Heroic Adam Goodes honoured with a documentary about his last season

Adam Goodes is one of the all time greats and a wonderful role-model

• I agree (correct)

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I disagree, and my wife/cousin shares this opinion

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I await his swimming and **** policy (also correct)

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Only just understood the Get Smart link to the Painters and Dockers song! Thanks, Bay.
It's also said that the hoodoo gurus were inspired by this episode to name their band.

And the band that played kill kill kill was called the sacred cows which inspired the name of Australian band sacred cowboys.

This is actually a myth. But if it helps to justify the enjoyment you get from the suffering of the disadvantaged, why not run with it :thumbsu:

And assuming someone is disadvantaged because of their skin color is inherently racist in itself

And assuming someone is disadvantaged because of their skin color is inherently racist in itself
yeah well its not really an assumption, its proven. Indigenous Australians definitely are discriminated against in so many ways in our society, i just dont think booing footballers is one of these ways.

yeah well its not really an assumption, its proven. Indigenous Australians definitely are discriminated against in so many ways in our society, i just dont think booing footballers is one of these ways.
No.... thats a generalisation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aboriginal people are more likely to be disadvantaged than the General population. But there I go again referring to pesky facts.
A lot of it their own doing... you know DV rates, incarceration rates, abuse of children, alcoholism, unemployment, victimhood mentality.... but hey, there I go again with facts.
But that belongs on another board
In Goodes case... he was afforded every privilege growing up. From access top the best schools, to scholarships etc. All based on his Indigenous background.
Credit to Goodes for taking advantage of those privileges, but to throw it up in peoples faces now, and claim hes been oppressed because of his heritage is laughable, and the fact that people fall for his "poor me" rhetoric is even more laughable...

Last edited:
A lot of it their own doing... you know DV rates, incarceration rates, abuse of children, alcoholism, unemployment, victimhood mentality.... but hey, there I go again with facts.
But that belongs on another board
In Goodes case... he was afforded every privilege growing up. From access top the best schools, to scholarships etc. All based on his Indigenous background.
Credit to Goodes for taking advantage of those privileges, but to throw it up in peoples faces now, and claim hes been oppressed because of his heritage is laughable, and the fact that people fall for his "poor me" rhetoric is even more laughable...
I agree that it's certainly much more comfortable for the spineless to blame victims of poverty for their state rather than accepting collective responsibility.
Back to Goodes, you're obviously a keen student of his life and are a fitting spokesperson for him :thumbsu:

Yeah nah . Hiding behind your race, gender, religion or class is far more pathetic to me.... especially when those factors have granted you privilege in life.
Here I am advocating that personal circumstances dont dictate ones lot in life, and here you are claiming they do.
Im no student of Goodes personal life.... but I am aware of some facts he chooses to conveniently omit from his story
Its pretty obvious who the bigger bigot is.
Stay woke flog!

Last edited:
Look at you people still trying to justify your boos. The world has moved on, you lost at history like that Collingwood stand in 93 and nobody cares what you think. That’s why you rant at each other using anonymous eliases on anonymous websites, chickens

Yeah nah . Hiding behind your race, gender, religion or class is far more pathetic to me.... especially when those factors have granted you privilege in life.
Here I am advocating that personal circumstances dont dictate ones lot in life, and here you are claiming they do.
Im no student of Goodes personal life.... but I am aware of some facts he chooses to conveniently omit from his story
Its pretty obvious who the bigger bigot is.
Stay woke flog!
Personal circumstances often do dictate someones life.
On average, if you're brought up privileged, you're more likely to lead a privileged life. If you're brought up in poverty, you're more likely to live in poverty. Some people overcome the disadvantages life has dished out to them, some of them Aboriginal people. These people are to be admired in my book.

In fact you have argued that Goodes had a relatively privileged upbringing for a person of Aboriginal decent, explaining his relative success. He therefore has no experience of Aboriginality and no right to comment on the issues.
My argument is that he seems to ruffle the feathers of those who see him as an uppety black, needing to be put back in his box.

Your resort to humourless personal insults certainly strengthens your argument.

Personal circumstances often do dictate someones life.
On average, if you're brought up privileged, you're more likely to lead a privileged life. If you're brought up in poverty, you're more likely to live in poverty. Some people overcome the disadvantages life has dished out to them, some of them Aboriginal people. These people are to be admired in my book.

In fact you have argued that Goodes had a relatively privileged upbringing for a person of Aboriginal decent, explaining his relative success. He therefore has no experience of Aboriginality and no right to comment on the issues.
My argument is that he seems to ruffle the feathers of those who see him as an uppety black, needing to be put back in his box.

Your resort to humourless personal insults certainly strengthens your argument.

And mine is thats not always the case like the narrative around him seems to claim

FACTS
The expenditure for 2015-16, contained in a new Productivity Commission report, represented just 6 per cent of total government spending on all Australians, which was $556.1bn.
However, when broken down to expenditure per person, the figure was $44,886 for indigenous Australians and $22,356 for non-indigenous. This difference — a ratio similar to previous surveys —

Lets not discuss facts shall we, but lets make up facts and grin

FACTS
The expenditure for 2015-16, contained in a new Productivity Commission report, represented just 6 per cent of total government spending on all Australians, which was $556.1bn.
However, when broken down to expenditure per person, the figure was $44,886 for indigenous Australians and $22,356 for non-indigenous. This difference — a ratio similar to previous surveys —

Lets not discuss facts shall we, but lets make up facts and grin

Facts

Average life expectancy for indigenous Australians is 11yrs lower than for non indigenous Australians. The infant mortality rate is 6x higher. Rates of cardio vascular disease are 1.5x higher. Indigenous Australians are 6x more likely to live in social housing.

Tell me more about this privilege?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Other players do and did get booed.

Carey copped it relentlessly too.
However he never simulated sex in a toilet at a cheer squad to inflame the situation

He just played better
Actually Carey played s**t ever after getting busted.

Back