Hawks miles in front (yes, we have more great news!!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

slinky

Rookie
Dec 27, 2001
Melbourne
Other Teams
Hawthorn
More and more good news is coming in for us. here's the article from the herald sun:
THE sun was shining, the fans were cheering and the Hawks were strutting their stuff. But this wasn't the MCG. Instead it was 20km from the city in the eastern suburbs -- at an athletics meeting.

Hawthorn fitness coach Bohdan Babijczuk ensured it wasn't all fun and games as he put his charges through a short, intense workout at Duncan McKinnon Reserve in Murrumbeena.

''Babs'' kept a close eye on the senior squad as he timed most of them in 800m races.

Captain Shane Crawford was impressive, clocking 1min 58sec.

He was a lot happier than one night last week when he finished a 1500m race in 4min 21sec. Disgusted with his effort, he jogged around the outside of the fence during one minute's recovery time and came back to run 4min 56sec.

''I'm miles ahead (in fitness) of where I was last year,'' Crawford said last night.

Three years ago Babijczuk registered the Hawks as members of the Glenhuntly Athletics Club and was happy with the way his boys performed on the track.

''We're better than we've been in other years for sure. This is probably the best shape we've been in,'' Babijczuk said.

''We've been building year by year and the boys are mature enough athletes to know how to go about things.''

Hey Slinky I was down there with my friend who goes for the hawks today and the boys were looking verry good and speaking to someone that works at the club they were saying that the boys havent looked this good for a long time.

yep they sure are, they are looking the fittest they have been at this time in years :) thats a very good thing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back