Preview How confident are you this Friday night?

Remove this Banner Ad

70%. We are definitely a good chance of winning. It's a matter of taking our chances and set shots(not like the Geelong game) and we can't afford to give away cheap goals.

We played 2 games this year 1st againts dogs and a close loss, then againts the blues and we smashed them I think we play good there, only problam is Saints always play there.
I would say we have 90% chance of winning if we continue to play the way we are, which I can't see us dropping off we look too dam angry and hungry.

70%.

We're catching them at a good time:
-Two poor performances in a row from the saints
-Riewoldt is badly underdone and incredibly important to them, they don't seem to know what to do with a half-fit Riewoldt, and the guy isn't keeping up to his massive running standards that he set earlier in the year.
- Kosi is in career worst form.

We have changed tactically in a big way over the last two months
- teams really struggle to run it out of their defence in waves against us. Saints seem to rely on this a lot.
- Bateman as a tagger is an absolute weapon. Love the return of this guy's form.
- Lewis as a forward - just another example of us looking for ways to make loose goose defenders pay for being too offensive.
- Rioli and Burgoyne are two midfielders we didn't have in our premiership year. Back then Burgs wore teal and Rioli occupied a forward pocket.

Form:
- Roughy has just about shaken the monkey off his back
- Skipper and Renouf are now an adequate ruck duel but more importantly are having impact around the grounds.
- Gilham has become a seriously good defender overnight.
- Hodge is in career best form.
- The whole team is building to a crescendo

Pace:
- Rioli, Burgoyne, Young, Bateman. That is not a slow midfield.

15%

14% of that is due to knowing Burgoyne is now apart of this team.

But eh, i'm a horrible pessimist.

Roo and Kossi are due and Milne loves us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50%. We might be in trouble because:
1. Saints will be hurting from their hiding from the Pies and will come up firing.
2. We don't match up well against them, although an underdone Riewoldt and a hopelessly out of form Kosi will help.
3. Our goal kicking has been average the past few weeks. Hopefully the roof is closed.
4. It's at Etihad (the worst ground in the AFL).
5. We don't have a good match-up for Goddard

However, we have the following advantages:
1. Quicker midfield who have hit their straps
2. In form ruck combo
3. In form defenders who are playing with confidence
4. Game plan that has limited opposition rebound from defence (the Saints strength)
5. They don't have a good match-up for Cyril.

50%... 2009 makes me nervous, I know we are flying right now... but I'd rather just take it as it comes. Still hoping for a good win though :D

We played 2 games this year 1st againts dogs and a close loss, then againts the blues and we smashed them I think we play good there, only problam is Saints always play there.
I would say we have 90% chance of winning if we continue to play the way we are, which I can't see us dropping off we look too damn angry and hungry.

The key adjustment that has been made the past couple of months. There's simply nothing sexier than an angry mob of brown & Gold players absolutely ripping the heads of the opposition.

Also, I'm 75-80% confident of a win and 95% sure we'll get a filthy injury out of this game because of that awesome surface that is Etihad.

30%

Our record against them since the 2008 Prelim is shocking and them losing last week will fire them up more. I also hope we don't believe our publicity this week as we did play well but Brisbane were terrible. But hey, I always think that we will struggle no matter who we are playing:eek:

30%

I also hope we don't believe our publicity this week...

What publicity? With Brisbane, Essendon and Carlton performing so badly, there has barely been a word said about how well we played. No danger of the players having bid heads as a result of adulation in the press this week!

60% chance. The Saints have the wood on us, for some reason. Even with half their team out, in Tasmania, they are able to beat us. I just hope that the players wear the right boots for the surface...The slipping and sliding that went on there this weekend was ridiculous.

30%

Our record against them since the 2008 Prelim is shocking and them losing last week will fire them up more. I also hope we don't believe our publicity this week as we did play well but Brisbane were terrible. But hey, I always think that we will struggle no matter who we are playing:eek:

Gee you really must be a negative person, did you forget we beat the unbeatble to win the 2008 flag?

What publicity? With Brisbane, Essendon and Carlton performing so badly, there has barely been a word said about how well we played. No danger of the players having bid heads as a result of adulation in the press this week!

Exactly, all i have heard is how bad the Lions were, but not once have i heard how good the Hawks were, people forget the Lions pushed the Saints all the way and were without Goose and Brown..

Am going to completley disregard our 2009 performances against the Saints (we were a rabble).

Different side in 2010, players in better form and on a roll. 82% sure we will win.

The Saints have the wood on us, for some reason. Even with half their team out, in Tasmania, they are able to beat us. I just hope that the players wear the right boots for the surface...The slipping and sliding that went on there this weekend was ridiculous.

The thing that really bugged me about that game last year was everyone saying "oh, the saints were missing 7 of their best 22 and still beat the hawks', when we went pretty much the whole season with at least that many missing from our team with injuries, including for that game!

62.3% confident this week. Our boys will be hungry and keen to make ammends, Buddy will be fired up and Roughy will finally kick straight (getting hopeful here)...Hawks by 4 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back