Greens Sexual Misconduct Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Demosthenes

Premiership Player
Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surprised not to see a thread about this.

An ABC 7:30 investigation into sexual assault and harassment complaints in NSW, ACT and Victoria has prompted questions about the Greens processes for handling allegations.

It's blown up a bit and there is noise about it triggering mass resignations from the party rank and file (who knows how genuine).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-03/young-greens-resign-in-disgust-over-partys-failings/10069348

Not the first time the Greens have been caught out as lacking robust governance processes. Perhaps shows that they still haven't really got to grips with their growth over the last 20 years. For what is now a pretty big party, it's not run as professionally as it should be.

Hopefully a wake-up call to other organisations - good intentions need to be backed up by good processes.

I mentioned this in the David Leyonhjelm thread..

SHY's legal action will now look more and more like the publicity ego driven act that it is.

Here we have some actual people in distress who were failed by the Greens, not receiving any support, and on the other hand we have a Greens Senator trying to make a real world issue of few banter style exchanges

We are seeing something unprecedented(?) here. From what I understand members of the Greens are resigning in disgust at the filth that permeates their party.

Also demonstrates what people have to accept to be part of a political party in today’s sham-democracy landscape, ruled by filth and corruption. If members of any other party had any decency they would resign from the deplorable behaviour and corruption at the heart of their political party.

As they are not resigning we are witnessing a demonstration of their character.

We are seeing something unprecedented(?) here. From what I understand members of the Greens are resigning in disgust at the filth that permeates their party.

Also demonstrates what people have to accept to be part of a political party in today’s sham-democracy landscape, ruled by filth and corruption. If members of any other party had any decency they would resign from the deplorable behaviour and corruption at the heart of their political party.

It takes courage and heroism to stand up to the filth and corruption gripping Australia’s so-called-Democracy.

These brave souls have done a very decent thing by quitting their party in disgust; in a rare case of heroism.

They will receive no medals of honour by the filthy establishment but I’m going to recognise their heroic deed right here on The BigFooty Forum by awarding them with the unprecedented

Inaugural RupieDupie Medal of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.*+

*If they rejoin as members I reserve the right to strip them of their Medal
+As a graduate of Guru School it was bestowed upon me the power to bestow upon others R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Like the Nat party women who knew about Joyce's alleged bad behaviour at functions and covered it up?

Given the amount of filth, corruption and fraud we know about, if you start writing a list about what party members (let alone ministers) know about, and you’d use all the available server space for the BigFooty website.​

That’s a bit harsh. I think plenty of members of both the Labor and Liberal parties have major issues with their party’s leadership, and part of their ongoing involvement is in order to make that change, similar to how the members of British Labour were able to change their party’s direction with the ascendance of Corbyn.

That’s a bit harsh. I think plenty of members of both the Labor and Liberal parties have major issues with their party’s leadership, and part of their ongoing involvement is in order to make that change, similar to how the members of British Labour were able to change their party’s direction with the ascendance of Corbyn.

Harsh reality, but when do they start saying “no”?

Surprised not to see a thread about this.

An ABC 7:30 investigation into sexual assault and harassment complaints in NSW, ACT and Victoria has prompted questions about the Greens processes for handling allegations.

It's blown up a bit and there is noise about it triggering mass resignations from the party rank and file (who knows how genuine).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-03/young-greens-resign-in-disgust-over-partys-failings/10069348

Not the first time the Greens have been caught out as lacking robust governance processes. Perhaps shows that they still haven't really got to grips with their growth over the last 20 years. For what is now a pretty big party, it's not run as professionally as it should be.

Hopefully a wake-up call to other organisations - good intentions need to be backed up by good processes.

Perhaps Greens voters might want to stop and think who are the power brokers/ caucus of the greens.

They might get a surprise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's politicaly incorrect to talk about.
Where are the usual lefty thread cloggers taking the self moral high ground sinking the boot in to an accused
Virtue signallers who are complete hypocrites? I'm shocked to be sitting here.
Rightwingers who are complete hypocrites, and have little grasp of real life, replying to a news story with political buzzwords? I'm shocked to be sitting here.

#PlayTheVictim

What does "grab inappropriately" mean?

Serious question, it's worded incredibly vaguely. It's implied that it's sexual but then that would be sexual harassment using that type of language.

Last edited:
Perhaps Greens voters might want to stop and think who are the power brokers/ caucus of the greens.

They might get a surprise

Keep your poor man's Andrew Forrest gob shut for once. "They might get a surprise", no - they aren't surprised. Like nobody here is surprised by your endless supply of vague allusions to fake insight.

Keep your poor man's Andrew Forrest gob shut for once. "They might get a surprise", no - they aren't surprised. Like nobody here is surprised by your endless supply of vague allusions to fake insight.

nice deflection or having trouble concentrating?

anyway, back to the greens

The surprise might be in the same bag as the Ludlum rumour. Remember that one?:p

Hippie dudes are notorious sex pests, everyone knows that. If you ever want to get a rapey vibe, go to Rainbow Serpent and find the oldest dreadlocked guy giving away free mushrooms.
You're saying that you've done this???

And you're somehow thinking that 'hippies' wouldn't mention to each other if someone was a sex pest? Notoriously shy, are they? In your mind?
lol, as opposed to those who have lived their entire life at taxpayers expense like so many labor mps?
Hey dumby, you're getting your false narratives mixed up. Remember you hate unions? The ones that employ so many Labor MPs? Feel free to edit your original dull comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back