Strategy How can members genuinely express their dissatisfaction with the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a GA member and have been for 30 years. The reason I keep it is to support the club and for access to GF tickets (I know I may be dead for the next one).
will be hitting 1/4 of a century pretty soon.

heres a prediction, i reckon there will be a train to tulla before our next GF appearance.

Dear NMFC players,

I assume that, by now, you are heartily sick of losing games of football. And yet, judging by what we supporters are seeing week, after week, after week, I wonder if that's still a reasonable assumption.

I know your first reaction will be to be defensive and to reject criticism from supporters. You'll tell yourself that you know better than us. After all, you know what's going on inside the four walls of the club, and we don't. Of course, in many ways you'll be right.

But there is another very valuable perspective that I'd like you to take a moment to consider. That of the supporter who has seen the highs and lows of this football club over many years. Some of them, like me, for decades. Who has witnessed what it looks like when players give their all on and off the field and who then, deservedly, reap the results of making and winning finals, then making and winning grand finals.

Trust me, we know what it looks like when players play for each other and back each other, 100%, every week. When they absolutely thirst for the next goal and the next win. When they have the mental resilience to shrug their shoulders after poor piece of play and set their steely glare on the next contest, and will themselves to turn it around. When they seethe with the desire to avenge a lapse, a mistake or an opposition goal. When they lust for success and when they revel in performing at their very best, ALL GAME, and in seeing their teammates doing the same. When their eyes sparkle with delight when they realise - nay, when they know - that they are levels above their opposition and expect to win.

We know too, when that spirit, belief and effort is not there. And it's not there now. Nowhere close.

Of course, this losing streak must surely be disheartening. Trust me, we know. But unfortunately, we can do nothing about it, other than voice our frustration, as I am here.

You, on the other hand, have your destiny - and our hope - in your hands. No one else can change the fortunes of this club, but you. Yes, everyone at the club plays a role in club success, from the membership department to the coaches. But ultimately, it's up to you. Each one of you who dons the jumper each week.

The person responsible for turning around our fortunes doesn't rest with someone else, so don't waste your time waiting for them to make it happen. The responsibility is yours to make something of it. To find it within yourself to imagine success - every minute, every quarter and every game - and to take every step necessary to make that success a reality.

You may be telling yourself you are trying hard and working hard, but you must surely realise by now, that whatever standard you are holding yourself, and your teammates to, isn't high enough. Are you really working hard enough off the ball? Are you sticking the tackles you should? Are you really creating the best options? Are you really honouring coaches instructions? Are your skills truly at the level they need to be? Are you making the right decisions, from diet, to free time, to disposing of the ball?

I ask you to BE more and DEMAND more of one another, because your standards right now, are clearly, not enough. Until they are, you don't deserve to be winning games of football. Unfortunately, that much is clearly evident and it hurts deeply to say that.

Fortunately, the future is not some distant and mystical land, far away. It is now. Right now. Decisions and actions are taken in the present, which is always available to us, in every second.

So, seize the moment, seize the day and carn the roos!

...any ITKs want to forward to anyone of influence in the club, please do.
Seriously you need to send this to Sonja, Jen, Ratts and Clarko and get them to print it up on a A3 piece of paper for each and everyone of the blokes who pulled that jumper on yesterday and dished up that :poo:, exclusions accepted but it might be nice for them to read it out to the other blokes

The club simply doesn’t care what the broad membership base thinks.

The only thing that matters is you ‘shut up and buy a membership.’
%100 Correct it only cares for there own agendas and The Scanlon Family egos.
What this club board needs to understand is the Supporters/Members buy memberships buy merchandise buy raffle tickets and donate $$$ to help this club get better facilities and in time if the facilities need to be upgraded the Supporters/Members will chip in $$$ again.
But in saying that don’t treat the Supporters/Members like idiots as that would be the last thing you want to do.

I just want to see them play with effort and learn from their mistakes.

A lot of them do neither and it makes this all the more frustrating to the point where I’m not invested and would rather watch the cricket or be social. If I’m at a game and they play like they did in the first quarter vs Hawthorn I’ll probably head to the race.

Not that I want this, or that it will happen, but I am sure a massive drop in people signing up/renewing memberships would make a statement.

Sadly l think it will happen. I'll be downgrading. Lucky enough to have been to 9 grand finals, will watch the next comfortably from the couch.

I keep the membership going as I want the seat for when we make the GF. But I'm starting to think if I just invest my money elsewhere, by the time we make the GF I'll be able to buy a corporate box for the family AND pay for my flights.
cmon mav, lets not get carried away, we buy memberships because we want to, its never an investment, just like all the junk i bought for cars when i was younger, and lets not even mention beer. but seriousely though the actual want to buy a membership is wavering, i have to remind myself how much joy the club gave be in the 90s. to maintain my commitment.

cmon mav, lets not get carried away, we buy memberships because we want to, its never an investment, just like all the junk i bought for cars when i was younger, and lets not even mention beer. but seriousely though the actual want to buy a membership is wavering, i have to remind myself how much joy the club gave be in the 90s. to maintain my commitment.
yeah, you know I'm all talk. Now that we have gather round I've double the value I get for my membership.

Dear NMFC players,

I assume that, by now, you are heartily sick of losing games of football. And yet, judging by what we supporters are seeing week, after week, after week, I wonder if that's still a reasonable assumption.

I know your first reaction will be to be defensive and to reject criticism from supporters. You'll tell yourself that you know better than us. After all, you know what's going on inside the four walls of the club, and we don't. Of course, in many ways you'll be right.

But there is another very valuable perspective that I'd like you to take a moment to consider. That of the supporter who has seen the highs and lows of this football club over many years. Some of them, like me, for decades. Who has witnessed what it looks like when players give their all on and off the field and who then, deservedly, reap the results of making and winning finals, then making and winning grand finals.

Trust me, we know what it looks like when players play for each other and back each other, 100%, every week. When they absolutely thirst for the next goal and the next win. When they have the mental resilience to shrug their shoulders after poor piece of play and set their steely glare on the next contest, and will themselves to turn it around. When they seethe with the desire to avenge a lapse, a mistake or an opposition goal. When they lust for success and when they revel in performing at their very best, ALL GAME, and in seeing their teammates doing the same. When their eyes sparkle with delight when they realise - nay, when they know - that they are levels above their opposition and expect to win.

We know too, when that spirit, belief and effort is not there. And it's not there now. Nowhere close.

Of course, this losing streak must surely be disheartening. Trust me, we know. But unfortunately, we can do nothing about it, other than voice our frustration, as I am here.

You, on the other hand, have your destiny - and our hope - in your hands. No one else can change the fortunes of this club, but you. Yes, everyone at the club plays a role in club success, from the membership department to the coaches. But ultimately, it's up to you. Each one of you who dons the jumper each week.

The person responsible for turning around our fortunes doesn't rest with someone else, so don't waste your time waiting for them to make it happen. The responsibility is yours to make something of it. To find it within yourself to imagine success - every minute, every quarter and every game - and to take every step necessary to make that success a reality.

You may be telling yourself you are trying hard and working hard, but you must surely realise by now, that whatever standard you are holding yourself, and your teammates to, isn't high enough. Are you really working hard enough off the ball? Are you sticking the tackles you should? Are you really creating the best options? Are you really honouring coaches instructions? Are your skills truly at the level they need to be? Are you making the right decisions, from diet, to free time, to disposing of the ball?

I ask you to BE more and DEMAND more of one another, because your standards right now, are clearly, not enough. Until they are, you don't deserve to be winning games of football. Unfortunately, that much is clearly evident and it hurts deeply to say that.

Fortunately, the future is not some distant and mystical land, far away. It is now. Right now. Decisions and actions are taken in the present, which is always available to us, in every second.

So, seize the moment, seize the day and carn the roos!

...any ITKs want to forward to anyone of influence in the club, please do.
My revision:
"Dear North players,

Get ****ed and * off"

Like it, but seeing your club win a flag isn’t a fleeting feeling. It stays with you and changes how you feel about following football for years, decades.

Oh indeed. But I mean I look at Geelong this year and say they don’t make finals, that’ll be almost as big a story as their flag last year.
Nobody talks much about Melbourne before that.

I’m sure their fans rewatch the GFs though, and winning one is very special and it does stay with you for life.

I was explaining to my son the other day about how awful we are now never being able to cancel out the great years I had in my teens watching this team. Some fans never see a flag. I saw two. That’s not bad.

Oh indeed. But I mean I look at Geelong this year and say they don’t make finals, that’ll be almost as big a story as their flag last year.

I’m sure their fans rewatch the GFs though, and winning one is very special and it does stay with you for life.

I was explaining to my son the other day about how awful we are now never being able to cancel out the great years I had in my teens watching this team. Some fans never see a flag. I saw two. That’s not bad.
And that’s exactly it. All of us who have seen a flag feel differently than all of us who haven’t, same as Western and Melbourne supporters cope much differently now if their team trips up during the season than they did before.

For now, wining a game would feel as good as it did winning finals back then. I’d settle for more of what I saw in the first Ratten stretch of games, playing with energy and dare and pushing strong teams (and *).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw two as well but 1996 and 1999 feels like a very long time ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back