Alan Jones accused of multiple sexual assaults

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he's a political operator of the Liberal party.

I can understand some conservatives being uncomfortable linking allegations of sexual assault with his politics but is influential role in the Australian political landscape is undeniable.

'Alan Jones is considered the ‘king’ of breakfast radio in Australia. There is a widespread belief amongst Australia’s political elites that Jones can decide elections.'

This from Wikipedia:

'Jones has been a participant in national debates for some decades. A former candidate for Liberal Party of Australia preselection, and former adviser to Liberal Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser, Jones is a noted supporter of conservative politics in Australia. He has nonetheless at different times criticised or joined forces with Australian politicians from across the party-political spectrum to lobby for political causes.'

His views on race based politics and in inciting racial hatred across the community in the lead up to the Cronulla riots is well documented:

I always have a laugh at the obsession of those who want to discuss the location of topics instead of the content of the topic - especially if it's political in nature. It's as if they want to hide the subject from view because of the uncomfortable truths it brings bubbling back to the surface.

Last edited:
I'm always reminded of Norm when this stuff comes out.
"The worst part is the hypocrisy".
"I don't think that's the worst part".

Famous people water aka gettin away with it.

Let's hope not.

I can understand some conservatives being uncomfortable linking allegations of sexual assault with his politics but is influential role in the Australian political landscape is undeniable.

'Alan Jones is considered the ‘king’ of breakfast radio in Australia. There is a widespread belief amongst Australia’s political elites that Jones can decide elections.'

This from Wikipedia:

'Jones has been a participant in national debates for some decades. A former candidate for Liberal Party of Australia preselection, and former adviser to Liberal Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser, Jones is a noted supporter of conservative politics in Australia. He has nonetheless at different times criticised or joined forces with Australian politicians from across the party-political spectrum to lobby for political causes.'

His views on race based politics and in inciting racial hatred across the community in the lead up to the Cronulla riots is well documented:

I always have a laugh at the obsession of those who want to discuss the location of topics instead of the content of the topic - especially if it's political in nature. It's as if they want to hide the subject from view because of the uncomfortable truths it brings bubbling back to the surface.
Seems to me that he’s doing a Hamish and editing he’s own wiki page or getting one of his “boys” to do it. It’s going to be more interesting watching the hangers on take sides here, Hadley has already declared his hand, Fordham will be interesting having followed him in

Media probably a fair place imo
I'd say it's in the right place, Alan Jones has been one of the most influential people in Australia for nearly half a century and he hasn't been shy about exercising that influence. If these allegations are proven it wouldn't be unfair to question those who've enjoyed has patronage over the years about what they knew about them.

This from Wikipedia:

Lock him up!

“It is time to take action to stop them from talking,” said the freedom of speech absolutist, “luckily I have one of top lawyers that people associate with defamation lawsuits.

Christian Porter has reportedly already begun work organising a blind trust for Jones. A fund Kerry Stokes has recommended the Channel 7 board invest in.

Dutton has reportedly already offered his services to help Jones find random unemployed people to add to the suit over tweets with a few likes, claiming they are the ones with the real power in this country. Meanwhile Lachlan Murdoch has offered to try and attack any small independent news sites that mention the allegations, leading to far more people seeing the allegations.

Last edited:
I'd say it's in the right place, Alan Jones has been one of the most influential people in Australia for nearly half a century and he hasn't been shy about exercising that influence. If these allegations are proven it wouldn't be unfair to question those who've enjoyed has patronage over the years about what they knew about them.
Perhaps though could easily say that they knew nothing without collaborative evidence that places them at the same spot in time.

And I’d say in most of those circles it was widely known that he was sone sort of tamp - the word has been around for 25 years that he was a known visitor to “The Wall” - power and control, power and control

Remove this Banner Ad

Back