Strategy How can members genuinely express their dissatisfaction with the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I don't want to pull my membership money but we've been trusting the process and waiting patiently, and yet the wheel is not turning.

Obviously our leaders are aware that we are playing poorly, how can we put some legitimate pressure on / what are our levers?

I love this club and want to see it succeed.

It’s a very good question. I’m fuming still and have convinced myself I won’t go next week but I probably will…Idk, I’ve thought “this is as bad as it gets” before but we keep plumbing new depths. We need to stick fat but we also need to demand a certain ruthlessness that is reflected in one simple thing: our players turning up and being competitive for four quarters each week. Why that is so hard - apart from the obvious psychological destruction that has been wrought - is beyond me.

Lol I tried to call on the way home but (wisely) there’s no answering machine.
Wow good on you, you're real tough trying to call the membership team who have 0 influence over the football team, coaches or players.

Good on you for trying to abuse the young men and women who have a passion for footy and are just trying to earn a living.

Last edited:
(I'm not in the business of losing it at a member of the membership team).*

*Although it is mighty tempting.
Please your edit your comment and remove the asterisk, don't encourage disgruntled fans to abuse the young men and women just trying to pay their bills about our on field performances which they have 0 control over.

Imagine you're a hospital receptionist and the doctor makes a mistake, causing a guy's wife to die. The guy then calls up and insults and abuses you and your colleagues, making you hate your job and life, this achieves nothing.

Wow good on you, you're real tough trying to call the membership team who have 0 influence over the football team, coaches or players.

Good on you for trying to complain to / abuse the young men and women who have a passion for footy and are just trying to earn a living.
I suspect Ischenko is a passionate supporter who is struggling as his/her heart is being ripped apart.

Not much. Calls, letters and emails mean nothing and often go unanswered. Your emotive outburst isn't considered worth responding to.
Sometimes going through the media works as journos are campaigners and will take those questions to the powerbrokers at the club. But even then it gets nowhere.

The club is conditioned to and I would say well positioned now to handling disgruntled and upset communication from members.

Last edited:
Not much. Calls, letters and emails mean nothing and often go unanswered. Your emotive outburst isn't considered worth responding to.
Sometimes going through the media works as journos are campaigners and will those questions to the powerbrokers at the club. But even then it gets nowhere.

The club is conditioned and I would say positioned to handling disgruntled and upset communication from members.
This is not the experience I have had. Got upset when told by the club that an SA Captains run was closed when it wasn't. Got a call from one of the senior mangers apologising. Also had great chats with others from the club, and have had a coach go out of their way on several occasions to look after my kids both in Melbourne and here in Adelaide. The people running the club are very very good people. The players, now thats a different story.

I can't believe we had fans clap our blokes off at the race tonight.
look whats happened to Carlton after that guys spray went viral. I've told my Freo mates non stop that their club was doomed after they all clapped their team off after losing a final.

It's getting time for a members revolt to let them know this has to stop.

This is not the experience I have had. Got upset when told by the club that an SA Captains run was closed when it wasn't. Got a call from one of the senior mangers apologising. Also had great chats with others from the club, and have had a coach go out of their way on several occasions to look after my kids both in Melbourne and here in Adelaide. The people running the club are very very good people. The players, now thats a different story.
I suspect you don't have the standard membership ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to pull my membership money but we've been trusting the process and waiting patiently, and yet the wheel is not turning.

Obviously our leaders are aware that we are playing poorly, how can we put some legitimate pressure on / what are our levers?

I love this club and want to see it succeed.
Trying to send you a DM. But if you've got me on ignore, bad luck.

Sometimes going through the media works as journos are campaigners and will those questions to the powerbrokers at the club. But even then it gets nowhere.

The club is conditioned and I would say positioned to handling disgruntled and upset communication from members.

This is about the only form of communication that will truly make any waves.

Collectively outpouring.

1689498614193.jpeg

Practically speaking ( And iam filthy as well) there is no short term fixes so we better just get used to being filthy, medium term i really think we could find 2 better people than what history as shown snoz and brown are capable of delivering re recruitment and development.

I like that the management so far has shown under sonja and the football department is in safe hands with clarko, ratts and viney.

my main concern is its years away from bringing in via the draft a couple of KPPs and Ruck stocks and i dont think we will have the ability to attract any more senior replacements.

I genuinely don’t get what you think moaning to the Club will achieve other than to assuage your frustration a little. You think they are doing this on purpose ? Look at Ratts. He is the picture of frustration. Let them get on with it. It’s crap but it will turn.

Ring Kane Cornes Francis tomorrow morning

kristen wiig gtfo GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back