your mum.
3, Check again if you would say it out loud with your real name attached to it.
If your post ticks all 3 boxes then I reckon you can hit send.
Cmon lads.

Last edited by a moderator:
A generation of the 14-17 year could be lost to the game. The Jordan doco wont help either mate...basketball is coming..again

Speaking to some of our junior footy parents they have just about given up on playing any footy this season even if it does start July/Aug because of these restrictions which most likely could be around till October at least.The requirements at the stage to keep the place clean,covid officer etc is a big ask and a couple have said to me they might look at basketball with less players on the court and if it gets going,Basketball that is.

Really tough situation atm . Heard today of a club who put a survey out a couple of weeks ago to a certain playing group who gave back information suggesting 25% were uncertain if they’d play if footy started in the back end of July . On the back of that the club informed the league they’d struggle to field all sides . after the clubs advice to the league became known , the club has allegedly been bombarded with members and long time locals telling the club where to stick it . They estimate they’ll have over $500k in the bank by season end regardless of playing or not and fear they won’t have enough netballers or footballers to have a club next year or beyond .
Not only do clubs have people saying they arent up for this season they’ve got people leaving if they don’t play .
Regardless of what side of the fence you sit on , it is pleasing that the AFL have started to come up and provide position on the season progressing .
I am happy to admit it appears I may have got their intent completely wrong .

Have few reservations that juniors will not return to footy next season,there are not very many sports they can be involved in at the moment.Perhaps there might be issues with the beginners in Aus kick.Individual sports like tennis even golf might benefit from this shut down of a lot of sports and even cricket with senior training only approx 6 to 7 weeks away and juniors mid Aug approx indoors if the indoor cricket centres are open of cause.If we do play 8 or 9 games of seniors and even juniors I would think all clubs will be struggling to field sides in the 2's and juniors because of this uncertainty going on.All the data coming out to the clubs with what to do and not do and having Covid 19 officer etc is really making it difficult for clubs and some are not sure how they are going to cop if we play.

Have few reservations that juniors will not return to footy next season,there are not very many sports they can be involved in at the moment.Perhaps there might be issues with the beginners in Aus kick.Individual sports like tennis even golf might benefit from this shut down of a lot of sports and even cricket with senior training only approx 6 to 7 weeks away and juniors mid Aug approx indoors if the indoor cricket centres are open of cause.If we do play 8 or 9 games of seniors and even juniors I would think all clubs will be struggling to field sides in the 2's and juniors because of this uncertainty going on.All the data coming out to the clubs with what to do and not do and having Covid 19 officer etc is really making it difficult for clubs and some are not sure how they are going to cop if we play.
Sorry MCG, was interested in Roar's post you quoted and since deleted by the poster (I assume). What country club has 500k in the bank in these difficult times? I would like to know the name of said club, as with 500k in the bank there is no possible way they would go into recession in 2021 if they do not play this year. (If there is actual senior footy).

Speaking to some of our junior footy parents they have just about given up on playing any footy this season even if it does start July/Aug because of these restrictions which most likely could be around till October at least.The requirements at the stage to keep the place clean,covid officer etc is a big ask and a couple have said to me they might look at basketball with less players on the court and if it gets going,Basketball that is.

Shes a different era too remember, entitlement, I want I want and some parents don’t help.

Not everyone loves or see’s footy etc like us, or for what it was “in my day” etc so with options in life that ain’t even sport related local sports changed a long time ago.

And don’t be fooled, the basketball narrative suits a lot of parents too as they only have to show interest or get outa their comfort zones for an hour tops.

Even at times how hard it can be to get a kid to trot a boundary, run water or do the scoreboard without a “what’s in it for me” outlook changed a long time ago ...

I wanna talk footy trips....best places/worst places and funny stories ....the rider on that is that we don’t use people’s names for obvious reasons.

Go !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back