GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney Celtics :thumbsu:

I really like that for a number of reasons - it has only "Sydney" as the team , "Celtics" runs off the tongue and has an impact , GWS can own the colour green and pick up a handy ready made following .

However , I'm against that , basically it's be like Port Adelaide with a higher than usual uptake at the start then unable to expand because they are in a narrow identity band .

I really like that for a number of reasons - it has only "Sydney" as the team , "Celtics" runs off the tongue and has an impact , GWS can own the colour green and pick up a handy ready made following .

However , I'm against that , basically it's be like Port Adelaide with a higher than usual uptake at the start then unable to expand because they are in a narrow identity band .

Plus the whole Port Power/Port Magpies debate will PALE in comparison to the supporter wars over Cell-tic or Kell-tic

Woops. There it is!

Boo I wanted HOODS!

LAME if true.

Celtic? have you people BEEN to GWS???? ffs

may have to reconsider rolling over my ACT4GWS pledge into a membership if it is that the GWS team will be so boringly named.

how big are these giants anyway? are we talking Norse or Greek mythos variety giants (about the size of Sandilands), or Jolly Green Giants (can have a giant bong emblem which will gather support from across the GWS region thats for sure, even from untapped market of non-sports fan bongheads)

or even bigger, like, say the size of their salary cap and other concessions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gws.png

gwslogo.png

That's a reason I don't like Giants .
Railways , Towners , Whalers anything but Giants
If you're thinking Spartans then Sydney Olympics is the obvious choice .

That is an impressive jumper design, but considering they'll be in direct competition with the Swans, I doubt they'll be using white or red on their strip.. They wouldn't want to have the same colours as the Bulldogs or Kangaroos either.

GWS - Giants of Western Sydney. Like the mighty ducks of anaheim. Don't really care if it is, actually quite like giants as long as jumper and logo are good.

It's the sort of name that when you first hear you feel a little robbed and find it a little ordinary, but after a few years it starts to grow on you, and you couldn't imagine it any other way.

As with the Suns (I was actually always a fan of the name) it's starting to grow on people and even the uniform is starting to grow on me also.

Just as long as they get the uniform right with this side and a good looking logo. Very important to get that right especially the colors.

I've seen "New South Whalers" a couple of times and whilst its obviously not a traditional name it kinda sticks in your head! I can see the masoct in my head...it's a Japanese "research scientist" with a harpoon! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back