Preview Hawthorne vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 04/08/18 @ 1.45PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad I probably won't be able to watch this one as I'll be in hospital after surgery. I hope the boys give me a big win to get excited about.

Hawks are on the ropes. Plus last time they caught us playing our 3rd game in 11 days or whatever during our losing streak. This time our team is playing bloody good footy and they will be coming off a 6 day break coming back from Perth. Its a real case of swings and roundabouts and they are about to cop a serious roundabout.

This is without a doubt the most important game of the year. We haven't had a year where we've failed to beat all four of Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorne and Richmond since 1973. Lose this and it's a failed season, cos we ain't beating Richmond

cos we ain't beating Richmond
tenor.gif

Big game. I think this'll be a tight one.
Hawthorn will be coming off a 6 day break from Perth. I can see us running away with it in the second half if we make the most of our chances.
Hopefully we'll also address our entries inside 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Lanford, Dea (both injured)
IN: Laverde, McNeice

Francis Hurley McGrath
McKenna Hooker Saad
Zakka Myers Parish
Tippa Brown Smith
Baguley Stringer Fantasia

Bellcho Heppell Z.Merrett

Bench from: Goddard Guelfi Laverde McNeice

OUT: Lanford, Dea (both injured)
IN: Laverde, McNeice

Francis Hurley McGrath
McKenna Hooker Saad
Zakka Myers Parish
Tippa Brown Smith
Baguley Stringer Fantasia

Bellcho Heppell Z.Merrett

Bench from: Goddard Guelfi Laverde McNeice
I’d be very surprised if smith didn’t get a week given the song and dance about Howe.

Yes but Howe broke someone's leg while Smith didn't do anything. He could get a week for potential to do serious injury though.

Not like Parker was anywhere near full speed though. Selwood’s was more dangerous and he didn’t get week off. Think Dev will get a fine

For me it'd be something like

Out: Dea (conc), Langford (shoulder), Smith (if susp)
In: Stewart (lacked another tall), Laverde, Long

Yeah I think Langford will miss and I hope it is just one week. Felt sick when it looked like he was motioning to his neck while laying face down on ground

Hawks have the short turnaround but this is a genuinely tough game.

Our MCG form has been scratchy all year & they beat us fairly convincingly after Half Time in our last meeting. At Etihad? We would probably be favourites.

Our form is very good and we can win this, but I expect the Hawks to beat the Dockers in Perth tomorrow and come into this game in very good form themselves.

After playing around with the ladder predictor, we're going to finish 9th on percentage with 13 wins, behind Sydney and Port Adelaide. We'd finish 8th if we beat Port in the final round by 10 goals. We need a big percentage boost here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back