Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting more worried about this week. Feel if we can beat the giants il feel a lot more confident about the next week. The stingy defense with sn offense that can turn up has been our downfall before

Getting more worried about this week. Feel if we can beat the giants il feel a lot more confident about the next week. The stingy defense with sn offense that can turn up has been our downfall before
I must be the only one who doesn't really rate the Giants D. They rely heavily on the blitz to generate pressure as they only have Vernon who can create a consistent pass rush.

Not to mention we are a top 5 pass blocking team and have Rodgers under centre. If Jenkins is also out we should win.

All of them are currently listed as questionable.

Rollins will most likely be out though.

Wouldnt have thought rollins will play, looked too serious. Im not sure if people are getting in my head but im getting more and more worried about the giants.

Wouldnt have thought rollins will play, looked too serious. Im not sure if people are getting in my head but im getting more and more worried about the giants.
It's only because Eli has beaten us there in two playoff games before.

Randall was limited at practice today
Rollins is in concussion protocol
Dorleant was placed on IR for the 2nd time this season

And we just promoted a WR from the practice squad to play CB.

So we might be playing a WR in Herb and a S in Hyde at CB this weekend, At least Perry is doing good even with the club because our DL/LB's will need to do a lot to keep our CB's from being murdered.

Todays injury report

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't be doing season rankings this year. I didn't have game pass so missed a lot of matches and as a result my rankings would be based off reading a lot of stats and other people's opinions on players. Instead I'm just going to do a simple stock up, stock down. This is only for regular season obviously and won't be including rookies.

Stock Up:
Ty Montgomery - pretty simple really, transferred to RB halfway through the season and never looked back
Jared Cook - showed that with competent QB play he can still succeed at NFL level and had his head in the game, still injury prone.
LaDarius Gunter - at the start of the season he was our 4th QB and hardly expected to play instead he started 15 games and didn't disgrace himself.
Aaron Ripkowski - effectively replaced Kuhn, better athlete than Kuhn and has the trust of Rodgers/Coaches judging by how often he is used.
Lane Taylor - an above average season after replacing a top 2 guard in Sitton, not that good at run blocking.
Davante Adams - got healthy and it showed, still has drops but that was a good bounce back season, now to build on it. Has an utterly sick release at the line.
Lang/Bahk/Bulaga - all played like All-Pros in pass protection and were massive throughout the season.
HaHa Clinton-Dix - best season to date, flashed with picks but was also asked to do more with our banged up corners and succeeded.
Joe Thomas - really showed that as a 3rd down coverage linebacker he can go well.
Nick Perry - another one who was mainly healthy throughout the season and it showed as our only consistent pass rusher.

Stock Down:
Randall Cobb - isn't producing for his contract and body isn't holding up any more.
Clay Matthews - the exact same as Cobb.
Jayrone Elliott - had a chance to really grab a rotational position but fell away.
Jeff Janis - after a great finish against Arizona he broke his hand and never recovered from it. Didn't contribute as much on ST. Was overtaken in the WR race.
Datone Jones - nonentity
Don Barclay - getting worse every year. Got benched for a rookie tackle who had to play guard.
Quinten Rollins/Damarious Randall - just flat out bad this year, burnt toast bad. Both need to get healthy and while playing as CB 1 and 2 didn't help they just weren't good. Plenty of time to turn it around though.
Eddie Lacy - nonentity last year, injured this year but looked ok. Think he could form a great combo with Monty.
Richard Rodgers - was pretty bad, definitely overtaken by Cook but as a number 2 we could do worse.

Two guys who I've got no idea how to judge are JC Tretter and Corey Linsley. Tretter is an UFA this year and offers more versatility and athleticism than Linsley but Linsley is a better pass blocker. Both have shown they can start and play well at NFL level but both have had injury issues.

Burnett has had a good year, when the LB's started to get hurt we started playing more Dime and putting Burnett in a LB spot with Hyde playing the SS and when Hyde was playing CB this week Bryce was playing the SS.

Gunter has been good when its short/med routes but deep routes he can get lost, come close to a few INT's.

Current OL is holding up well. Lane has bee great the loss of Sitton has barely been felt after the first month or so. Bahk and Bulaga have continued to develop and are becoming the best OT's Rodgers has had since he only had Clifton and Toucher at the end of their time in the NFL.

Martinez was leading the team in tackles before his knee injury against Washington. made a few rookie mistakes in the first month but adjusted to NFL speed well.

Geronimo Allison has been a find at WR, the Falcons game and the past 2 weeks. All 3 games when Cobb has missed he has stepped up and played well. and will be given a new contract. He has also taken over in the depth chart from Janis

Hey Green Bay peeps. I ordered some stuff from fanatics and on top of my regular order they sent me a Green Bay jumper. I don't know any Green Bay fans so I thought I'd offer it here to see if anyone wants to buy it. Cost $90 US on the site so I'll sell it $70 and that includes shipping in the price. Jumper size is Large. If interested just PM me and we'll organise a paypal. I have run this by Blacky who gave his thumbs up.

Attachments

• IMG20170106182907-780x1040.jpg
    IMG20170106182907-780x1040.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG20170106182921-780x1040.jpg
    IMG20170106182921-780x1040.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 6
Hey Green Bay peeps. I ordered some stuff from fanatics and on top of my regular order they sent me a Green Bay jumper. I don't know any Green Bay fans so I thought I'd offer it here to see if anyone wants to buy it. Cost $90 US on the site so I'll sell it $70 and that includes shipping in the price. Jumper size is Large. If interested just PM me and we'll organise a paypal. I have run this by Blacky who gave his thumbs up.

Is the cat included in the package?

Geeze that was sweet.

Also I know I bang on about McCarthy not being a good HC but * me if he hasn't done a complete 180 and has got this team back on track. 7 wins on the trot, 8th consecutive playoff appearance. He deserves a hell of a lot of credit. More than what I give him.

and to think thisweek some fans [not here] were talking about trading Cobb.

Nelson prob wont practice this week, which is good gives Allison a full week with the 1s. and if Nelson cant play, Allison will be ready.

I think Montgomery will only practice once.

Martinez should be ok. I think i saw something from a beat writer saying he was walking on the sideline. just being kept out of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back