Strategy How can members genuinely express their dissatisfaction with the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1740627
He said that he tried to call on the way home in response to this comment, which specifically mentions abusing membership staff. It doesn't take a genius to figure out his intent here.

The AFLW player comment was only meant to point out one thing they have in common, which is that they, along with the membership staff, have nothing to do with AFL football and therefore shouldn't have to deal with every disgruntled Bigfooty poster with a working phone.
Jesus mate relax I was joking, it’s a Sunday FFS no one is there. I’m *en filthy though, and while I will be buried in my scarf and my child will be disowned if she even thinks about barracking for another team, I do ask wonder sometimes what we can doc as those deeply invested in this team, apart from just waiting for it to turn?

View attachment 1740627
He said that he tried to call on the way home in response to this comment, which specifically mentions abusing membership staff. It doesn't take a genius to figure out his intent here.

The AFLW player comment was only meant to point out one thing they have in common, which is that they, along with the membership staff, have nothing to do with AFL football and therefore shouldn't have to deal with every disgruntled Bigfooty poster with a working phone.
[QUOTE="Premieroos, post: 80124977, member: 218063.[/QUOTE]
I think a grain of salt is appropriate here.

Wow good on you, you're real tough trying to call the membership team who have 0 influence over the football team, coaches or players.

Good on you for trying to abuse the young men and women who have a passion for footy and are just trying to earn a living.
There's always one....i agree, what did he think he would achieve!

I get it. Be angry. Go home and kick the cat...don't call the North Melbourne membership line to abuse someone who has no influence on the team. Lol what a dickhead!

Jesus mate relax I was joking, it’s a Sunday FFS no one is there. I’m *en filthy though, and while I will be buried in my scarf and my child will be disowned if she even thinks about barracking for another team, I do ask wonder sometimes what we can doc as those deeply invested in this team, apart from just waiting for it to turn?
Not much unfortunately, anything that's told to the club staff will never actually reach the players.

Meet the players and coaches in person at training I guess? Or get media attention, those are the only ways they'll listen, if they'll actually care about our opinions is a whole other can of worms

In my experience, it's always best to wait until there's a work experience kid on the phones before you unleash. Nothing better than improving your day by ruining a 16 year old's.

Probably look at a different level of Membership next year?

Wat shitz me is that probably like SpiderBurton22 for us country members today is a whole day out of our weekends

We all went along thinking we’d be in with a chance and that’s the risk you take.

Conclusion is that half our list is not up to it and that means at best 2 more years of this.

The only thing holding on to hope is that consecutive years of Memberships lead to GF tickets opportunities

Probably look at a different level of Membership next year?

Wat shitz me is that probably like SpiderBurton22 for us country members today is a whole day out of our weekends

We all went along thinking we’d be in with a chance and that’s the risk you take.

Conclusion is that half our list is not up to it and that means at best 2 more years of this.

The only thing holding on to hope is that consecutive years of Memberships lead to GF tickets opportunities

And I'm still not ******* home yet.

The train home turned into a bus to Geelong and then a 45 minute wait while they had to sort morons who got on thinking the train was going to Melbourne.

When I graduated uni, I had 2 strong job offers here on the mainland - one in Melbourne and one in Canberra. I took the Melbourne job and a big part of my motivation was that I would be able to watch my beloved Roos in person.

When Lewis kicked that goal in the last, it was probably the first time I've walked out of a game early and again for the first time I'm not all that motivated to attend next week. How many ruined weekends can one bloke ensure? This club has sucked all the fun out of footy for me lol

At the end of the day, all of this is about 22 blokes I’ve never met chasing around a piece of pigskin for no real reason.
If we won the flag it’s a short-lived fleeting feeling and very soon it’s all about next year. It’s nice to see them do well but I chose this team completely arbitrarily.. I liked blue and white 🤷‍♂️
Nobody would care if I wore green tomorrow and said I barrack for Watford in the NBA. And in 200 years nobody will remember this conversation, who I went for or indeed me.

But to answer your question, maybe a nicely worded letter.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, all of this is about 22 blokes I’ve never met chasing around a piece of pigskin for no real reason.
If we won the flag it’s a short-lived fleeting feeling and very soon it’s all about next year. It’s nice to see them so well but I chose this team completely arbitrarily.. I liked blue and white 🤷‍♂️
Nobody would care if I wore green tomorrow and said I barrack for Watford in the NBA. And in 200 years nobody will remember this conversation, who I went for or indeed me.

I’ve always thought Haitch was a nicely worded letter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look whats happened to Carlton after that guys spray went viral. I've told my Freo mates non stop that their club was doomed after they all clapped their team off after losing a final.

It's getting time for a members revolt to let them know this has to stop.

A members revolt will simply turnaround the demographics of the playing list. Of course it will.

Dear NMFC players,

I assume that, by now, you are heartily sick of losing games of football. And yet, judging by what we supporters are seeing week, after week, after week, I wonder if that's still a reasonable assumption.

I know your first reaction will be to be defensive and to reject criticism from supporters. You'll tell yourself that you know better than us. After all, you know what's going on inside the four walls of the club, and we don't. Of course, in many ways you'll be right.

But there is another very valuable perspective that I'd like you to take a moment to consider. That of the supporter who has seen the highs and lows of this football club over many years. Some of them, like me, for decades. Who has witnessed what it looks like when players give their all on and off the field and who then, deservedly, reap the results of making and winning finals, then making and winning grand finals.

Trust me, we know what it looks like when players play for each other and back each other, 100%, every week. When they absolutely thirst for the next goal and the next win. When they have the mental resilience to shrug their shoulders after poor piece of play and set their steely glare on the next contest, and will themselves to turn it around. When they seethe with the desire to avenge a lapse, a mistake or an opposition goal. When they lust for success and when they revel in performing at their very best, ALL GAME, and in seeing their teammates doing the same. When their eyes sparkle with delight when they realise - nay, when they know - that they are levels above their opposition and expect to win.

We know too, when that spirit, belief and effort is not there. And it's not there now. Nowhere close.

Of course, this losing streak must surely be disheartening. Trust me, we know. But unfortunately, we can do nothing about it, other than voice our frustration, as I am here.

You, on the other hand, have your destiny - and our hope - in your hands. No one else can change the fortunes of this club, but you. Yes, everyone at the club plays a role in club success, from the membership department to the coaches. But ultimately, it's up to you. Each one of you who dons the jumper each week.

The person responsible for turning around our fortunes doesn't rest with someone else, so don't waste your time waiting for them to make it happen. The responsibility is yours to make something of it. To find it within yourself to imagine success - every minute, every quarter and every game - and to take every step necessary to make that success a reality.

You may be telling yourself you are trying hard and working hard, but you must surely realise by now, that whatever standard you are holding yourself, and your teammates to, isn't high enough. Are you really working hard enough off the ball? Are you sticking the tackles you should? Are you really creating the best options? Are you really honouring coaches instructions? Are your skills truly at the level they need to be? Are you making the right decisions, from diet, to free time, to disposing of the ball?

I ask you to BE more and DEMAND more of one another, because your standards right now, are clearly, not enough. Until they are, you don't deserve to be winning games of football. Unfortunately, that much is clearly evident and it hurts deeply to say that.

Fortunately, the future is not some distant and mystical land, far away. It is now. Right now. Decisions and actions are taken in the present, which is always available to us, in every second.

So, seize the moment, seize the day and carn the roos!

...any ITKs want to forward to anyone of influence in the club, please do.

If we won the flag it’s a short-lived fleeting feeling and very soon it’s all about next year. It’s nice to see them do well but I chose this team completely arbitrarily.. I liked blue and white 🤷‍♂️

Like it, but seeing your club win a flag isn’t a fleeting feeling. It stays with you and changes how you feel about following football for years, decades.

When I graduated uni, I had 2 strong job offers here on the mainland - one in Melbourne and one in Canberra. I took the Melbourne job and a big part of my motivation was that I would be able to watch my beloved Roos in person.

When Lewis kicked that goal in the last, it was probably the first time I've walked out of a game early and again for the first time I'm not all that motivated to attend next week. How many ruined weekends can one bloke ensure? This club has sucked all the fun out of footy for me lol

Have never walked out of a game but when McDonald kicked that simple 30 metre kick across goal, under no pressure OOB right in front of me in the 2nd quarter I completely lost it. Stormed up the aisle and out to the toilets oblivious to the game, just in case I self combusted. Was a shame because I missed Wardlaw’s tackle on Bruest about a minute later.

Thing is, I get this thread 100%. Nobody is talking about abusing membership staff but North supporters over the last 4-5 years have put up with more gut wrenching disappointment, pain, anger, misery, humiliation, disbelief and emptiness than probably any other supporters since the Fitzroy days. It’s natural to want serious questions now. It’s natural to ask the match committee to show some accountability and drop McDonald, Ziebell, Corr, CCJ, McKay or any other ‘leader’ who is not part of our future and is shown up in standards, skills and intensity by 18 year olds. I was at the top of the race when the players walked off. I wanted to say something, mostly about how much I loved our club and what they had just put out (again) was unacceptable, embarrassing but yeah, as mentioned they were clapped off by those around me. That made my blood boil all the more. But in the end I was silent. Who am I to comment.

North supporters aren’t Carlton supporters but it’s time our players realised how angry we are. I don’t think they really know that, or perhaps they don’t really care. I don’t care what anybody says, there is nothing to indicate that 3/4 of our list actually do care.

Have never walked out of a game but when McDonald kicked that simple 30 metre kick across goal, under no pressure OOB right in front of me in the 2nd quarter I completely lost it. Stormed up the aisle and out to the toilets oblivious to the game, just in case I self combusted. Was a shame because I missed Wardlaw’s tackle on Bruest about a minute later.

Thing is, I get this thread 100%. Nobody is talking about abusing membership staff but North supporters over the last 4-5 years have put up with more gut wrenching disappointment, pain, anger, misery, humiliation, disbelief and emptiness than probably any other supporters since the Fitzroy days. It’s natural to want serious questions now. It’s natural to ask the match committee to show some accountability and drop McDonald, Ziebell, Corr, CCJ, McKay or any other ‘leader’ who is not part of our future and is shown up in standards, skills and intensity by 18 year olds. I was at the top of the race when the players walked off. I wanted to say something, mostly about how much I loved our club and what they had just put out (again) was unacceptable, embarrassing but yeah, as mentioned they were clapped off by those around me. That made my blood boil all the more. But in the end I was silent. Who am I to comment.

North supporters aren’t Carlton supporters but it’s time our players realised how angry we are. I don’t think they really know that, or perhaps they don’t really care. I don’t care what anybody says, there is nothing to indicate that 3/4 of our list actually do care.
Some of our fans clapping them off doesn't help.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve spent almost 4K on memberships in 6 years and seen one game live in Melbourne. These campaigners need a reality check
The club simply doesn’t care what the broad membership base thinks.

The only thing that matters is you ‘shut up and buy a membership.’

Don't renew your membership unless we see wholesale changes within the footy department. Simple.

Brown, Rawlings and White all should be stood down, McDonald also stripped of captaincy.

Last edited:
The club simply doesn’t care what the broad membership base thinks.

The only thing that matters is you ‘shut up and buy a membership.’
Not that I want this, or that it will happen, but I am sure a massive drop in people signing up/renewing memberships would make a statement.

Not that I want this, or that it will happen, but I am sure a massive drop in people signing up/renewing memberships would make a statement.
If I was a GA member, I simply wouldn’t sign up.

Seeing as I have prime seats on level two that I don’t want to give up (had them for 15 years), they’ve got me by the balls.

If I was a GA member, I simply wouldn’t sign up.

Seeing as I have prime seats on level two that I don’t want to give up (had them for 15 years), they’ve got me by the balls.
I am a GA member and have been for 30 years. The reason I keep it is to support the club and for access to GF tickets (I know I may be dead for the next one).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back