Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Some big games coming up this weekend. Let's assume the top four are locks, but Seymour v Echuca is still huge in the sense of the top two. Lions for me. Kyabram v United similar as the Bombers want top two and United want 5th or 6th. The Champs ought win at home. Round 1 of Mansfield v Rochy in the foothills is pivotal for both ... the rematch at Rochy in two weeks equally so. Tipping the home team on each occasion.

Mooroopna versus Tatura at Tatura is tough for the Cats. Tipping the Cats. Euroa should beat the Bears to solidify their position near the top of the ladder. The Saints should beat the Swans at home.

Some big games coming up this weekend. Let's assume the top four are locks, but Seymour v Echuca is still huge in the sense of the top two. Lions for me. Kyabram v United similar as the Bombers want top two and United want 5th or 6th. The Champs ought win at home. Round 1 of Mansfield v Rochy in the foothills is pivotal for both ... the rematch at Rochy in two weeks equally so. Tipping the home team on each occasion.

Mooroopna versus Tatura at Tatura is tough for the Cats. Tipping the Cats. Euroa should beat the Bears to solidify their position near the top of the ladder. The Saints should beat the Swans at home.
I'd be surprised if Echuca didn't knock Seymour off. What's Rochy's record like over at Mansfield Silver? looms as a toss of the coin.

I'd be surprised if Echuca didn't knock Seymour off. What's Rochy's record like over at Mansfield Silver? looms as a toss of the coin.
An interesting question as I didn't think Rochy played in the mountains in 2019, and I was correct. Got flogged by Mansfield at Mansfield in 2018. Who knows 'Fly. The GV website is useful on occasion at least.

Sounds like the Eagles are up and about beating Seymour. Rochy should have Hamilton, L Harper, Watson and Williams all available after injury. Jansen and Kay might be playing VFL so actual line ups are certainly provisional.

Loser of Seymour Echuca will be 3rd if euroa beat bears

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% Silver.

Mooroopna need to be on their toes to ensure the 4pts against Tatura. They've been a mixed bag this year the Cats and we've seen them drop games they should have been winning including 2 losses to the Bears.

As pretty clearly communicated on this forum, Seymour appear to be in a position where they are likely to be relying on the return and qualification of VFL listed players to find the footy that's had them win 9 straight. In terms of qualification of VFL listed players, I suspect the amount of H&A games required to have been played will need to be adjusted with the reduction of games due to pandemic. Over the years it's been tough for sides to manage where coaches aren't sure from week to week what VFL listed players are available. It's great when there in, but needless to say, there's fair holes left in sides when they're not.

The Mansfield Rochester game should be a beauty and again, we look to the Rochester VFL listed players availability? I have seen Jansen play and he is an absolute beast at GV level. Makes a huge difference if he is in. The GVL has elected to 'Liverstream' this game with spectators obviously unable to attend. Depending on what decisions are made by the state government on crowds allowed back at games, this is something we could see continuing until the general public are allowed back in through the gates. The preliminary and grand finals are also set to be livestreamed.

With all due respect, I would be shocked if United were able to roll Kyabram. This year has just not panned out the way United had planned. Their key recruit players including the Tiwi Island boys (left earlier this season) and Brock McLean (work commitments) haven't played the games they were expected to this year. Osborne due to work commitments will hand the reigns on after this season with an announcement soon to be made on his successor.

Paul Hawke has also said that he won't continue next season with family commitments having led the club now for almost 4 years? The Swans are on the hunt for a new senior coach as we speak. Paul Hawke deserves a medal for the job he has done with the Swans. They have come a long way since being a side in our competition being beaten by 100 pts+ every week.

Benalla with a full fit list could be a bit of a smokey to do some damage for the remainder of this season. I wouldn't be writing them off just yet.

100% Silver.

Mooroopna need to be on their toes to ensure the 4pts against Tatura. They've been a mixed bag this year the Cats and we've seen them drop games they should have been winning including 2 losses to the Bears.

As pretty clearly communicated on this forum, Seymour appear to be in a position where they are likely to be relying on the return and qualification of VFL listed players to find the footy that's had them win 9 straight. In terms of qualification of VFL listed players, I suspect the amount of H&A games required to have been played will need to be adjusted with the reduction of games due to pandemic. Over the years it's been tough for sides to manage where coaches aren't sure from week to week what VFL listed players are available. It's great when there in, but needless to say, there's fair holes left in sides when they're not.

The Mansfield Rochester game should be a beauty and again, we look to the Rochester VFL listed players availability? I have seen Jansen play and he is an absolute beast at GV level. Makes a huge difference if he is in. The GVL has elected to 'Liverstream' this game with spectators obviously unable to attend. Depending on what decisions are made by the state government on crowds allowed back at games, this is something we could see continuing until the general public are allowed back in through the gates. The preliminary and grand finals are also set to be livestreamed.

With all due respect, I would be shocked if United were able to roll Kyabram. This year has just not panned out the way United had planned. Their key recruit players including the Tiwi Island boys (left earlier this season) and Brock McLean (work commitments) haven't played the games they were expected to this year. Osborne due to work commitments will hand the reigns on after this season with an announcement soon to be made on his successor.

Paul Hawke has also said that he won't continue next season with family commitments having led the club now for almost 4 years? The Swans are on the hunt for a new senior coach as we speak. Paul Hawke deserves a medal for the job he has done with the Swans. They have come a long way since being a side in our competition being beaten by 100 pts+ every week.

Benalla with a full fit list could be a bit of a smokey to do some damage for the remainder of this season. I wouldn't be writing them off just yet.

Love the summary Mclovin! Great insight.

100% Silver.

Not sure what family commitments Hawkey would have he has flown Solo for years and has 1 Adult Child who doesn't live in the area. I think he might have just had enough. The term beast I would have more associated with past GV guns like Stephen Ash & Linc Withers not Chris Jensen who more looks like he needs a good feed and a sustained weights program.

Not sure what family commitments Hawkey would have he has flown Solo for years and has 1 Adult Child who doesn't live in the area. I think he might have just had enough. The term beast I would have more associated with past GV guns like Stephen Ash & Linc Withers not Chris Jensen who more looks like he needs a good feed and a sustained weights program.

Ok champ🥇 Thanks for the correction. Your additions to the conversation are really useful 🤣🤣

I apologise for the use of the term 'beast' and will reserve it only ever for future use when referring to players who can be classed as 'Legends' of the competition who played no less than a minimum of 10 years ago 😁

In terms of Paul Hawke, I don't know him personally and I'm glad that you do. You are obviously comfortable enough with your relationship to discuss his martial status here on a public online forum.

I stand corrected and would like to retract my statement 'family commitments' and instead use the term 'other commitments'. The point though that you'd think was all that was relevant was that HE WON'T COACH NEXT YEAR. Is that better bush?

Ok champ🥇 Thanks for the correction. Your additions to the conversation are really useful 🤣🤣

I apologise for the use of the term 'beast' and will reserve it only ever for future use when referring to players who can be classed as 'Legends' of the competition who played no less than a minimum of 10 years ago 😁

In terms of Paul Hawke, I don't know him personally and I'm glad that you do. You are obviously comfortable enough with your relationship to discuss his martial status here on a public online forum.

I stand corrected and would like to retract my statement 'family commitments' and instead use the term 'other commitments'. The point though that you'd think was all that was relevant was that HE WON'T COACH NEXT YEAR. Is that better bush?
I think if Jansen played full time in the GV he would quickly be labelled a beast. Looks 'VFL style lean muscle' fit rather than chunky like Withers, or that massive core strength Ash had through his thighs and glutes. Yes Ash had a big arse but but jeez could he play! Ringo could give us a more detailed description of Jansen's body of work. He was certainly carrying a leg in his two games for Rochy and they were his only two games in any grade for the season this far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if Jansen played full time in the GV he would quickly be labelled a beast. Looks 'VFL style lean muscle' fit rather than chunky like Withers, or that massive core strength Ash had through his thighs and glutes. Yes Ash had a big arse but but jeez could he play! Ringo could give us a more detailed description of Jansen's body of work. He was certainly carrying a leg in his two games for Rochy and they were his only two games in any grade for the season this far.
Not sure why but when I first read your post I thought for a moment that you referred to 🐔 🦵 ringo1 as having big thighs .

Don't think Hawkey would be upset by what is common knowledge. It's also been covered on here a few times in the past month that he isn't continuing in the role so there is a touch of Sandra Sully with the late news about your Announcement. Put an action shot of Jensen up if you want I don't think it would resemble a beast.

Will Jamo come back to the swans?

Don't think Hawkey would be upset by what is common knowledge. It's also been covered on here a few times in the past month that he isn't continuing in the role so there is a touch of Sandra Sully with the late news about your Announcement. Put an action shot of Jensen up if you want I don't think it would resemble a beast.

I haven't heard any names linked with the Swans job as yet. They love Warby down there so I'm sure they would atleast ask him but it's been 7 years since he finished up there.
Hopefully the Swans get someone who can retain those premiership players who came back under Hawke as well as have some contacts to get a few more into the nest!

Hopefully the Swans get someone who can retain those premiership players who came back under Hawke as well as have some contacts to get a few more into the nest!
Got good kids coming through they will make the Finals in the Under 18's and there are a few already in the Senior side showing a bit.

Mate I haven't actually seen him play as he was injured both times we played them. He may well be gettable on a F/T basis as it appears as if Port are imploding. I'm actually a bit concerned about footy being played this weekend . A handful of cases and we will be shut down without notice.

Waiting anxiously for the press conference today!

24 Hours is an eternity when your operating on a knives edge 🥺 20210805_094658.jpg

Waiting anxiously for the press conference today!

24 Hours is an eternity when your operating on a knives edge 🥺View attachment 1196393
1 case overnight within a school who had been in the community for 3 days whilst infectious means things will be on hold for a day or two at least .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back