guys that aren't up to AFL level

Remove this Banner Ad

That discussion about Cox says “depth” to me, which is a very handy thing to have. Critical even. Our preferred 6 KPPs are significantly ahead of him and Cox seems to have plateaued (a harsh assessment in the current circumstances). They just aren’t available often enough.
Not sure you can call a 22yo KPP on a plateau. He'd be a long way off his peak I would think.

I was surprised to hear that Matera, Darcy are trained by
Gerard the guy from love island.
May have been off season, but
You would think the club would want a say in everything fitness?
Or stick to certain programs.
Does the club sign off on this?
I just thought with the coin spent at Cockburn we would have in-house.

Not sure you can call a 22yo KPP on a plateau. He'd be a long way off his peak I would think.
my comment is more that I don’t see significant improvement or development from previous years.

By now he should be challenging for a best 22 position but I don’t think he is. With our preferred best 22 in place I would prefer an injury to a KPD to be covered by the likes of Hughes or Duman, or Ryan shifting roles (all of whom show developmental progress). With KPF I prefer McCarthy or a more mobile medium player. The only preferred situation I have for Cox with a single injury is if either Darcy or Lobb are injured. And that’s not because he is decent in the ruck, he just seems the most willing.

I don’t have a line through Cox. For now he is good depth. But if we did recruit any of DGB or Macdonald they will be fast tracked.

I was surprised to hear that Matera, Darcy are trained by
Gerard the guy from love island.
May have been off season, but
You would think the club would want a say in everything fitness?
Or stick to certain programs.
Does the club sign off on this?
I just thought with the coin spent at Cockburn we would have in-house.
They are all given programs in house. My understanding is the players association has an agreement on how many sessions clubs can get players to do and if players want to do extra they can use the club program but do it in their own time and by themselves.

I'm a bit worried about Cox. He shows some good signs and I REALLY hope he makes it.

He will be 22 next month so has plenty of time. But I get a bit nervous when the ball goes his way.

I'm quoting myself here, but I'm sorry Brennan. You have proven me wrong and I'm glad. Hope you have a long and successful career at Fremantle.

Disagree with Wilson and Banfield but am just about ready to add Ethan Hughes to that list.

In the spirit of admitting our mistakes (as per the previous poster), Ethan Hughes doesn't deserve to be on the 'aren't up to it' list. Has been really good in our undermanned defence these past six weeks. The courage has never been in doubt but now the decision making and disposal is mainly good. Can't wait to see you a part of success at this club, Ethan.

Another 10 games into Taylor Duman. What do you guys think?

looks like he could be a Ridley or lukosius type but not actually sure what his strengths are?

Can he intercept mark, is he a go to kicker? Can he play on a key forward?

I’ve got him in a very deep keeper league and trying to work out whether I should keep him for future seasons.just not sure where he fits in,

looks like he could be a Ridley or lukosius type but not actually sure what his strengths are?

I’ve got him in a very deep keeper league and trying to work out whether I should keep him for future seasons.just not sure where he fits in,

Unlikely to be best 22 when we get more players back next year.

Decent mark, decent kick but no eye catching strengths.

He’s been good as part of a team defence. Lacks a little composure at times, but overall has been very solid.
Unfortunately once Logue, Young, Pearce & Hamling get back along with continued development of Watson, plus Hill still has a year to run, he’s going to struggle to get a game I think.

Duman will stay in the team as a depth guy for years to come I reckon, definitely a guy who can slot in quite easily for a few weeks because of injury to the backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back