Hawthorn may emerge as the new frontrunner for Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much confirmed Geelong now. All those Geelong retirings will make way.

I reckon they will slide further.

Pretty much confirmed Geelong now. All those Geelong retirings will make way.

I reckon they will slide further.

Stokes, Kelly, maybe Johnson, Enright then Bartel to retire. Will be interesting to see how they go, especially with the Hawks approaching a similar type scenario.

If they grab Danger; they will have Selwood, Duncan and the emerging Cam Guthrie going through the midfield. Not too bad a start on the midfield regeneration.

Stokes, Kelly, maybe Johnson, Enright then Bartel to retire. Will be interesting to see how they go, especially with the Hawks approaching a similar type scenario.

If they grab Danger; they will have Selwood, Duncan and the emerging Cam Guthrie going through the midfield. Not too bad a start on the midfield regeneration.
Cats problem for the last couple of years has been the second key forward to help Tomahawk. Mitch Clarke didnt work this year....Lachie Henderson may next year

That back line is getting hammered though.

Good mids, but they will leak

Still think we need the big body of Paddy. It is hard to believe that a footballer with the obvious competitive urges of this lad would accept the clear lack of any prospect of finals action in his footy lifetime by heading down to the cattery. They are a great club now completely buggered for the foreseeable future. Frankly if he does go there, then he is not the bloke we wanted. We want players hungry for flags, not the convenience of a short drive to Moggs Creek.

Still think we need the big body of Paddy. It is hard to believe that a footballer with the obvious competitive urges of this lad would accept the clear lack of any prospect of finals action in his footy lifetime by heading down to the cattery. They are a great club now completely buggered for the foreseeable future. Frankly if he does go there, then he is not the bloke we wanted. We want players hungry for flags, not the convenience of a short drive to Moggs Creek.
Exactly. We want people who want to be here because they want success.

They can have Paddy. Apparently the Hawks are into Bennell. I know all the talk is Treloar to Collingwood but I would love him in the brown and gold.
Not sure about Bennel

Chequered past, and just not big enough. He is 15 kg lighter than Paddy, and what we need is a replacement for our big bodied mids who are over 30 and in their twilight.

Still think we need the big body of Paddy. It is hard to believe that a footballer with the obvious competitive urges of this lad would accept the clear lack of any prospect of finals action in his footy lifetime by heading down to the cattery. They are a great club now completely buggered for the foreseeable future. Frankly if he does go there, then he is not the bloke we wanted. We want players hungry for flags, not the convenience of a short drive to Moggs Creek, and a hugh payday. One ex plays in Sin City for exactly that reason.

On a side note, I wonder how Danger and Duckwood will get on.
?

Sure, solid midfield. But not even as good as the one Dangerfield is leaving. Geelong's forward line is nowhere near as dangerous as Adelaide's and Geelong's defence is suspect.

Geelong won't play finals next year with or without Dangerfield. They are doing the right thing moving the veterans on and it will help them regenerate quicker but they are a couple years off. Dangerfield will be leaving a finals side on the improve for a non-finals side in decline. That is his choice.

If Dangerfield wants money he will go to Geelong as they will have plenty of room now. If he wants success he will go to Hawthorn. Adelaide are virtually conceding that he is gone so rather than just lose him as a restricted free agent with only a first round compensation pick (currently pick 8 I think) they would surely entertain trading him for something better. What would Hawthorn then offer if they are in the market to trump Geelong? First round selection plus next years' first round pick and possibly a player or two. A trade can only proceed if the player agrees to go to the club. If he then chose Hawthorn and a trade was done he would have to fit into the pay structure at the Hawks rather than get what he is worth in the inflated open market.

He may be from Moggs Creek but has not indicated he is planning to move back to the town, just to be closer to it which may be a Melbourne suburb just as well. Lake lives in Caroline Springs and gets to Waverley with no issues.

It will all come down to where he wants to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy with just one of the good midfielders mentioned in this thread - not fussed which one - so long as they want to play for us and the club reckons they are a good fit

I have complete faith in the club.

At the end of 2007 Carlton gave up Josh Kennedy, pick 3 & pick 20 and $1m a year to secure Chris Judd. Meanwhile at the end of 2010 Hawthorn quietly secured Shaun Burgoyne with a couple of late first round picks.

The Hawks have a pretty good track record of finding great talent without giving up the farm. For that reason the Hawks will attract a gun, but unlikely Paddy Dangerfield.

I have complete faith in the club.

At the end of 2007 Carlton gave up Josh Kennedy, pick 3 & pick 20 and $1m a year to secure Chris Judd. Meanwhile at the end of 2010 Hawthorn quietly secured Shaun Burgoyne with a couple of late first round picks.

The Hawks have a pretty good track record of finding great talent without giving up the farm. For that reason the Hawks will attract a gun, but unlikely Paddy Dangerfield.
Heard from a good source that Chad Wingard is going to the Hawks. He is contracted to Port for 2016 but the source indicated that the contract would be "paid out", whatever that means. Mentioned huge figures that he would be paid at Hawthorn. Is he the big gun that you are getting next year or will it be in 2017?? Any Hawkers heard this one?

I read on the AFL page that Selwood is wishing to stay with West Coast?

Heard from a good source that Chad Wingard is going to the Hawks. He is contracted to Port for 2016 but the source indicated that the contract would be "paid out", whatever that means. Mentioned huge figures that he would be paid at Hawthorn. Is he the big gun that you are getting next year or will it be in 2017?? Any Hawkers heard this one?

There was a whisper about it the other week. No idea what the Hawks would have to give up to make something like that happen a year early - it would be huge. Wingard is years off free agency and the Hawks already have about 300 small forwards.

It does not make sense to me to be honest - sell the farm for another small forward (even considering how good he is) :confused:

We recently saw Hodgey make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Last edited:
Would love Chad in our colors but not on the 1mill a year bullshit! No one is worth that much. Can't see it happening but the scuttlebutt is definitely true and has raised fair amount of eyebrows across the AFL media who are in the know.

Chad rotates through the middle like Breust and Rioli. But I cant see it in 2016. 2017 maybe.

But he shafted GWS so why would he leave?

Seems like some trolling by Crows fans as a counter to all the Dangers fun.

All I know is we will get a big name this year. We will get a big name next year. And a big name the year after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back