Competitions Health and fitness

Remove this Banner Ad

I did 32k at Lysterfield this morning, finished just after 10, was absolutely cooked, car said 30 deg. Could barely put one foot in front of the other. If the Two Bays race is hot I am f…..d
You've got to acclimatise to running in the heat. We just haven't had enough warm weather to do it yet.

I've done two bays a few times and fortunately haven't had proper hot weather. The course has a fair bit of shade. The first year I did it I was pretty cooked by the last aid station and a volunteer hit me with a big sponge of ice water down the back of the neck (by surprise) while i was refilling my drink bottle. If you're doing the 28 you'll be finished well before 10. If you're doing the 56.. um .. hope for cool weather. They will postpone the race to the following week if it's very hot but I don't think yesterday would have qualified.

I think they play during our offseason so you could potentially do it without missing a season
Yeah they play during the summer, I’ve been watching prime & Mitch robbo.

Although I don’t think prime is playing there anymore he signed for Wangaratta 🤔

He’s signed for Wang Rovers. Sounds like a character:

View attachment 1567456
Yeah I watched his video where he revealed it lol

Ages ago he also made a video where he was exclusively doing fitness content and it was either Brisbane or GC who were gonna sign him but didn’t because of it - that’s what he said lol.

You've got to acclimatise to running in the heat. We just haven't had enough warm weather to do it yet.

I've done two bays a few times and fortunately haven't had proper hot weather. The course has a fair bit of shade. The first year I did it I was pretty cooked by the last aid station and a volunteer hit me with a big sponge of ice water down the back of the neck (by surprise) while i was refilling my drink bottle. If you're doing the 28 you'll be finished well before 10. If you're doing the 56.. um .. hope for cool weather. They will postpone the race to the following week if it's very hot but I don't think yesterday would have qualified.
in for the 56, my 8th time at TB I think. Yeah agree, need a fair bit more acclimatisation.. Melb weather isnt helping

Last edited:
Ffs

Didn’t make the side, asked him for what the feedback he has was and he’ll give me a ring, next side is picked in January for the next game.
Ahhh no, keep working hard 💪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ffs

Didn’t make the side, asked him for what the feedback he has was and he’ll give me a ring, next side is picked in January for the next game.
There are always things you can do to improve and if you're honest (and even harsh)) with yourself you'll already know what they are.

There are always things you can do to improve and if you're honest (and even harsh)) with yourself you'll already know what they are.
Yep, always harsh on myself, it’s part of the reason I’ve got to this point, I just know exactly what I need to do.

But also getting feedback from them will be handy.

I've been going hard as * lately after recovering from some health issues and a back injury. Getting to the gym four times a week before work and been one of the few to actually turn up to do pre-pre-season training sessions. Running has felt really good and I'm keen for a big year. First session of real training this week, excited to see how I go.

Upper body sesh was fooked tonight, maybe just cause I don’t pay attention to it lol.

Training was good, conditioning was a MAS type so continuous interval running for 8mins x2, that was fooked.

Was split into 2 groups and my group was mainly more the VFL girls so it was more good to train against them. Did pretty well.

Spoke to the coach after the session and she said I’m doing really well. I was picking her brain in one of the i50 hot spot drills. I’ve heard that the VFLW (not sure about the VFL) are bringing in a rule where they need to have more under 22s

Don't think I want to put the body through another season of footy at this stage. Semi-retirement for now.

Have my eyes set on doing my first marathon in April next year. Only problem being I'll be getting married and going on a honeymoon 5 weeks out from it. 😬

Holy fook conditioning tonight was fooked.

I like the way they seperate the groups though by 2k time lol

It was 30 second on 30 off but your 2k time dictated the length of the sprint.

I Deadass was gonna vom vom

I've been going hard as * lately after recovering from some health issues and a back injury. Getting to the gym four times a week before work and been one of the few to actually turn up to do pre-pre-season training sessions. Running has felt really good and I'm keen for a big year. First session of real training this week, excited to see how I go.
I did my first ever 2km time trial tonight. 9:58, not an incredible result but I thought I couldn't run 5 min kilometres so I was happy to run two sub 5s back to back and was quite a bit in front of the guys coming last. I didn't know you weren't supposed to cruise from the start so I'll likely be able to beat my time when we come back in January.

See how I feel in the morning because it is supposed to be a 7am legs session. I should be asleep right now but I'm too pumped up from a good night running around with the boys.

I did my first ever 2km time trial tonight. 9:58, not an incredible result but I thought I couldn't run 5 min kilometres so I was happy to run two sub 5s back to back and was quite a bit in front of the guys coming last. I didn't know you weren't supposed to cruise from the start so I'll likely be able to beat my time when we come back in January.

See how I feel in the morning because it is supposed to be a 7am legs session. I should be asleep right now but I'm too pumped up from a good night running around with the boys.
Omg twinning bestie same time I did last week 🫶🫶🫶🫶 GOOD JOB!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back