Autopsy Hecking Heck - Walyalup defeat Euro-Yroke by 12 Scoring Shots at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Awful game to sit through but I feel better about it after a few hours reflection.

Lot to like about Voss. He's actually pretty good with the ball on the ground and makes good decisions. If he could kick straight he's more than handy. I think with Treacy and Amiss it makes a pretty decent forward line and play Jackson as an on baller with stints drifting forward. Still think he could make an awesome winger.

Chappy was bloody brilliant. Getting back to the levels he established before injury. No idea what his ceiling can be. Has so many attributes - strong overhead, reads it well, good decision maker, good kick, good pace of the mark and evasion. I'd love to see him tried further up the ground. Put him in Walters spot for a couple of weeks and see what he's got.

Walker was bloody excellent too. Really starting to look comfortable at the level now and getting rid of the brain fades. He's elite in traffic with his pace and starting to take the game on more and more. Love it.

As others have mentioned Draper has really dropped off after a decent start to his career. Time to give Davies a try or go smaller and bring Wagner or Worner back.

Wouldn't be averse to giving Simpson another crack too. With Freddy out and Walters cooked we need to try something to get some pace and energy into the forward mix. Hell I'd give Erasmus a game as a forward over Sonny at the moment. He's giving us nothing.

Sonny will come back. It's not over yet.
How was Jom tonight.
If he could play like that every week.

Fyfe looks done.
I would like to see Brodie in for fyfe.
Maybe he is carrying some injuries.

Tell me why Fyfe only takes two steps in his goal kicking routine then leans backwards? How has not anyone put him thru a proper 10-15 step routine if not like Ben Brown at least like Chris Mayne?

Its simply poor coaching to see that set routine.

Same with Nev. No need to change the whole thing but its obvious to blind freddy that hes lost too much momentum, running too close to the mark and he has a totally different arc when kicking from 45m or more. He runs out to the side and swings his leg across his body, to get more distance as a result of his poor momentum.

Whos our kicking coach?
Why is Pav not asked to go down there and sort this stuff out?

Its not rocket surgery
With Amiss I noticed this as well in the set shots he took with his left foot. At the end of his run ( walk) up he swerves slightly to the right which must be dragging his left foot right causing the ball to go right instead of straight.

Voss has been playing his role perfectly as a replacement for Tabs. The one thing that surprised me about him is how clean he is in traffic. It's also impressive how many looks at goal he gets every game. If Voss can fix his kicking he can actually be a genuine forward for us.

Yes our winger has been amazing.

But a forward has to do more than get possession , kicking straight is equally important.

I agree mostly but if we could of swapped Walters amd Emmet for two young dynamic players it would look a lot better

But I still can’t understand why you pay so
Much for a guy to just be your back up ruck.
We've won a few games we would have lost this year if we didn't have Jackson, including this game.

That's the perfect justification for bringing in a player.

Oh yeah. 100%.
Ball drop is whack. Two Out on the full, in a tight GFs.. Kind of got to him
If he continues to lean back and drop the ball from upon high the madness will continue. Show him a clip of Dunstall or Lockett leaning forward over the ball and almost placing the ball on their foot. I blame the coaches for heck’s sake.

Pft.... he did nothing while the heat was on. He is useless. Kicked some junk time goals, woopy Doo.

He needs to go. Emmett needs to go.

Walters needs to be told he isn't B22. As a champion of the club he has earned a lot of leeway but geez he makes watching him hard some times.
Given it was a tight contest, I don’t think they count as junktime goals.

Given it was a tight contest, I don’t think they count as junktime goals.
By this guys definition a goal to win the game after the siren is junk time.

I hate JOM on the team and his first 3/4 were really bad. Kept trying to take the tackler on and get caught, couldn’t hit the side of the barn door all year. But he also sealed the game for us with those two at the end, so unfortunately there’s no dropping him (there never was anyway)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One more extra thing, I would not be against Draper having a break to give Davies a run. Think Draper could use a fee games at Peel to dominate and feel good about himself
Was thinking this.

Though with the pies not a tall team, do we bring in of the w’s instead?

By this guys definition a goal to win the game after the siren is junk time.

I hate JOM on the team and his first 3/4 were really bad. Kept trying to take the tackler on and get caught, couldn’t hit the side of the barn door all year. But he also sealed the game for us with those two at the end, so unfortunately there’s no dropping him (there never was anyway)
Yeah, he’s got skills though.

You think Erasmus would be better?

Was thinking this.

We played without Draper vs probably the tallest forward line in the league. I think we’ll be ok letting him back to Peel for the next couple, reshuffling our backs and bringing Wagner in. Then we should get Cox back after the bye.

Voss has been playing his role perfectly as a replacement for Tabs. The one thing that surprised me about him is how clean he is in traffic. It's also impressive how many looks at goal he gets every game. If Voss can fix his kicking he can actually be a genuine forward for us.
Agree with this x 10000. Gets in the right spots and clunks them. Once his kicking improves then he will be a real gem

Was thinking this.

Draper often gets a moment or two caught out in marking contests or leading patterns against the taller and much more experienced forwards. Basically due to their craft and strength advantages. He is however awesome when it hits the ground for a guy his size. Being so mobile, a smaller forward line is right up his alley, plus offers him the chance to use his height as more of an advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back