Hawthorn kick up a stink, get Showdown's slated Friday fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who gives a s**t if they were original clubs - it is a national competition. When will you brain dead posters realise that!
Probably the same time some 'brain dead posters' realize that two teams that finished last seasons home and away season in the top 4 should be getting the prime time game over two teams that finished bottom 4 last season.

Probably the same time some 'brain dead posters' realize that two teams that finished last seasons home and away season in the top 4 should be getting the prime time game over two teams that finished bottom 4 last season.
winners need to be givers.... they need to be astronomical at lettng people gravitate to the lesser lem0n...

travelling weekly as i see it.. ;)

time heals all wounds... level traffic around the area is working miracles... you get me... i hope so... ?":

Parasitic: Poaching players from other clubs each year rather than developing your own.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Port Adelaide push Wingard (if this whom you are referring to) out the door, rather than being 'poached' by Hawthorn, whom its agreed gave you very fair trade value for him (if not slight overs) ?

The Hawks have also had key personal from their coaching and fitness staff 'poached' over the years. Really wish my club had been as well run as The Hawks have been since Ian Dicker took over as President (which was the genesis of their 21st century on-field success).

And although i would love to see a showdown on a friday night, i don't think its a stretch to say Hawks v Pies will rate higher, nationally on FTA than Power v Crows in the same timeslot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawks have also had key personal from their coaching and fitness staff 'poached' over the years.
Yeah that would be right, Hawks whinging about having back room staff poached.

After all its not like they signed up Alastair Clarkson and Andrew Russell while they were in the middle of a finals campaign for their previous club.

Parasitic: Poaching players from other clubs each year rather than developing your own.

It’s the circle of life

Hawthorn pay taxes that go to Port Adelaide to remain solvent, Port finish lower on the ladder (more seasons than not), pick up talented kids, develop them and sell them to Hawthorn (as the Hawks development farm)

This practice has been happening for years and years. Just without clearance fees. Welcome to the real world

I hate it when people say that footy is a business.

If footy was a business both showdowns would be Friday night locks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back