Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Martyn left Benalla.... Off to Myrtleford.
Be interesting too see how he goes word was he had lost interest in Footy. Didn't start until late this year and didn't do much in comparison to his previous output in the GV. I think it's fair to say he will be stepping up in standard as well.

Be interesting too see how he goes word was he had lost interest in Footy. Didn't start until late this year and didn't do much in comparison to his previous output in the GV. I think it's fair to say he will be stepping up in standard as well.
Will be only available for 6 games. Is building a house in Harrietville. I believe he wants to travel next year.

See local FDM Trevor Mellington has resigned . Was the last remaining person locally with greater than 2 years experience ( covid affected ) .
Region now down to one ( of 3) FDM’s and no RGM( 6 months )🙊
Massive loss for the region, absolutely ripping bloke and was great with the direction he gave the kids on and off the field..

Horrible that such great regional footy people have been forced out
Think 'Sparra ' was retiring! As for Jamie and Trev, they are huge losses. Jamie was the best thing that happened in the region and we all know what happened there! Disgraceful! Trev has done a power of work and was always looking to promote the game and had its best interests at heart.

Think 'Sparra ' was retiring! As for Jamie and Trev, they are huge losses. Jamie was the best thing that happened in the region and we all know what happened there! Disgraceful! Trev has done a power of work and was always looking to promote the game and had its best interests at heart.
Of glowing concern is that since announcing an investment of 18 mill into country football by way of resources the only increases in resources has been within head office. At grassroots level, fdm’s who are clubs and leagues first port of call have been reduced dramatically across the state to the point that they are well below the recommendations of the Jackson report of 2011 . I’d go as far as saying resources for clubs and leagues are now well below that if the VCFL days . Interestingly the commission which is chaired by the ex VCFL vice president is moving or has already moved away from AFL Vic country as such and directly affiliated to AFL Vic under the metro model .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The talk seems to be that Atleys availability is going to be somewhere between limited to not at all with an Overseas trip on the cards Post. Heard talk along those lines Post?
The talk seems to be that Atleys availability is going to be somewhere between limited to not at all with an Overseas trip on the cards Post. Heard talk along those lines Post?
The story in the Campaspe News dated 22nd November suggests otherwise 'Fly.

Also hearing Chris Jansen will play the majority of the season at Rochy. Not playing VFL.

Of glowing concern is that since announcing an investment of 18 mill into country football by way of resources the only increases in resources has been within head office. At grassroots level, fdm’s who are clubs and leagues first port of call have been reduced dramatically across the state to the point that they are well below the recommendations of the Jackson report of 2011 . I’d go as far as saying resources for clubs and leagues are now well below that if the VCFL days . Interestingly the commission which is chaired by the ex VCFL vice president is moving or has already moved away from AFL Vic country as such and directly affiliated to AFL Vic under the metro model .
Its fairly big roar, most league's would have run at a big loss, I've got little doubt, it will go into junior development "pathways" and bugger all to country footy, this could really hurt league's across the state

Ok yep hopefully for Rochy and the League he out there regularly.
Not sure if you read the report 'Fly?

Shaun states that he intends playing with both his brothers by 2023. Jacob Atley has signed for next year and Joe Atley will continue as captain of the Essendon VFL team in 2022, but again has nominated Rochy as his home club. Joe didn't play at Rochy at all last year but suspect that might change next year with his brothers playing.

Not sure if you read the report 'Fly?

Shaun states that he intends playing with both his brothers by 2023. Jacob Atley has signed for next year and Joe Atley will continue as captain of the Essendon VFL team in 2022, but again has nominated Rochy as his home club. Joe didn't play at Rochy at all last year but suspect that might change next year with his brothers playing.
I hadn't seen that Thanks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back