Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

He took a liking to Tongala local Pat Church and happend to knock his glasses of coming of at half time, local constable Maskell was good enough to give big Shane a ride in his wagon to the station and was very kind to take him back to the footy when the game had finished.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pat Curch did roll with a shocking toupee,
that coupled with his big mouth he got plenty of feedback not just from pinhead

Last edited:
An interesting article about Shane Loveless and breaking the old Latrobe Valley League goal kicking record https://www.latrobevalleyexpress.co...loveless-snagged-the-lvfl-goalkicking-record/

He played at 16 clubs apparently (not confirmed though). Was probably asked to move on from over half of them. Could play but certainly not someone that I would have had around a club - controversy followed him wherever he went. Could certainly tell you some stories about his time at South Gambier - he was basically run out of town!

He came to my club East Burwood mid season in 2017. He transferred down from Bairnsdale where he was leading the goal kicking. He got to EB for two reasons. One because he was playing cricket there and was a friend of the cricket club captain who also played footy at EB. However, the main reason he ended up there was because he had lost his licence and his partner wouldn't drive him up and back each week.
The reason for her lack of enthusiasm could probably be linked to his appearance in the Shepparton Court where he pleaded guilty to threatening to make intimate photos of a former partner "go viral" unless she paid him money.
He was very overweight and unfit and did little for the season. I could only conclude that footy up in Bairnsdale wasn't of a great standard.
If he plays at MCUE then that will be his 12th club in 12 years. The one word that accurately describes him is mercenary.
I must say though he can kick the ball a country mile. Just so the MCUE players are fore warned, don't place any bets with him that you can kick the ball further than he can. From what I understand it seems to be very reliable source of income at any club he has played at.

He is an ordinary individual Cliff - his behaviour at Henty was something that was ordinary at best. He is the size of a house now and certainly has let himself go physically. When he turned up at East Burwood, he then left and went to Croydon where he lasted half a year before moving on to Mount Evelyn (where he lasted about the same time). He makes lots of promises and rarely keeps them. I still cannot understand why clubs fall for his capers.

Him and the infamous Balraj Singh are modern day mercenaries.....

He is an ordinary individual Cliff - his behaviour at Henty was something that was ordinary at best. He is the size of a house now and certainly has let himself go physically. When he turned up at East Burwood, he then left and went to Croydon where he lasted half a year before moving on to Mount Evelyn (where he lasted about the same time). He makes lots of promises and rarely keeps them. I still cannot understand why clubs fall for his capers.

In his time at Ouyen he was paid to play interleague games!

Apparently shed 15kg over summer to prepare for his return to the O&M.

I think he was at Croydon before EB. I remember that when he first arrived there they wouldn't allow him to play for nearly half the season until he improved his fitness. He finished the year there and played half the next year before leaving and playing out the remainder of the season at Mt Evelyn. Didn't make himself popular with his gambling at Croydon. Croydon was his junior club.
Didn't he try break his contract with Henty last year but couldn't?

Good old Balraj, the ultimate team player! refused to get put of the car to play in a final until the money was delivered to the vehicle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember he turned up unannounced at Griffith one week for training and announced he was going to play with the club. Was gone the next week as the club refused to meet his proposed remuneration and associated demands which were quite lengthy if I remember correctly.

Have heard so many stories about him over the years.... I wonder where he is now.

Last edited:
I think he was at Croydon before EB. I remember that when he first arrived there they wouldn't allow him to play for nearly half the season until he improved his fitness. He finished the year there and played half the next year before leaving and playing out the remainder of the season at Mt Evelyn. Didn't make himself popular with his gambling at Croydon. Croydon was his junior club.
Didn't he try break his contract with Henty last year but couldn't?

Thanks for clarifying Cliff. Couldn‘t remember the order of clubs as there have been so many! I am not sure he was breaking his contract at Henty but let’s just say he wasn’t going to be returning in 2020.

Interesting to hear someone say he had lost a lot of weight. He was certainly carrying a lot last year when I saw him running around. He couldn’t move too far going by the condition he was in.

Last edited:
I remember he turned up unannounced at Griffith one week for training and announced he was going to play with the club. Was gone the next week as the club refused to meet his proposed remuneration and associated demands which were quite lengthy if I remember correctly.

Have heard so many stories about him over the years.... I wonder where he is now.

The prince ended up playing for Pyramid Hillas a ruckman of all things. I remember playing against him and asking him if they had to pay him more to get out of the forward fifty!

Thanks for clarifying Cliff. Couldn‘t remember the order of clubs as there have been so many! I am not sure he was breaking his contract at Henty but let’s just say he wasn’t going to be returning in 2021.

Interesting to hear someone say he had lost a lot of weight. He was certainly carrying a lot last year when I saw him running around. He couldn’t move too far going by the condition he was in.
He tried to leave Henty in 2019.
https://www.bordermail.com.au/story...-goalkicking-ace-puts-family-before-football/

Looks like he was probably after another sign on fee.
I reckon that's why he's been to so many clubs. A new sign on fee every year.

Last edited:
He tried to leave Henty in 2019.
https://www.bordermail.com.au/story...-goalkicking-ace-puts-family-before-football/

Looks like he was probably after another sign on fee.
I reckon that's why he's been to so many clubs. A new sign on fee every year.

Has certainly accepted some sign on fees Over the years and hasn’t returned them either after reneging on deals with clubs. Pity the clubs that have fallen for his antics...

Thats why I cant understand why a great and well respected club like MCUE would invest in him. Totally bizarre....

Has certainly accepted some sign on fees Over the years and hasn’t returned them either after reneging on deals with clubs. Pity the clubs that have fallen for his antics...

Thats why I cant understand why a great and well respected club like MCUE would invest in him. Totally bizarre....
14 clubs in total if he plays at MCUE. Still a couple behind Loveless.

Though they both look poor against Trevor Suttons record.
https://nswfootballhistory.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/1986-07-31-Inside-Football-p.16.pdf

And then there's Danny Cassette! There is a post somewhere that states 60 clubs, but that has to be an exaggeration. Maybe thats for him and his little mate.
Found further fame on "A Current Affair" as a Love Rat.
Also a forward.

Last edited:
14 clubs in total if he plays at MCUE. Still a couple behind Loveless.

Though they both look poor against Trevor Suttons record.
https://nswfootballhistory.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/1986-07-31-Inside-Football-p.16.pdf

And then there's Danny Cassette!
Some good work on here from yourself Cliff and localfootyguru. Have really enjoyed reading about your insights into Cupido, Loveless and Singh.

I once spent three days with Damian Cupido's old man Garth on a work 'professional development' assignment. Garth was a ripper! Not so sure about PD and wellbeing though, as we certainly had a less than salubrious few days!

Last edited:
Some good work on here from yourself Cliff and localfootyguru. Have really enjoyed reading about your insights into Cupido, Loveless and Singh.

I once spent three days with Damian Cupido's old man Garth on a work 'professional development' assignment. Garth was a ripper! Not so sure about PD and wellbeing though, as we certainly had a less than salubrious few days!
Did Danny Cassette ever play in the GVFL?

One of the greatest decks in country footy!

Regressing here sorry posters as catching up since holidayjng north of the covid border. Drove from Kyabram to Katoomba last Saturday. Just south of Narrandera were the first hills I came across. Big flat country out there. Reminded me of the Mallee. Leagues up here must do some kilometres each week.
Seeing the huge cities west of Sydney have made me realise why the AFL are so keen on GWS. Cessnock and Maitland have more people than the entire Goulburn Valley, and they are pretty far west, yet still linked to Sydney by a slick highway system. Seeing Aussie rules grounds even close to Port Maquarie.
Drove past Newcastle Knights ground and Deakin Reserve looks much bigger in area, despite obvious reduced size of stands.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back