Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Louis is a highly regarded VFL player for Werribee and was invited to the draft combine a couple of years ago. Initially unlucky not to have been drafted in his final year of NAB. Generally plays back and is as hard as a cats head. Four byes in the VFL so he could play a few for the Lions. I'd expect Werribee to be playing finals footy.

There you go. Another great get.

42 clubs outside of the GVL within the AFLGM Region .
Split them as equally as possible across the 12 GVL clubs and they form as the development for GVL clubs.
GVL has Seniors and U19’s .
Would increase relationship between community league with all having a invested interest in their nearby feeder ( community clubs ) or the premier (GVL) club .
Structure games so that GVL clubs games and it’s feeder clubs games aren’t on at the same time to increase supporter attandence at both .
Could extend it further with the country portion of what is currently NAB cup being based as u19 regionally based comp. Eg GM region has a u19 side in state comp as does Bendigo , Ballarat , O&M , Gippsland etc etc. it would therefore merely be more
like a premier league rep Squad .

That is similar to how the Benalla and District FL operated prior to Swanpool and Tatong being wound up and remaining clubs being moved to O&K. In theory it would be great, but the AFL Regional boundaries make it hard for Benalla, Mansfield and Euroa with the AFLNEB having oversight on the juniors and O&K, and other nearby “community leagues”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He would be a chance to add to his trophy cabinet tongue Whats Rochys chances for a top 4 finish mate. I’m personally looking forward in watching some real good GV footy this year especially with the likes of Echuca/ Seymour/ Euroa/ Kyabram looking really good and hopefullyi improvement in Mansfield/ Rochy /Benalla mooroopna/ Shepp will be better / swans also I think tatura and and certainly United bottom 2 rungs
Good focus of discussion Swoop! Well done.

Dougy Wren could easily win another at Rochy this year as he is a ball magnet! Not sure Rochy can step into the top 4 at this point as the big 4 keep improving. No one is certain of ins and outs yet. Who knows how many games the Atleys play and the loss of Austin and Jansen decrease their chances of jumping into the top four.

I suspect Mooroopna could be as likely as anyone but until clearances open who really knows ... I mentioned Benalla as my slider but obviously United might sit rock bottom of the comp! Weird as traditionally they had always had strong juniors ... Shepp Swans might continue to improve within that bottom eight on the ladder.

Best Recruit: if Will Hayes lands at Euroa which appears to be on the cards it will be him by the Flemington Straight. Improver/s: Mansfield and Mooroopna both look to have upside. Mansfield were a bit limited up forward but had a pretty solid side and have added a few. Slider: Well it will be United they Won 4 of 11 this year it looks set to be more 0 or 1 out of 18.
Looks like Will is training at Carlton for the pre season after signing with their VFL team, so won't be at Euroa often... if at all

Looks like Will is training at Carlton for the pre season after signing with their VFL team, so won't be at Euroa often... if at all
The Herald Sun reported the opposite today on an article relating to where guys had gone after being delisted or retiring. It mentioned Horse Racing was now his focus. Wait and see I guess.

The Herald Sun reported the opposite today on an article relating to where guys had gone after being delisted or retiring. It mentioned Horse Racing was now his focus. Wait and see I guess.
I thought JD had gone down that path with an older brother? Can't see JD playing at all with the demands of training. If Will joins to make a trio there is no way he could combine both. Not in the Spring when they are representing the owners at the very least.

I thought JD had gone down that path with an older brother? Can't see JD playing at all with the demands of training. If Will joins to make a trio there is no way he could combine both. Not in the Spring when they are representing the owners at the very least.

Ultra is always good on the Euroa news. Any word on Hayes boys movements Ultra?

My belief on the Will Hayes situation is that unless he gets picked up by Carlton in the Pre-Season draft he won't be playing in their VFL side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any football news on this GV thread
Best recruit
Biggest slider?
Biggest improver?
Who’s gunna win it ?

Sam Reid for Echuca will be a star pick up. Mansfield have also picked up some real quality too.
Shepparton United - in more trouble than anyone would believe (both on and off field)
Mansfield for mine. Were very competitive in 2021 and will make even greater strides in 2022.
Euroa or Seymour - not much between either side and great depth too (although I think the Lions may have the edge). Not writing off Kyabram and Echuca should be thereabouts as well. Promises to be a really even and competitive year in the top half with some lop sided results due to many other clubs set to struggle.

Sam Reid for Echuca will be a star pick up. Mansfield have also picked up some real quality too.
Shepparton United - in more trouble than anyone would believe (both on and off field)
Mansfield for mine. Were very competitive in 2021 and will make even greater strides in 2022.
Euroa or Seymour - not much between either side and great depth too (although I think the Lions may have the edge). Not writing off Kyabram and Echuca should be thereabouts as well. Promises to be a really even and competitive year in the top half with some lop sided results due to many other clubs set to struggle.
United have wiped their Debt and the new President seems intelligent & a good operator plus they have a full Board in place. They are in a reasonable position off field I would have thought. I wonder about your posting as you come out & make statements with conviction across about 20 Leagues which no one would have the time to follow that closely I suspect.

United have wiped their Debt and the new President seems intelligent & a good operator plus they have a full Board in place. They are in a reasonable position off field I would have thought. I wonder about your posting as you come out & make statements with conviction across about 20 Leagues which no one would have the time to follow that closely I suspect.
Are you sure about the current management 'Fly? Massive player exodus. I have heard contradictory reports, but you probably know more about their current situation.

Why the mass exodus fly?

When you say wiped their debt are you meaning other than repaying the ex President , who I am led to believe tipped in to help clear some the reported $150k debt he inherited on taking on the presidency role .
Who is the new president ?

Will be playing at the Lions full time in 2022 Ringo.

I think the information was incorrect in the paper as Werribee had announced his re-signing a while ago now….

Attachments

• 21DB0793-04C3-4400-9049-C279B6BFB1D4.jpeg
    21DB0793-04C3-4400-9049-C279B6BFB1D4.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 86
I think the information was incorrect in the paper as Werribee had announced his re-signing a while ago now….
Spoke to some Seymour fellas who said Pinnuck will be only be at The Den when not playing with Werribee. Scary list at the lions. Feel for the bottom 6-8 in each side who are dropped/miss out when the VFL boys are available.

Spoke to some Seymour fellas who said Pinnuck will be only be at The Den when not playing with Werribee. Scary list at the lions. Feel for the bottom 6-8 in each side who are dropped/miss out when the VFL boys are available.

There you go. Their list is shaping up well but wouldn't put it ahead of a full strength Euroa at this stage would you? I don't see them with the experience come big games as of yet. Would Ben Davey be the main force behind all this recruiting? Some great pick ups the last few years for the lions, his done very well if so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back