GWS crowds are too big

Remove this Banner Ad

To make money. 350 people in the rooms and bars around the stadium would mean fu** all to the players on the field.
If that's the case, the Giants don't need the money and it won't be a big deal if the AFL rejects this proposal.

But I personally have much more faith in your football club and think that every extra dollar will, in one way or another, be spent to ensure optimal on-field performance.

If that's the case, the Giants don't need the money and it won't be a big deal if the AFL rejects this proposal.

But I personally have much more faith in your football club and think that every extra dollar will, in one way or another, be spent to ensure optimal on-field performance.

We don’t? This must be a new development, did we get bought by a billionaire?

Isn’t the main opposition to us in the AFL is we cost the AFL?

Lol that last paragraph, what garbage.

We don’t? This must be a new development, did we get bought by a billionaire?

Isn’t the main opposition to us in the AFL is we cost the AFL?
Of course the club needs money and of course its ability to bring in revenue impacts on-field performance. Foolish to suggest otherwise (which is what you did).

Lol that last paragraph, what garbage.
Ah no, you're very confused and irrationally defensive. It was a simple statement that is true of every AFL club.

Of course the club needs money and of course its ability to bring in revenue impacts on-field performance. Foolish to suggest otherwise (which is what you did).

Ah no, you're very confused and irrationally defensive. It was a simple statement that is true of every AFL club.

More money coming in impacts how much we get from the AFL, we want to have less and end up self sufficient.

Foolish? No. Defensive?

More money coming in impacts how much we get from the AFL, we want to have less and end up self sufficient.

Foolish? No. Defensive?
Money which, according to you, isn't spent on football operations. I'm curious what you think GWS spends money on then, if it isn't ultimately in pursuit of on-field success. Feel free to use big boy words, don't need the smiley faces.

Money which, according to you, isn't spent on football operations. I'm curious what you think GWS spends money on then, if it isn't ultimately in pursuit of on-field success. Feel free to use big boy words, don't need the smiley faces.

Keep being a condescending Schmuck and I will use whatever smiley face I want.

If you don’t get the idea of wanting to make more money outside of AFL handoffs (thereby shrinking the AFL handout) then I can’t help you.

It’s not how much these 350 are paying on the day it’s probably the millions their companies spend between them on sponsorships ect. They have to try keep them happy and let them “network” which what they are really in it for.

Keep being a condescending Schmuck and I will use whatever smiley face I want.

If you don’t get the idea of wanting to make more money outside of AFL handoffs (thereby shrinking the AFL handout) then I can’t help you.
I'm truly heartbroken that you've misunderstood every post I've made in this thread. There is no insinuated disapproval of the Giants wanting to make more money here. Just don't lie by saying that money "would mean fu** all to the players on the field".

I'm truly heartbroken that you've misunderstood every post I've made in this thread. There is no insinuated disapproval of the Giants wanting to make more money here. Just don't lie by saying that money "would mean fu** all to the players on the field".

There seems to be some wires crossed here.

I’m not lying. What competitive advantage does it bring to have 350 people in the restaurants and bars for the game against North? Zip. It doesn’t make it a home ground advantage.

Does it bring money it that’ll help and benefit the club? Yes 100% but if thats what clubs from down south are complaining about why has the MCC gift dollars passed?
Why does it look like the AFL will match it for the Marvel clubs?
Why is the AFL defending these deals for clubs to get outside funding while saying it may be an unfair advantage to us?

It’s not how much these 350 are paying on the day it’s probably the millions their companies spend between them on sponsorships ect. They have to try keep them happy and let them “network” which what they are really in it for.

Yeah, i'd expect it's more about maintaining good relations with their sponsors than specifically money earned on the day.

But let's say in WA they allow crowds in September (as an example). I didn't imagine the AFL would even think to disallow it until now. I would have assumed that it would be cause for celebration at the AFL that they can re-engage with their fans in some capacity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There seems to be some wires crossed here.

I’m not lying. What competitive advantage does it bring to have 350 people in the restaurants and bars for the game against North? Zip. It doesn’t make it a home ground advantage.

Does it bring money it that’ll help and benefit the club? Yes 100% but if thats what clubs from down south are complaining about why has the MCC gift dollars passed?
Why does it look like the AFL will match it for the Marvel clubs?
Why is the AFL defending these deals for clubs to get outside funding while saying it may be an unfair advantage to us?
Having revenue streams which other clubs can't access is a competitive advantage, and an unfair one. There's no way to tap dance around that, nor is such an attempt necessary. I return to my original point: this competition (and every sporting competition ever) is built on balancing one unfair advantage with another, like the MCC-Marvel example you've brought up. That is why the AFL didn't flatly reject this proposal (from what I've read), but there are wider ramifications to be rightly concerned about and it's not such a straightforward issue.

Having revenue streams which other clubs can't access is a competitive advantage, and an unfair one. There's no way to tap dance around that, nor is such an attempt necessary. I return to my original point: this competition (and every sporting competition ever) is built on balancing one unfair advantage with another, like the MCC-Marvel example you've brought up. That is why the AFL didn't flatly reject this proposal (from what I've read), but there are wider ramifications to be rightly concerned about and it's not such a straightforward issue.

What garbage. It is not an unfair advantage.

No more than the 3rd party deals available to heartland clubs the frontier states don’t have is.

Are we going to now cancel all 3rd party deals because it can’t be fair?
Are we capping all crowds at 10k for fairness?

Please.

What garbage. It is not an unfair advantage.

No more than the 3rd party deals available to heartland clubs the frontier states don’t have is.
Guess what, both are unfair advantages. I return to my original point: this competition (and every sporting competition ever) is built on balancing one unfair advantage with another.

Competitive advantage is bull.

I do however have a problem with letting one group (corporates) in while excluding the regular fans.
Exactly if they let regular fans in the gate I wouldn’t really have a problem with it have a lucky draw pick 350 members something like that buts it’s extremely disrespectful from gws to there regular fans to promote it as corporates only also I don’t think gws fans can complain to much about vic bias since entering the comp they have been extremely well looked after buy the afl have been given a number of benefits that most clubs don’t get which is fine but I think its a bit rich them complaining of unfair treatment after what they have been given!

The AFL and its clubs need every dollar they can get right now. It's stupid to turn down 350 paying corporate punters just because some other club in another state can't have it.
Yeah I realise 350 people might not seem a big deal but a line needs to be drawn somewhere for fairness to the rest of the clubs if the Victorian government came out and said 30,000 could attend games right now would you be ok with it just because it brought revenue in for those clubs I highly doubt it was a decision the afl had to make!

Exactly if they let regular fans in the gate I wouldn’t really have a problem with it have a lucky draw pick 350 members something like that buts it’s extremely disrespectful from gws to there regular fans to promote it as corporates only also I don’t think gws fans can complain to much about vic bias since entering the comp they have been extremely well looked after buy the afl have been given a number of benefits that most clubs don’t get which is fine but I think its a bit rich them complaining of unfair treatment after what they have been given!

What absolute rot.

Yeah I realise 350 people might not seem a big deal but a line needs to be drawn somewhere for fairness to the rest of the clubs if the Victorian government came out and said 30,000 could attend games right now would you be ok with it just because it brought revenue in for those clubs I highly doubt it was a decision the afl had to make!

Soooo the money given to the Victorian clubs is ok though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back