Autopsy Hecking Heck - Walyalup defeat Euro-Yroke by 12 Scoring Shots at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Forward line- I guess if the club had it the way they wanted we'd still have Jesse Hogan (the GWS version), Rory Lobb (who I believe would be playing better for us) and Cam Mac (RIP). Possibly throw in Harley Bennel as the goalsneak, Schulz never leaves etc.

That would've been a formidable forward line but it just never eventuated, and we had to press the reset button whereas defensively/midfield we've always had considered growth and gentle transitional periods, ie Mundy, McPharlin, Johnson passing on the torch to Pearce, Cox, Brayshaw - even Serong naturally replaced the shock loss of Neale.

Amiss, Treacy and Jackson aren't bad reset buttons to invoke- all 3 are still eligible to be selected for the best 22under22 list (I think).

Small forwards are a gap and will need bridging. But it'll all click I believe.

Ok, having slept on it..... still a game to forget forever but there were positives.

Josh Treacy continues to shine - couldn't fit him in my top 5 but what he does, he does cleanly and effectively. Love him.

So good to have Clark and Sharp in the team. We cop a lot of shit about trades but these two have been fantastic for us.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think his goal kicking routine looks awful but each to their own I guess.

As long as it is a routine (ie repeatable and defined) it'll be workable. As with the snapshots, a quirky run up gets a lot of focus when it doesn't go right, but over the long term could be a more accurate method for the individual.

I was getting sick of the commentators continuously going on about King every time he got near the ball
It's a good example of how provincial the AFL media remains. I mean we were playing St Kilda in a game that was probably only live on Fox: I'd guess well over half the audience were fremantle fans, a far bigger club, and a percentage of the remaining audience would have been scattered round the country leaving a clear minority of Victorian eyes on it. Despite this they thought it perfectly natural to crap on about the minnow home teams sh*t form of its full forward.

It's a good sign he's jumping to contest the ball?? As if just standing there and sulking was acceptable. It was amusing they had to stop talking about it as the game went on and it became only to clear he was getting his arse handed to him. Saints fans were probably wishing he was sulking away from the ball, at least it would have kept Peace away from it..

3 wins from 3 games in Melbourne has got to be a positive trend, seems we've built a home away from home there.

Young is going to become a Brownlow medallist one day.
There's a lot of robustness in our game.

We're really competitive when travelling and the level of perseverance when we're behind on the scoreboard or not fully capitalising on the work downfield is more than encouraging.

I think his goal kicking routine looks awful but each to their own I guess.

Huh?

Thought that “yips aside” covered that part.

He’s getting to contests, collecting at ground level, taking contested marks. He looks good again.

Like the rest of the team, the final bit needs work.

******* hell if we’re so far off then so is literally every other team except for Sydney. We did not struggle in the slightest. Saints were goalless for almost a full hour. They didn’t even look like scoring. We generated easy shots. Goal kicking hasn’t been an issue until the last couple weeks.

We’re literally one win (not even percentage) away from the top 4 but it’s hecking doomsday in here.
Was hard to watch is all. Stilted. Still think there is tremendous upside in the group.

I was getting sick of the commentators continuously going on about King every time he got near the ball

After the game finished, I had to go for a drive to pick up one of my rugrats. The radio was on the ABC and had their team concluding their discussion on the game. It was a very rational discussion, pretty open minded.

They were not happy with King, lacks a footy brain and needs to extract the digit. Tries to wrestle fullbacks, he ain’t a wrestler + lacks intensity. Look down the other end, a 20 year old is holding up the Freo forwardline. King is 23.

Oh the votes they gave, 3. Clark, 2. Serong, 1. Marshall. They liked the duel between Marshall & Jackson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh?

Thought that “yips aside” covered that part.

He’s getting to contests, collecting at ground level, taking contested marks. He looks good again.

Like the rest of the team, the final bit needs work.

Oh ok, I've always taken yips to mean a more mental thing, whereas his run up, ball drop etc when shooting for goal more a technique issue.

By this guys definition a goal to win the game after the siren is junk time.

I hate JOM on the team and his first 3/4 were really bad. Kept trying to take the tackler on and get caught, couldn’t hit the side of the barn door all year. But he also sealed the game for us with those two at the end, so unfortunately there’s no dropping him (there never was anyway)
In all fairness, a bit hard for him to adjust to having real AFL opponents on you after doing don't argues on Liam Henry for fun. He did that to him at least twice during that game.

if Jaeger bobs up for 6 marks, 5 tackles and a goal or two then I'm pretty happy. Thought his game was pretty damn solid and that's all we really need him to be.

Come at me.
If he had kicked a goal or two in all his other games I'd be a lot easier on him, but he's fluffed some really easy chances at goal every single game.

After the game finished, I had to go for a drive to pick up one of my rugrats. The radio was on the ABC and had their team concluding their discussion on the game. It was a very rational discussion, pretty open minded.

They were not happy with King, lacks a footy brain and needs to extract the digit. Tries to wrestle fullbacks, he ain’t a wrestler + lacks intensity. Look down the other end, a 20 year old is holding up the Freo forwardline. King is 23.

Oh the votes they gave, 3. Clark, 2. Serong, 1. Marshall. They liked the duel between Marshall & Jackson.
glad to hear they improved they were ****ing ordinary to start talking about our “slim finals chance”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back