Autopsy Grand Final 2016 - all discussion in here and nowhere else

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we were robbed

That was a fix

What a joke, no respect for the corrupt afl

Our players tried their hearts out, they werent allowed to do s**t, when even hawk haters are telling me we were robbed you know something is up

Everyone can be respectful and act differently

But i think the dogs have been gifted a flag

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=725302c3d838a5d4e4d896c49497757d-1475324472

Totally agree Giants were Robbed and then the Swans.. Was disgusting... WB was the worst team to win a premiership period and it was umpire assisted... It made me not want to watch AFL and I love the game...

Totally agree Giants were Robbed and then the Swans.. Was disgusting... WB was the worst team to win a premiership period and it was umpire assisted... It made me not want to watch AFL and I love the game...
We were robbed in 06 by the drug fuelled Weagles.

Last thing I'll say about umpiring is how a system can be set up to promote a particular type of officiating. In the documentary "Dis(Honesty) The Truth About Lies" there was an ex-NBA referee who realized, upon joining the league, that certain referee's would be promoted to high paying playoffs/ finals games, be given other perks etc. He quickly learned what was expected of referees. Things like overlooking calls against the high profile players in the league. He was embroiled in a betting scandal because of his knowledge of who would be officiating particular games and their favouritism/ bias towards certain teams or players.

If you get an opportunity to watch the documentary it's worth a look. I thought the NBA ref part was pretty insightful and was an actual example of something I'd suspected of AFL umpiring.

Further to that, it would be interesting to review the patterns when particular umpires are appointed to specific teams. Hawthorn & the Bulldogs would be 2 candidates for review, to see how their free kick count & results differ depending on the umpires allocated to their games. I don't have the time/ patience to put that kind of work in, but it would be an interesting investigation.

Bulldogs supporters: if you are thinking of coming here to lecture us about the grand final, don't. We already have swansfan51 to remind us that the Bulldogs were the better team, so this should save you guys some time. ;)

EDIT: SouthSwans GoTheSwannies check your PMs...

Last edited:
Last thing I'll say about umpiring is how a system can be set up to promote a particular type of officiating. In the documentary "Dis(Honesty) The Truth About Lies" there was an ex-NBA referee who realized, upon joining the league, that certain referee's would be promoted to high paying playoffs/ finals games, be given other perks etc. He quickly learned what was expected of referees. Things like overlooking calls against the high profile players in the league. He was embroiled in a betting scandal because of his knowledge of who would be officiating particular games and their favouritism/ bias towards certain teams or players.

If you get an opportunity to watch the documentary it's worth a look. I thought the NBA ref part was pretty insightful and was an actual example of something I'd suspected of AFL umpiring.

Further to that, it would be interesting to review the patterns when particular umpires are appointed to specific teams. Hawthorn & the Bulldogs would be 2 candidates for review, to see how their free kick count & results differ depending on the umpires allocated to their games. I don't have the time/ patience to put that kind of work in, but it would be an interesting investigation.
Nba is probably the most compromised game in regards to officiating in the world. Its not even very well hidden. commentators will openly discuss a call that shouldnt have been made because it was a lebron james, kevin durant or steph curry.

" superstar calls" is an actual thing in the nba.

Superstar call sounds a lot like protected species. I do agree with your point though. The ref in the doco actually spoke about how they were told to officiate in the context of "entertainment" than enforcing rules. So you definitely raise a good point.

Superstar call sounds a lot like protected species. I do agree with your point though. The ref in the doco actually spoke about how they were told to officiate in the context of "entertainment" than enforcing rules. So you definitely raise a good point.
Couldn't give a toss bag about the NBA, this is about us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is sad now

We were beaten by a better team so time to move on

No we weren't.

We were beaten by a lesser team that played more effectively on the day.

There remains a school of thought that one of the reasons for their more effective play may have been an odd difference in the interpretation of the playing rules depending upon the colour of the guernsey worn by the particular player. Such a difference is appears exaggerated further when the decision making is viewed particularly in the context of one of the three decision makers.

Please stop Ted.

Joke RW!
Joke!

Not the accepted humour on here I know but just having a light hearted joke about a bad day!

But yes. The Bulldogs are an incredible team led by a wonderful of field leader in Robert Murphy who we wish we had leading our club on the day!
Well done Doggies. Welcome to any Dog supporters that wish to come on this thread that is called
"GRAND FINAL- ALL COMPLAINTS, RANTS GO HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE"!

WTF!

No we weren't.

We were beaten by a lesser team that played more effectively on the day.

There remains a school of thought that one of the reasons for their more effective play may have been an odd difference in the interpretation of the playing rules depending upon the colour of the guernsey worn by the particular player. Such a difference is appears exaggerated further when the decision making is viewed particularly in the context of one of the three decision makers.
They have beaten us the last 3 in counters, twice at the scg

Like gws I would say they have our measure ATM

They have beaten us the last 3 in counters, twice at the scg

Like gws I would say they have our measure ATM

Well, look, I don't think they'd have beaten us if the rules had been applied equally to both sides. It is one of about 4 or 5 things that went right for them but didn't go right for us on the day. I think to win a flag you need pretty much everything to go right and not much to go wrong. You need Malceski nailing goals from the boundary. You need Sewell missing sitters at the other end. You don't need Aliir to do his knee. You don't need Franklin to do his ankle. And you don't need one umpire to be absolutely blind to the indiscretions of one of the competing clubs.

Joke RW!
Joke!

Not the accepted humour on here I know but just having a light hearted joke about a bad day!

But yes. The Bulldogs are an incredible team led by a wonderful of field leader in Robert Murphy who we wish we had leading our club on the day!
Well done Doggies. Welcome to any Dog supporters that wish to come on this thread that is called
"GRAND FINAL- ALL COMPLAINTS, RANTS GO HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE"!

WTF!

#sobrave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back