Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

All the best SoS

Horace similar removal in 2020 in the middle of Covid. 8 stitches for a 2cm slice and she went parallel. It was pretty sore that night but the pain went away with strong pain killers.

Took about 2 weeks to have the stitches removed

4 years on can’t see a scar whereas arm and legs have chunks missing and scars

Skin cancer is the pits and that nitrous frozen gun that freezes them off is painful as well especially on your face

Damn you 1970’s factor 5 sunscreen

TF for zinc cream though

For ages my printer has been making some horrible grinding noises, but was otherwise working ok. A few weeks ago it started to jam, but if I removed the stuck paper it would work ok for a few days. But naturally, that worsened until app print attempts jammed up.

I had previously pulled it apart and also searched on the web for solutions. A lot of sites reported that Oki colour laser printers will fail this way and a couple advised of how a complete tear down could potentially fix the fault.

Anyway, today I pulled the guts out of it (again) and I was certain I found the part that was making the noise, which was also where the jam was happening. Nowhere near where the Reddit experts claimed Okis always fail.

I dismantled the conveyor mechanical as much as I could, and eventually discovered a small fragment of plastic stuck inside under the belt. After removing it and finding where it came from, I super glued it back into place (I also glued my fingers together).

Printer reassembled and fingers unstuck, the test... Result was no more grinding sound and perfect printout.

I may still need to buy a replacement conveyor mech but at least I know that is the faulty part.

Now for the grumpy part... Guts op on Tuesday. Pathology report is ok but will find out more next week.
Hope it goes well today.

What does "spit roast" mean? In medical terminology.
spit GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was the Vegan badge.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I signed up for the free NBN fibre upgrade.

NBN installer refused to run the fibre to the upstairs room when I want it (my LAN room). Well, technically he said he would do it but he wanted to run about 15m of conduit up and across the exterior of my house. I told him that wasn't happening so he threw me 20m of terminated fibre and said do it yourself - then cancelled the job.

I have booked a registered cable installer. Quote to do the job properly is $800

Or I could stay on FTTC

Damn. I will do the upgrade.

I thought it was the Vegan badge.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I signed up for the free NBN fibre upgrade.

NBN installer refused to run the fibre to the upstairs room when I want it (my LAN room). Well, technically he said he would do it but he wanted to run about 15m of conduit up and across the exterior of my house. I told him that wasn't happening so he threw me 20m of terminated fibre and said do it yourself - then cancelled the job.

I have booked a registered cable installer. Quote to do the job properly is $800

Or I could stay on FTTC

Damn. I will do the upgrade.

I did it in January and they turned up mumbling doubts about completing the job

Nekminit finished in 20 minutes and completed

Two days later the big T switched the button and it’s been at 110mbps download since

Has it changed my life here?

Not at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back