Alan Jones accused of multiple sexual assaults

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t wait for the news to break that “The Lack of Cred” has visited Holland to learn about dykes.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The Sydney Morning Herald has outlined some of the background to the Alan Jones sexual assault story which makes it clear that they are more than prepared to defend any defamation action that Jones chooses to mount

This 4000-word investigation has taken years to come to light – it includes claims that go back several years. McClymont spent months and months talking to the alleged victims and key figures involved in this story, and then, working with investigations editor Michael Evans, checking what they said, cross-referencing with other people’s claims and collecting background documentation and evidence.

We sat down on Monday morning in a meeting of the most senior editorial staff and our legal team to map out the final steps before we could press publish.

Our final action in such an investigation is to go to the person involved and give them ample time and opportunity to comment. And so we sent a series of questions to Jones and his legal representatives and waited for a response on Wednesday afternoon

When it came, at 1.46pm on Wednesday, Jones denied all the claims. His lawyer, Mark O’Brien, also attempted to discredit McClymont personally and advised us if we published they would commence defamation action against us

Based on this response we included his denials, both in headlines and extensively in the text. We had one final meeting of senior editorial and legal staff and agreed it was time to go

These stories start thanks to the bravery of the alleged victims involved, who were willing to freely tell their stories, relive their pain and subject themselves to the intense emotion and potential trauma of going public. We couldn’t do what we do without them, and we salute them and hope our investigation brings them some comfort and relief

If required there can be no doubt that SMH is ready to go to trial to defend the accuracy and integrity of their report and the journalist who conducted the investigation.

Edit: Also in todays SMH:

Last edited:
Would have thought the Crime Board.

img_6114.gif

I can understand some conservatives being uncomfortable linking allegations of sexual assault with his politics but is influential role in the Australian political landscape is undeniable.

'Alan Jones is considered the ‘king’ of breakfast radio in Australia. There is a widespread belief amongst Australia’s political elites that Jones can decide elections.'

This from Wikipedia:

'Jones has been a participant in national debates for some decades. A former candidate for Liberal Party of Australia preselection, and former adviser to Liberal Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser, Jones is a noted supporter of conservative politics in Australia. He has nonetheless at different times criticised or joined forces with Australian politicians from across the party-political spectrum to lobby for political causes.'

His views on race based politics and in inciting racial hatred across the community in the lead up to the Cronulla riots is well documented:

I always have a laugh at the obsession of those who want to discuss the location of topics instead of the content of the topic - especially if it's political in nature. It's as if they want to hide the subject from view because of the uncomfortable truths it brings bubbling back to the surface.
The ability to decide elections is a bit much.
Like John Laws he's a horrible Sydney twat.
Nobody in Vic ever listened to him

The ability to decide elections is a bit much.
Like John Laws he's a horrible Sydney twat.
Nobody in Vic ever listened to him
John Howard was a Prime Minister from Sydney.
Jones pissed in Howard's pocket for years and dragged out the deplorable Howard Prime Ministership for ten years too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Howard was a Prime Minister from Sydney.
Jones pissed in Howard's pocket for years and dragged out the deplorable Howard Prime Ministership for ten years too long.
Howard's 'Battlers' narrative promoted by Jones is what shifted a string of seats in western Sydney from red to blue in the 1996 election and gave birth to the myth of him and his coalition government representing the ordinary Australian.

At that time Alan Jones' audience share in the Sydney market was up to 22%, giving him the largest radio audience in Sydney, and, including his transmissions into regional and interstate markets, possibly the largest radio audience in Australia.

Jones direct role in winning back a swag of NSW and Qld outer metro seats for Howard - some of which have never moved away from the coalition is why Howard still calls Jones one of his closest friends.

The defence has started and its not easy to guess who are at it. I know a few of them literally have skeletons in the closet for stuff like domestic violence and harassment.

And having a media personality who lost his job last year for literally not understanding untoward behaviour sticking up for him is some icing. GAzfWv_akAAZ-Rr.jpeg

The defence has started and its not easy to guess who are at it. I know a few of them literally have skeletons in the closet for stuff like domestic violence and harassment.

And having a media personality who lost his job last year for literally not understanding untoward behaviour sticking up for him is some icing.View attachment 1868745

Now to be fair to Howard (as odd as such a sentence sounds from my mouth) it is a very straight bat.
Jones is a friend of his (undeniable)
I don't know anything about the matters.

So not denying them, or calling the accuser a liar (compared to Credlin and Smith who to me take it further)

Some well researched information that just calls absolute BS that any of his defenders could possibly have been ignorant of his behavior.

It’s the abomination of hypocrisy that so called conservatives who would be happy to put the boot into a drag queen who reads books to children go to the wall for filth like Jones & Pell because they’re powerful.

I have some sympathy for Jones having to be in the closet for his sexuality due to the time & place he grew up in but his alleged behavior is classic predatory grooming.

And if it’s true his current partner is in his 20’s it shows he’s learnt nothing.

imagine if alan jones was on the list of '28'* bill herffernan had in mind when he used parliamentary privilege to allege the following :drunk:

*FTR: heffernan has since walked this claim back - not that the current crop of unhinged Qookers are interested lol

And having a media personality who lost his job last year for literally not understanding untoward behaviour sticking up for him is some icing.View attachment 1868745
Howard's support is actually a bit restrained, doesn't say it can't be true. Just he knows nothing.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Sydney Morning Herald has outlined some of the background to the Alan Jones sexual assault story which makes it clear that they are more than prepared to defend any defamation action that Jones chooses to mount

This 4000-word investigation has taken years to come to light – it includes claims that go back several years. McClymont spent months and months talking to the alleged victims and key figures involved in this story, and then, working with investigations editor Michael Evans, checking what they said, cross-referencing with other people’s claims and collecting background documentation and evidence.

We sat down on Monday morning in a meeting of the most senior editorial staff and our legal team to map out the final steps before we could press publish.

Our final action in such an investigation is to go to the person involved and give them ample time and opportunity to comment. And so we sent a series of questions to Jones and his legal representatives and waited for a response on Wednesday afternoon

When it came, at 1.46pm on Wednesday, Jones denied all the claims. His lawyer, Mark O’Brien, also attempted to discredit McClymont personally and advised us if we published they would commence defamation action against us

Based on this response we included his denials, both in headlines and extensively in the text. We had one final meeting of senior editorial and legal staff and agreed it was time to go

These stories start thanks to the bravery of the alleged victims involved, who were willing to freely tell their stories, relive their pain and subject themselves to the intense emotion and potential trauma of going public. We couldn’t do what we do without them, and we salute them and hope our investigation brings them some comfort and relief

If required there can be no doubt that SMH is ready to go to trial to defend the accuracy and integrity of their report and the journalist who conducted the investigation.

Edit: Also in todays SMH:

That story would have gone through the lawyers and every single T was crossed and every I was dotted.

I did read it was a 3 year investigative piece. You can bet your bottom dollar they're not gone half cocked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back