Portfolio Guernsey Designs (by madman)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Madman's Guernseys

well yes, but not only that, the preview is horrible, they're all pixelated. it's kind of an insult to my profession when people claim to be designers and use paint. it's like me prentending to be a musician and record music on garageband.

What's your opinion on Paint.NET?

So how did you end up working for Adidas (Training,etc)?

guess i had a certain design style/portfolio they were looking for. applied for the job and was lucky enough to get it. yeah i'm in training/performance side of the business for asia.

What's your opinion on Paint.NET?
to be honest liam.. if you're not using industry standard design software you probably shouldn't be designing. adobe package ( illustrator, photoshop, indesign, flash, after effects). i understand people can't sometimes afford the design software as it's very expensive (2000-3000) depending on what package you buy. i encourage people to design, but not using paint or word or powerpoint to create.

Yeah I understand fully, as it's a bit of an insult to people who do it for a living. Canterbury use Illustrator, Corel Draw, Macromedia Freehand and so on. I have Illustrator on my laptop, formerly Dad's, do you reckon I'll be able to do anything with Smeagle's templates using it?

if you know how to use illustrator, just import smeagle's template and then trace over the top of it. yeah i've tried corel draw and macromedia freehand but they don't compare or come close to illustrator.

I use paint because it cost money to get Photoshop, and its a waste of money for me when there is a good program like Paint.

Exactly.

Except paint is not a good program.

You can not compare the people on here to designers, most of them want to just show their ideas off, not end up in a career in design. That's the wonderful thing about football guernseys in comparison to logos, website, poster design, etc. Idea is everything, execution means very little to me on this website. Yes it looks better but a crap guernsey is a crap guernsey. A good one is a good one, whether it's pixelated or not.

Now, if they want to end up designing, they should definitely be learning more complex programs. But I doubt many of the people on here have those goals.

I've only ever been on here for a bit of fun, some friendly discussion and some ideas as to what my guernseys are thought of.
Even though designing is fun, I don't have any goals on becoming a professional designer at all - and you don't need to. The people who don't mind can use Paint, and the professional designers can use Photoshop/whatever.

each to their own i guess. you shouldn't be using photoshop to create vector graphic respresentations of guernseys. photoshop is for non vector related graphics.

And then for vectors you would be using something like Illustrator? :confused:
I tried Inkscape a couple of years back but didn't really grasp the concept.

each to their own i guess. you shouldn't be using photoshop to create vector graphic respresentations of guernseys. photoshop is for non vector related graphics.

Funny that photoshop supply the tools to create vector graphics then. I know the difference between photoshop and illustrator so get off your high horse. This forum is filled by enthusiasts, not designers, so using paint and photoshop in the wrong sense isn't really an issue. They are showing off their ideas, similar to that of the initial sketch process. Not an actual finished design that will go into production.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well yes, but not only that, the preview is horrible, they're all pixelated. it's kind of an insult to my profession when people claim to be designers and use paint. it's like me prentending to be a musician and record music on garageband.
mate, were just football jumper designers and like creating and working on footy jumpers. we dont put it on our cv or anything soo just relax

Remove this Banner Ad

Back