Preview Round 8 vs Richmond - Friday Night in Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

We just couldn’t score when we had territory dominance, which kept the Tigers in the contest. Their experience got them over the line in the last.

In the end we have too many passengers at the moment, on the field and in the coaches box. Given this, I think we played as well as we could. Can’t fault the endeavour, which as a supporter is all we can ask.

disappointing end to an otherwise pretty hard fought game. The girls certainly didn't give up.

I thought we played more of a team game than richmond, they have a couple of stars who are quality and dominate their possessions.

Our Irish girls at each end of the ground did a good job.
Tamara smith was staunch in defense.
Batesy and fleming did some nice things throughout the night. Ashmore was good again, not as good as last week but still did some nice things.

If only we took more of our chances in the 2nd when we were dominating the forward play, we mightve had a different result.

Either way we are looking better each match, we have some good young talent that will get better the more they play together.
Lots to like going forward.

So you're telling me that the most obvious of 50m penalties shouldn't be paid?

I am saying we did enough wrong to impact the scoreboard that resulted in a the loss. The players can control this, they can’t control the inept umpiring.

Losers blame the umpires.

disappointing end to an otherwise pretty hard fought game. The girls certainly didn't give up.

I thought we played more of a team game than richmond, they have a couple of stars who are quality and dominate their possessions.

Our Irish girls at each end of the ground did a good job.
Tamara smith was staunch in defense.
Batesy and fleming did some nice things throughout the night. Ashmore was good again, not as good as last week but still did some nice things.

If only we took more of our chances in the 2nd when we were dominating the forward play, we mightve had a different result.

Either way we are looking better each match, we have some good young talent that will get better the more they play together.
Lots to like going forward.
Nice wrap up. My take …..The endeavour can’t be faulted, love the effort. But sticking tackles, disposal by hand and foot all needs to sharpen up. Need to have another look at our zones too. Too many holes for the tigers to walk thru. But for most if the game we had a good strong hand on them, getting more fun to watch each week.

Some good signs: Hipwell is going to be something else, one grab clunks, moving through traffic, covers ground and kicks straight. Eardley getting better each game. The usual suspects were the main contributors with none of them really standing out, probably Gilroy would be my pick.

Negative: There were a few that were always second to the contest and not enough run and spread down the wings. If someone isn't getting their hands on the ball then I'd like to see them run hard to make a clear option when we have the ball rather than tailing their opponent and waiting for them to to get it

We lost because we allowed the first 2 goals that should have been points -(absolute howlers) and then dominated the second quarter without scoring.
We are improving we have a lot of good players who will be a part of our first tilt. McDonagh, Fleming Eardley, hipwell, Everest and Kemp are going to be stars alongside Bates who already is. Good role players like TLR bodey baskaran Locke smith stratton wales Richardson Ashmore. Breed could be anything. Need one more good mid.
We have a few players we need to move on from. Chuot and fellows the obvious ones and I don’t see Elliot as a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am saying we did enough wrong to impact the scoreboard that resulted in a the loss. The players can control this, they can’t control the inept umpiring.

Losers blame the umpires.
OK I get you're a bit thick, but still you should be able to understand this. See the bold bit in your post? That's the bit that says you can blame the umpires. Now I've typed this as slowly as I can because you probably can't read all that fast.

Winners can also blame the umpires if they do a poor job and it costs them percentage. The fact is if the umpiring is poor they are to blame for that.

OK I get you're a bit thick, but still you should be able to understand this. See the bold bit in your post? That's the bit that says you can blame the umpires. Now I've typed this as slowly as I can because you probably can't read all that fast.

Winners can also blame the umpires if they do a poor job and it costs them percentage. The fact is if the umpiring is poor they are to blame for that.

Someone with a dumb ass, loser mentality won’t comprehend this, but here goes anyway. Losers blame the umpires!

Take a holiday champ. You've spent all season playing contrarin, it's clear you're here to troll
Yeah, I didn't give a crap about his attitude to umpires or whatever, but the stupid self contradiction made no sense.

Take a holiday champ. You've spent all season playing contrarin, it's clear you're here to troll

It’s a forum, chump! I don’t have to agree with your cult to be able to share my thoughts in here. At the end of the day this is an elite program within an elite club. They should be measured by their performance - on and off the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back