Autopsy Grand Final 2016 - all discussion in here and nowhere else

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy's awareness was abominable even before the foot injury. When he laid off that pass in the first quarter, the signs were not good...

Did lazy s**t of the ball

Rohan chased hard all game

Compare Boyd and Tippett

I know you love rohan but he was shittier than most you bagged imo

Not that it matters

Jpk take a bow

Umpires gave them a huge leg up in first half but after half time we just were not composed second half. Dogs system was better than ours.

Umpiring was rubbish early but evened up in the second half. No excuses.

We turned up. We played well. Dogs were excellent. In the end it went their way.

If we could lose to any team in a GF, it's a team breaking a 50+ year drought. I remember 2005 when we were in the same position.

It sucks. But it leaves a much better taste than 2014 did, because the effort was there and we're in a fantastic position to challenge next year.

did you watch the game?

I know it's shattering to lose like this, but as fans I think it'd be remiss of us to overreact here.

We lose to a fairytale story - the Dogs had a miracle run, had all the momentum and nothing to lose in that contest. Sh*t happens.

At the start of the year I had us pegged at coming in at 8th (or worse) given losing Goodesy, Shaw, etc. - somehow we came out of the year with a minor premiership and a stack of talent to be developed for the future.

Heeney, Mills, Hewett, Papley, Naismith - are all going to get better and better as they mature. You look at where some other clubs are at and they'd kill to be us - a young list already competing for premierships.

We thought our premiership window would be another few years away at the start of the year. Today sucks but I'm f*cking hype for next year.

Only thing worse than the umpiring was Parker, Hannebery, Mitchell, Mills, McGlynnn and Rohan.
I disagree with the 'we turned up' sentiment, the 8 or so players that did turn up kept us in the game.
I miss those days when we were a champion team, win lose or draw.
Have to accept that some of our players don't handle the mental side of the game very well.
At least it wasn't Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, as a matter of fact, and I'm ******* gutted. But they broke our back in the second half through pure ability. We were good, we turned up, but the Dogs have been men possessed the last month and they were again today.
Nope still think you didn't watch the game

Putting aside the fact that we were reamed by the umps and that we had too many blokes auditioning for the upcoming invisible man movie, the cold, hard, sobering reality is that Horse has failed to adjust his game plan to adapt to the doggies pressure style of footy in 3 consecutive losses, where we have racked up scores of 73, 75 and 66. You cannot beat any Top 8 sides let alone the best with such a dysfunctional forward line. To also have such a drop off from last week with an extra days rest is unacceptable.

Horse needs to step up and take a substantial portion of the blame for this one.

Dumb moments in the last

Papley takes his sweet time to just kick it into the man on the mark

Then after that was lloyd in quicksand?

Even with 2 and a half to go and its done, buddy still takes his sweet time

Think we can dispell the myth mcglynn deserves a flag

I thought tippett fought back, may be in the minority

Kennedy a deadset legend, got us back into it

Parker or mitchell, let parker go and pay mitchell

Overall this year exceeded expectations but ironically almost better off failing last week in a way

well, another GF lost and we weren't quite good enough to get a free kick in hte game. Fair enough they are a good team but it reeks to me. We do need more speed thru hte guts. They were downhill skiing at the death. Grundy, Kennedy,Jack, Ramps, magnificent

Do not troll this board. Until the mods are back I'll be modding this board.

Any post that I consider trolling in the slughtest will be getting a red card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back