Official Team Thread Gumbies FFC Season 24 Team Thread - Congratulations Fryer Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1: Royals v Gumbies
Written by SM

Well, not the start to the season we were hoping for, but it was good to get the rust out and get used to the new teammates running around. SM and Quivorir starred in the first quarter, the latter with three goals to set the tone for the match. Blacky got off the chains somewhat in the second quarter, keeping the Royals in the match, but we fought well, keeping pace with the Royals heading into Half Time.

New recruit Uncle_Leo got our first of the second half, and his first in Gumbies colours, but the Royals crept the margin out to 15 points, before back to back goals from Quivorir who was enjoying a day out, brought the margin back to just 3 points. 2121 on debut then gave us the lead with a well taken goal after two bounces. Misses from SM and GWBogan threatened to derail our purple patch, but a late goal from another new recruit, Fryer Tuck, gave us a deserved 11 point lead heading into the last.

With the first of the last, the lead stretched to 17 points, and a win looked likely, but it wasn’t to be as a number of Royals, including snake Willo, helped the Royals kick away to an 8 point lead. Manboob ensured it would be a tense finish by helping get the margin back to 1 point, and a second goal moments later helped to keep pace with the Royals. A third was beyond his grasp though, and would ultimately see us fail to overturn the Royals, as they kicked the last of the match for a 9 point victory.

Gumby of the Week
Written by Fryer Tuck

It wouldn’t be called the Quivorir Cup if the big man himself didn’t put in a performance, showing everyone that the name once held some value. He did so with some serious style!

1 13.08 {lHFF} - 06Premiers trying to offer a lead.
1 : 13.13 {lHFF} - 06Premiers is caught under pressure and knocks the ball forward.
1 : 13.15 {lHFF} - 06Premiers takes them on.
1 : 13.21 {rHFF} - Passes to 2121 by hand.
1 : 13.27 {FF} - He involves Quivorir in the play.
1 : 13.29 {FF} - Quivorir screws it round his body.
1 : 13.29 {FF} - That's one of those special goals. Number 1 for Quivorir.

His performance earning the ire of the Royals skipper:

**** you Quivorir you potato

The shootout between Blacky and Quiv being a metaphor for the game itself as the Royal fans were shocked and appalled that this big lug was mauling Marlowe and were about to witness their skipper’s nuts about to become a bloody puree by Noobz0r.

However, the coach decided to do something gutsy when the Gumbies were 17 up in the final quarter, he switched manboob in for Quiv in the hopes of shoring things up at the back. Unfortunately, that move is likely the move that lost the game for the Gumbies, and robbed Noobz0r the chance to shatter Blacky’s Jewels with his fist.

With 14 touches, 6 marks, 2 tackles, and kicking 6.1, and was winning the duel of the FF prior to the move, Quiv takes home Gumby of the Week.

Not the greatest result to start the season ads but we did fight tooth and nail into the death which is always a positive.

Time to bounce back today and get the job done against the Wonders.

#GumbyLife

0 posts, 31 disposals

A lot of posts, 8 disposals

Well I know my strategy this week!

Kidding! Back at our true home ground, The (mighty) House of Gumby! Wouldn't miss it for the world!

I know that feeling, something like 70-80 posts and only got 8 touches in the midfield...

Mind you, from the stats of the first two games I may need to apologize to the simming fraternity.

0 posts, 31 disposals

A lot of posts, 8 disposals

Well I know my strategy this week!

Kidding! Back at our true home ground, The (mighty) House of Gumby! Wouldn't miss it for the world!

And I give no shits about this week and end up with solo play of the game where I shark the tap and kick an 80m torp. :thumbsu:

Sim's a bit predictable though, certainly killed the game with the wall of text that was the third quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gumbies FFC Season 24 Stats (Round 2 update)

upload_2017-8-14_10-33-10.png

Pretty slow start from the Gumbies so far in Season 24. The only way is up boys!

After a decent outing in Round 1, we had a very ugly game from both sides in Round 2 v the Wonders.
This terrible game brought down everyone's stats, but still our fearless leader Noobz0r & ruck god Fryer Tuck are leading the way brilliantly. Also a strong start to the season from other experienced campaigners SM & Quivorir.
And no, I did not write campaigners, I wrote campaigners.

Special shout-out to GWBogan for a memorable performance in Round 2. A frees against to kicks ratio of 3, for a Dreamteam score of -3. Well done you beautiful bogan.

That's all for now, I'll be back next week for another stats update. Feel free to hit me up on PM for anything else you'd like to see from me moving forward.

But until then stay hard & stay hungry Gumbies.

06P.

View attachment 403484

Pretty slow start from the Gumbies so far in Season 24. The only way is up boys!

After a decent outing in Round 1, we had a very ugly game from both sides in Round 2 v the Wonders.
This terrible game brought down everyone's stats, but still our fearless leader Noobz0r & ruck god Fryer Tuck are leading the way brilliantly. Also a strong start to the season from other experienced campaigners SM & Quivorir.

Special shout-out to GWBogan for a memorable performance in Round 2. A frees against to kicks ratio of 3, for a Dreamteam score of -3. Well done you beautiful bogan.

That's all for now, I'll be back next week for another stats update. Feel free to hit me up on PM for anything else you'd like to see from me moving forward.

06P.
Love your work mate :thumbsu:

View attachment 403484

06P.

Great stuff mate! Leadership potential already on show.

The only way is up, you're right about that, and our luck with the SIM is surely due a change for the better.

View attachment 403484

06P.

Tackle numbers seem low, is this regular in the qootyverse, and have I used that term correctly, or have we been poor?

Tackle numbers seem low, is this regular in the qootyverse, and have I used that term correctly, or have we been poor?

I think similar to my terrible real-life team, we are heavy into corralling.

Can't give away frees or get suspended if you don't tackle.
reece.JPG

View attachment 403484

06P.

Very nice mate! Keep up the good work! Would be interesting to see how this evolves over the season!

View attachment 403484

06P.

Top work.

I think similar to my terrible real-life team, we are heavy into corralling.

Can't give away frees or get suspended if you don't tackle.
reece.JPG

Speak for yourself.

I have 1 effort, if that fails I call for the deck chair & martini.

Round 2: Wonders v Gumbies
Written by SM

Well.. a second game and a second loss, this one even more disappointing than the first as we never really led during the game, other than after SM grabbed the first goal of the match. The conditions meant that it was well and truly a slog all day, reflected in low disposal numbers across the board, although the goals were regular in the first quarter. After SM grabbed the first, The City Boyz and NSWCROW were able to add to our total just before quarter time to give us a 3 point deficit to catch up.

A slim lead was regained when Uncle Leo got his first for the match, but that was snuffed out quickly as the Wonders piled on three in reply. It was a see-sawing affair in the second though, and the goal kicking belied the bad conditions as The City Boyz and Uncle Leo both grabbed their second of the match before StFly gave Gumbies everywhere hope of a big comeback by clawing us back to within two points shortly before Half Time, but a Wonders goal after the siren had them relatively comfortable heading into the main break.

Fryer Tuck was dominating in the ruck and his service was being gobbled up by SM sharking his taps, however the conditions finally settled in in the third quarter with no goal materializing until the 19th minute, at which point Quivorir was able to grab his first for the match and bring us back within a one goal margin of the lead. Only one more goal for the quarter materialized, but unfortunately it fell the way of the Wonders.

06Premiers ensured the game was going to go down to the wire with a goal bringing us within a point of the Wonders early in the last, and Fryer Tuck continued to dominate the ruck with a sublime display. Our defence seemingly crumbled from that point on however as the Wonders ran about seemingly unopposed, putting on several goals to blow the lead out. Fryer Tuck had a blemish on his record late as a chance to get us within striking distance missed the mark, and despite a late goal for Uncle Leo, it wasn’t to be with the Wonders running out relatively comfortable 17 point winners.

Gumby of the Week
Written by Fryer Tuck

Fitting for a team like the Wonders, it was a very muddy and dirty encounter for the Gumbies. Unfortunately, many of them lost to their fellow man in the tough tussle. (It is rumoured a Westerly Monsoon was responsible for the match delay.)

You could make argument that maybe one of SM, Noobz0r, or my good self could take the honours, but the truth of the matter is that we surely couldn't. We were bested by our direct opponents, even if we were the so called best of the worst.

I’m going for the best performance combined with beating their man. It was a close one, manboob kept his opponent relatively silent, and had respectable stats that could be compared to the leadership group, taking 11 touches. However, his teammates were not quite equal to the tasks he set up for them, and that did lead to a couple of goals after winning possession. It didn’t help that it seemed like the umpire didn’t want to give the poor sod anything (apparently one Nakia had quite the influence on the umpires).

So for his performance from the pocket, Gumby of the Week goes to Uncle_Leo, who provided one of the very few highlights of the game:

2 : 1.58 {FB} - Running with the ball is BallaratBulldog.
2 : 2.05 {rBP} - That came off the outside of the boot.
2 : 2.11 {rBP} - Uncle_Leo takes one of the best marks you'll ever see.
2 : 2.19 {lFP} - Uncle_Leo with the ball now.
2 : 2.21 - <<< JT_the_Man is coming on to replace TheBeardAmigos >>>
2 : 2.34 {lFP} - Nobody's checking Uncle_Leo.
2 : 2.4 {lFP} - Uncle_Leo bounces the ball.
2 : 2.46 {lFP} - Uncle_Leo's eyes light up - he fires at goal.
2 : 2.52 {lFP} - And he doesn't disappoint us.
West Coast Wonders : 3.3.21
Gumbies FFC : 4.0.24

What makes it even more noteworthy is that Leo absolutely cleaned up a legend in the notorious ClarkeM, who was left a performance as bad as his presence in the match thread; virtually non-existent.

The crackajack pocket is the only one that can hold his head up high (manboob too). Contributing a quarter of your team’s goals with just 4 kicks, taking a spectacular 2 marks, and ruthlessly dominating his more infamous opponent, kicking 3.1 in the tough tussle.

Well done Uncle_Leo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back