Preview How confident are you this Friday night?

Remove this Banner Ad

The two teams are pretty evenly matched, although i personally think we have more talent.

One thing that will help us is the Saints have very soft players, compared to us.

Montagna, Dal Santo, Goddard (not so much), Riewoldt, Jones, Dawson.
Sewell, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Brown, Osbourne

Most soft goes to Montagna and Dal Santo, I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise.
Oh i forgot kosi

70%

Pretty confident. 88 to 89%.

I dont mind the saints but they are playing a s**t brand of footy and I hope that style gets completely unravelled.

We are now playing smart footy where we respect possession. Saints are in trouble.

How do you know he wont play?

Dal is listed as indefinite on the AFL injury update:

ST KILDA
David Armitage (knee) - indefinite
Raphael Clarke (hamstring) - test*
Nick Dal Santo (back) - indefinite
Robert Eddy (knee) - test*
Steven King (hamstring) - indefinite
Ben McEvoy (knee) - indefinite
Jesse Smith (ankle) - season*

Cant believe this game isnt at the G.

Only just realised and was going to tip hawks but will now take saints. they play really well there and we dont play very well at all there compared to the G

We have played their twice this year? Smashed the blues and took it up to the dogs with what one rotation come the last qtr?

Yes we play better at the g but we have not been too bad at the dome recently.

100%

We will win and I think we'll win well. Get on the 40+ at juicy odds.

I have been feeling like it's 2008 all over, for a few weeks now. I just think it's our destiny to win flags. And when we win this one, every team will be on notice.

GO HAWKS!!!

Very confident of a win, and if it was at 'The G' I would give 8 goals in. There are however two 'buts' that continue to dampen my enthusiasm:

1. Etihad Stadium - we play well there when we're on song (as pointed out earlier in this thread), The Saints on the other hand play that ground better than anybody else.
2. Riewoldt - 3rd up after a long spell (racing parlance) means that he should be primed for a big one.

With the above in mind, it'll be The Hawks by 4 goals!

The thing that really bugged me about that game last year was everyone saying "oh, the saints were missing 7 of their best 22 and still beat the hawks', when we went pretty much the whole season with at least that many missing from our team with injuries, including for that game!

Here, here Goody.
That really pissed me off too, and then the taunt when mentioning this was usually "excuses, excuses". (F*@!WITS)

At present i feel around 62% confident of a win this will probably rise as we near match time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

l was at a Hawthorn sponsors night last night and l had a quick word with Ben Stratton. He said they were very confident in winning this game, lets hope it does eventuate.

Had a dream...

Hawks by 2 or 20

There was a 2 in there and we definately one.

Sweet, Sweet dream
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Judging by my dreams it does not make that a sure thing at all, but in reality the game is 50 - 50 and could go either way.

Hows that 4 sitting on the fence, but realistically this game is a toss of the coin and could be decided at the start of the game if we get off 2 a flyer, or on the last kick of the match...will have 2 wait and see...ohh how i wish it was the weekend already

68.8%.
i really want to win and i think we will, but we dont have a very good record against them and it's at the dome (think i'm more concerned about injuries than the game LOL). but we are in red hot form (touch wood) and their not even with "saint Nick" back, plus i really HATE st kilda.
Go HAWKS

Confidence just took a boost dal santo won't be playing. Was alreadabove 90% now at 95%

Dal is listed as indefinite on the AFL injury update:

ST KILDA
David Armitage (knee) - indefinite
Raphael Clarke (hamstring) - test*
Nick Dal Santo (back) - indefinite
Robert Eddy (knee) - test*
Steven King (hamstring) - indefinite
Ben McEvoy (knee) - indefinite
Jesse Smith (ankle) - season*

Interestingly the below article says otherwise:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/98605/default.aspx

The In the mix article posted at 4.17pm on Tuesday 20th July

The Updated Injury list posted at 5.50pm Tuesday 20th July

As usual it seems the AFL have no idea what they are doing.

70%.

Form:
- Roughy has just about shaken the monkey off his back
- Skipper and Renouf are now an adequate ruck duel but more importantly are having impact around the grounds.
- Gilham has become a seriously good defender overnight.
- Hodge is in career best form.
- The whole team is building to a crescendo

Pace:
- Rioli, Burgoyne, Young, Bateman. That is not a slow midfield.

I add to this that the virtual "dropping" of Sewell helped him to 39 posessions and 8 clearances on Saturday against the Lions.

Clinton Young is returning to his best form as well. Gotta love the long kicks on goal and into the forward 50.

I'd rate us 70% but only because the Saints may be on the up after the Magpie loss plus Dal Santo is expected to return.

More confident than any other game this year. We are Nearly full strength, with a team full of super stars. Riewoldt looked terrible last week and I dont think he will even play.
That said, I hate etihad like everyone else and PREY that none of OUR stars get hurt on the surface.
We came within a bees dick of geelong, we are surely going to win this battle and have the upset of the round. We could even smash them, surprised by severe lack of confidence on the forum for this one.

More confident than any other game this year. We are Nearly full strength, with a team full of super stars. Riewoldt looked terrible last week and I dont think he will even play.
That said, I hate etihad like everyone else and PREY that none of OUR stars get hurt on the surface.
We came within a bees dick of geelong, we are surely going to win this battle and have the upset of the round. We could even smash them, surprised by severe lack of confidence on the forum for this one.

I wish that I was as confident as you:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back