Preview Hawthorne vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 04/08/18 @ 1.45PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ who gives a s**t about ****wit Mitchell. He's a piece of s**t, always has been. He is currently not involved with Hawthorn in any way so it's not important.

Theres a game today and Sam Mitchell is as irrelevant now as he has ever been.

Not sure if Sam Mitchell past player thread or actual Esse v Hawks game day thread...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He’s hawk scum so relevant to thread.

Anyway we’ll win. No McEvoy and Sicily will hurt them badly. So much has changed for us since last met, reckon that third quarter was worst we’ve played all year.

The ridiculous handballing, the hopeful useless punts forward, that saw Sicily take 14 marks.

The signs of a clearful injured Joey D and how it was hurting us on both sides. The lack of midfield pressure.

It was like it was a different era. Biggest worry is that wasteful inside 50s that we’ve had last two weeks. Hawks will punish us far more than Dockers or Swans did.

Interesting to hear Woosha say last week he was very close to moving Hooker or Francis forward in the second half. With Hawks forwards can’t see Hooker being moved if we struggle again and we are so much better with Hookesy back, so we may see Francis moved forward. Hopefully no need for it.

Gees if we’re taking dirty hits..Derm on Vanda, Dipper on Stoneham, Robertson on our Timmy.....that..that...bastard!

I'm pretty sure that if the 84 Grand final was adjudicated under modern tribunal rules, neither team would have made the 85 grand final due to most of their best 22's being suspended for half a season

Let’s all remember, this is a team that knocked out Tim Watson.....Timmy! That’s like beating bambi with a club. Shocking organisation

I was a kid then and took me ages to dry the tears from the front of my duffle coat, even damaged one of the badges, Tony Buhagiar, who ironically was dropped for that very game.

I remember following year at school we had a ‘monster week’ and you had to draw a picture of a well known monster, I drew a picture of Colin Robertson in No. 32 guernsey.

Last edited:
As has been said, regardless of whether we make finals or not, I am proud of the growth the boys have shown since being down 2-6. I am especially proud of our leaders (Heppell, Hurley and Merrett) who were pretty poor, to say the least, at the start of the year, but have led by example the last 10 weeks.

We bring the same effort the last 10 weeks and we will dispatch of these goons. * Hawthorne, they sicken me more than any other team except that running joke from Princes Park

Mitchell is a freaking liar. He apologised the Monday after the game saying that he sincerely apologises for his inappropriate injecting action. Then comes out in his book as though he is a hero representing all AFL players. This is bullsh#t. Majority of other players felt for Dons players.

This is so typical Hawthorn. Had the unfortunate experience of sitting amongst their supporters one day when they played us. Supporters barrack, but their supporters are obnoxious. They have an incredible hatred of Essendon that goes beyond belief.

Hawthorn believes Essendon doesn't like it physical. And Dons will capitulate if Hawks slam Essendon soft targets (guys like Zaka, Myers etc). I reckon almost all teams are of the same soft opinion, particularly Richmond.

Time to stand up Bombers. It will be a glorious win if we can crush these haters. If we are going to make and win finals we need to earn respect on the physicality front.

I had a dream we won by a point but it was something stupid like 6.30 to 6.29. s**t from both sides basically and woke up frustrated

When you boil it down it really is. You get upset at his face. You’re triggered. Best thing is to not give a **** what he says.

but DJ, that ******* face!

SWbH5G.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird's comments (and I've heard the podcast and can't quite tell how serious he was being) are just an unnecessary distraction. Every media outlet is going to pick up on it and put it out there for public consumption and probable (and deserved) ridicule.

This club needs to focus on winning its remaining games, not looking past that at all. And even then finals aren't 100% guaranteed. The talk of flags is just ridiculous and will likely be replayed at the first sign of failure. Our list doesn't need that.

Save the grandiose statements to delusional supporters on social media.

This statement applies to both clubs today, and the one that plsys hard tough relentless fooy will more than likely take the four points. I expect those only interested in a repeat of the line-in-the-sand game could be disappointed.

Hawthorn believes Essendon doesn't like it physical. And Dons will capitulate if Hawks slam Essendon soft targets (guys like Zaka, Myers etc). I reckon almost all teams are of the same soft opinion, particularly Richmond.

Ask the Swans about that. They came out 'hard' last Friday. Didn't help them in the end, won't help the Hawks either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back