Event Hall of Fame Inductions

Remove this Banner Ad

If you read one "TL;DR" post by me this season, make it this one.

The SFA Hall of Fame was established in season 13 with 6 inaugural inductees. When the Hall of Fame was created, it was decided that the SFA would induct 2 players per season. Later, it was decided that some players would become "immortals" within the Hall of Fame at a ratio no greater than 1:5. The Hall of Fame recognises a mixture of both playing, posting and services to the league.

The SFA Committee has discussed the Hall of Fame in depth and has decided to induct 2 esteemed players to Hall of Fame status. The positions have been open following Season 18. The SFA Committee has decided not to elevate a current Hall of Fame member to immortal status following Season 18. The Committee is in discussions regarding potential future changes to the inductions, including potentially limiting the number of inductees to 1 per season over the next 1-3 seasons.

Existing Hall of Fame:

boncer34 (HoF S13, Immortal S16)
Mobbenfuhrer (HoF S13, Immortal S16)
Fred (HoF S13)
Ljp86 (HoF S13)
Deestroy (HoF S13)
EKA (HoF S13)
rfctigerarmy (HoF S14)
dougthelegend (HoF S14)
Wally (HoF S15)
Pie 4 Life (HoF S15)
Broken (HoF S16)
Tarkyn_24 (HoF S16)
Itsmyshow (HoF S17)
ClarkeM (HoF S17)

Season 18 Inductee - Frankston Rover

At the end of Season 18, Frankston Rover had played 135 games of qooty despite a lengthy absence. Frankston Rover's second coming has most certainly ensured his legacy in this competition. His career really can be split into two phases.

Phase 1: The Admin. FR began his career way back in Season 6 with the Koalas. He was a renowned turncoat, playing for the Koalas, Sharks, Dragons and Hawks.

Season 7 was perhaps FR's most notorious. He took over the league at its most volatile. Before the high activity levels and relative stability of today, the league was still in its formative stages. At this stage, there was no committee and the admin/simmer role was one and the same. FR was the league administrator for one season which was season 7. It probably felt like an eternity. The Koalas and Titans folded. The Sharks and AFL All-Stars were added to the competition. The Wonders changed their name.

FR was at the centre of one of the league's greatest storylines. FR was administrator, simmer and the captain of his side, the Sharks. During finals, his Sharks defeated the Roys. However, FR was forced to penalise his own team (and especially himself as captain) a 5 goal penalty for late team submission. The Sharks would lose that game as a result of the penalty and go out in straight sets.

Frankston Rover was responsible for creating a detailed set of rules and procedures in an early attempt to create stability and a reference for future leaders.

FR was involved in the competition before "falling out of love with the game" and retiring by Season 12.

Phase 2: The expansion leader. FR ensured his legacy recently by returning to the league in Season 17 and leading an expansion bid, the Coney Island Warriors. The Warriors were a very difficult bid to get over the line. FR dedicated a great deal of time and thought in both recruiting and advertising his new team. His submissions were detailed and thorough. He re-announced himself to the league and had ongoing communication with the league, the committee and the admin in the lead-up to the Warriors' admission. The Warriors' entrance reached a hurdle when the committee voted 5-5 for their admission to the league, with the administrator making the final decision to allow FR's team a spot in the competition. As captain, FR has asserted himself as one of the best current posters in the SFA and has built a stable club on the improve. He attracted some good posters to this board in the process.

FR rates his best memories of the league as his time as administrator, winning a flag and being involved in the creation and development of two clubs (Sharks, Warriors). His worst memories were the late team submission discussed above along with his hiatus between seasons 12-17.

Favourite posters:
" boncer34 has done a great job. Back in S7-9, the league was still very volatile and it’s now so much better run. Credit to him. He was also a much better poster back then too...

Back in the day, guys like Deestroy, Wally and eagleskickass I certainly respected. I had a few run-ins with Ljp86 but he did a power of work with the Dragons and they certainly wouldn’t be here today without him. I also worked with Mobbenfuhrer closely at times and he is a fantastic fella.

Today there’s too many to mention. Guys who are captains of clubs, do media or stats or are genuinely funny all add to the league.

If you add to the league, you have my respect."

Final Word:
"I now leave you plebs and join the Hall of Fame family where I get to be more of a self serving w@nker than I am as a captain. Fetch me my slippers, minions."

Season 18 Inductee - croweater 41

At the end of Season 18, Crowie had knocked up 200 games and 307 goals. His time in this league has been successful. Crowie is a 3-time premiership player and a premiership captain. He was the first ever EKA medallist. 5-times All-SFA. He is a Wonders man through and through. He has played the 3rd most games in their history and kicked the 2nd most goals in their history. He has won their best and fairest award. He has won their goal kicking award 4 times.

Crowie is a legend of one of the league's biggest clubs.

Crowie began his career in Season 9. He has played ever since, though wasn't an active contributor in Seasons 15 or 16. Luckily for himself and the league, he returned to post from Season 17 and reminded us all what he could contribute.

Crowie's favourite memories in his time in the SFA are, of course, the premierships. But his EKA medal and his induction into the Hall of Fame today are also very happy times for CE41. He does have some regrets. 2 losing grand finals and a hiatus without any mention of his absence were certainly things he would change if he could.

CE41 is glad that "ClarkeM no longer has anything over me" but more seriously, he is happy to be "recognised by the internet as being a name that was lucky enough to have a few good game spat out by the sim. I thank you all peers."

Favourite Posters:
" boncer34 when he was the real Boncer. Not this powderpuff thing you have now.

There were also the likes of Biggie and Wally who I never wanted to cross paths back in my early days.

One from the wonders I like was postmanpav I always thought he was a good poster until he went missing.

Another is Sausageroll. The 200 game rookie."

Final Word:
"Congratulations to the other inductee in FR. It’s now time to sit back and sip on some scotch and smoke some cigars."

The SFA Committee extends their congratulations to our two worthy nominees. Frankston Rover and croweater 41 sit comfortably among their peers in the SFA Hall of Fame as its Season 18 Inductees.

Last edited:
Go to hell, you old bastards.

Ramones_Simpsons.jpg

See OP. We've decided not to this season.
I only read the relevant bits. You're kidding yourself if I, or anybody else, actually reads all of your mumbo-jumbo. Good work.

However being so, it is the right time now to reduce the inductees to just one per season or else we are going to start having to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

I only read the relevant bits. You're kidding yourself if I, or anybody else, actually reads all of your mumbo-jumbo. Good work.

However being so, it is the right time now to reduce the inductees to just one per season or else we are going to start having to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
Or back yourself in to sign good posters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This discussion is already being had. great minds think a like and all.

We are discussing a range of options.

For a while I have supported the eventual need to reduce the number of inductees per season.

The options are to leave it as is and was intended/Reduce it to 1 per season/Make decisions each season about whether to induct 1 or 2. The other question is when all of this happens.

My vision at the moment is basically that next season, if nothing changes, we will induct 2 members for Season 19. That will leave us with 18 inductees over 19 seasons of SFA qootball. Now that sounds about right to me. If it goes that way, I'd be keen to make the change to 1 per season thereafter. That way we always have 1 less member than seasons played.

It's an interesting discussion at the moment.

What is the average career of a player?

Reducing your inductions could miss a chance at someone.
Then they don't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

This discussion is already being had. great minds think a like and all.
Yep. Was brought up around two seasons ago I think. Feel as if it's the right time to implement it now though.

We are discussing a range of options.

For a while I have supported the eventual need to reduce the number of inductees per season.

The options are to leave it as is and was intended/Reduce it to 1 per season/Make decisions each season about whether to induct 1 or 2. The other question is when all of this happens.

My vision at the moment is basically that next season, if nothing changes, we will induct 2 members for Season 19. That will leave us with 18 inductees over 19 seasons of SFA qootball. Now that sounds about right to me. If it goes that way, I'd be keen to make the change to 1 per season thereafter. That way we always have 1 less member than seasons played.

It's an interesting discussion at the moment.
:thumbsu:

What is the average career of a player?

Reducing your inductions could miss a chance at someone.
Really?

The Hall of Fame is on the complete other end of the spectrum to a participation award.

Congrats Frankston Rover and croweater 41

As a fellow Hall of Famer, I must give you the heads up on the initiation ceremony. It consists of:

- The Leap of Faith
- Crossing the Desert
- The Unblinking Eye
- The Wreck of Hesperus
- The Paddling of the Swollen Ass ... with Paddles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back