How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Via my work i have access to the Carlton in business events and we get great access to the club officals and they did not think pick 1 was what we were going to give up. Very much expecting at worst 6 wins is my read based on conversations.

Did they now? Didn’t think we’d finish last?!
Well they’re in for a major ****en disappointment

There's not a chance the club decision makers expected us to be bottom couple with this trade. People will be fired if that eventuates, and rightfully so.

There's not a chance the club will fire anyone for this trade after one year, when the outcome won't be known for another few years at least.

It's just madness to think otherwise.

If it ends up being something like pick 1 for 10 and 19...

The players involved almost becomes irrelevant. That's bad business.

There's not a chance the club decision makers expected us to be bottom couple with this trade. People will be fired if that eventuates, and rightfully so.

I feel your pain. Such a trade hadn't crossed my mind because I always thought we were a bottom 2 side.

Like many, I'm definitely not a supporter of this trade but terminating contracts of employment is not the way to go.

Making the mistake once can be deemed as a miscalculation, but if our list management department decides to do the same thing during this years trade period, well that's negligence.

We still lack mature bodies around the contest so I think our rise will take a lot longer than what some on here are willing to accept.

We're still a good 2 years away. Around 2021 will be when we start to see the benefits of our list build.

In summary, our futures for next year should not be touched. We've made a mistake. Lets not make the same mistake twice.

We’ll finish bottom 4, in my view Crows will make the eight if they can get a home final there’s a chance they’ll finish top 4.

In my view this is irrelevant it’s whether who we pick + Stocker have a better combined career at Carlton than their pick this year. May not be known for 15 years!

Irrelevant?

Think you've got things well and truly the wrong way around here.

Clearly the most important aspect of this trade for us is Liam Stocker and his development.

If he develops into the player we clearly think he may, nobody will give a stuff about the pick exchange executed to bring him into the club.

And yet you didn't even mention him in your original post. :drunk:

Also not sure why you're bringing pick 19 into it. We didn't trade for pick 19, we traded for the player, and we wouldn't have done the trade had he not been on the table.

The club rated Stocker very highly and saw a great opportunity to bring another highly rated young kid into the club a year earlier than we otherwise would have been able to.

I'd be filthy with the club if we weren't brave enough to back ourselves in and let the opportunity slip because the footy media and people who have no idea will laugh at us.

Again, it is just madness to suggest people's jobs are on the line for this trade at the end of 2019.

Do we make the trade if it's known we are trading a 2019 top 3 pick?

Absolutely not. It's a miscalculation, one if I made in my profession I'd be in deep, deep strife.

I agree with the essence of what you are saying, but also think it is an oversimplification.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we make the trade if it's known we are trading a 2019 top 3 pick?

Absolutely not. It's a miscalculation, one if I made in my profession I'd be in deep, deep strife.

I agree with the essence of what you are saying, but also think it is an oversimplification.

Yes we do.

You're ignoring the main component of the trade yet I'm the one oversimplifying? Ok then...

I get we're all upset about the performance today, but come on.

It's not about having blinker or being bias, I've analysis the trade closely from the start and view Gibbs as easily worth pick 10 in a weak draft and I can't believe the Carlton supporters are now undervalue his worth after he has left.

I admit, we did get lucky that Carlton did finish bottom and also there were only 2 FA compensation that affected our pick, but we knew it was a strong draft and took the risk. Gibbs was easily their best or top 3 players when he was there.....yes, he was only playing for Carton but still he is easily worth pick 10 (especially in a weak draft).
If the Gibbs that has been playing for us was the one that was at Carlton the 2 years prior I might agree with you but his form lately is diabolical, tonight is a perfect example. Even much of last year he was solid but certainly not amazing. Right now Carlton supporters feel like they won that trade and I agree with them completely. Believe me I don't want to say we lost the trade but you can calculate/analyze all you like but fact is Gibbs would be close to being dropped right now. The guy is playing with no urgency or intensity at all.

If the Gibbs that has been playing for us was the one that was at Carlton the 2 years prior I might agree with you but his form lately is diabolical, tonight is a perfect example. Even much of last year he was solid but certainly not amazing. Right now Carlton supporters feel like they won that trade and I agree with them completely. Believe me I don't want to say we lost the trade but you can calculate/analyze all you like but fact is Gibbs would be close to being dropped right now. The guy is playing with no urgency or intensity at all.
Due to our midfield depth (unlike Carlton), he been playing down back which I think he is struggling with right now.....
But this is the Carlton thread, I actually think this trade allow us to get a "free" 2nd rounder from GWS and also played an important part in the 1st rounder swaps....so Gibbs could very end up as the "cherry on top", as LoB is hardly developing nicely.....

Due to our midfield depth (unlike Carlton), he been playing down back which I think he is struggling with right now.....
Yes but he's been demoted from the midfield due to his inability to win the ball! I'm sorry but you've got the blinkers on where he is concerned. I hope he turns the corners and gets some form back but right now it's not looking good. Footy is a funny game though, it can change quick.

Yes we do.

You're ignoring the main component of the trade yet I'm the one oversimplifying? Ok then...

I get we're all upset about the performance today, but come on.

This club has been in such a quagmire it hasn't been able to upset me for years. No emotion from me.

Stephen Silvagni needs to get sacked for doing this trade taking into account his 1st round draft record at GWS is also shockingly bad. We need some accountability at Carlton.

2011:
Pick 1: Patton (miss)
Pick 2: Coniglio (hit)
Pick 3: Dom Tyson (miss)
Pick 4: Hoskin-Elliot (miss)
Pick 5: Buntine (miss)
Pick 7: Haynes (hit)
Pick 9: Tomlinson (hit)
Pick 10: Sumner (miss)
Pick 11: Greene (hit)
Pick 13: Taylor Adams (hit)
Pick 14: Devon Smith (hit)

6 hits
5 misses

Very bad ratio of hits and misses.

2012:
Pick 1: Whitfield (hit)
Pick 2: O'Rouke (miss)
Pick 3: Plowman (miss)
Pick 12: Jaksch (miss)
Pick 14: Aidan Corr (miss)

1 hit
4 misses

Shocking performance from SOS in for the 2012 1st round draft picks.

Pick 1: Tom Boyd (miss)
Pick 2: Kelly (hit)
Pick 14: McCarthy (miss)

Pick 4: Pickett (miss)
Pick 6: Marchbank (miss)
Pick 7: Ahern (miss)

Again shocking performance from SOS in 2014. SOS drafted Pickett before De Goey (lol). No wonder GWS let him go to Carlton thereafter.

Stephen Silvagni needs to get sacked for doing this trade taking into account his 1st round draft record at GWS is also shockingly bad. We need some accountability at Carlton.

2011:

6 hits
5 misses

2012:

1 hit
4 misses

Again shocking performance from SOS in 2014. SOS drafted Pickett before De Goey (lol). No wonder GWS let him go to Carlton thereafter.

Why would we judge his performance at Carlton on what he produced prior at the Giants?

Absurd post.

2011:

6 hits
5 misses

2012:

1 hit
4 misses

And SOS picked hm again.

So if we finish last the next 3 years is this trade a failure?
What if we finish last the next 3 years and stocker plays in a Carlton premiership a few years later? Is the trade a failure?

The trade isn't about this year, it's not about us losing pick 1 and getting pick 8.

What if we finish last, Adelaide gets pick 1 and we get their pick 10, and Walsh, stocker and player we pick at pick 10 play in a Carlton flag, 2 flags, 3 flags?

We have had 5 no.1 draft picks and Havent won shit. No.1 draft picks ate overrated. We are going to get 3 first rnd draft picks including stocker who our recruiters rate as a top 5-10 draft pick who we got for pick 19 as well as another first rnd draft pick.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2011:

6 hits
5 misses

2012:

1 hit
4 misses

You have high expectations

So it's a miss unless they are elite?

How can you say it is bad business, when only a fraction, of the transaction has been finalized?

We don't even know what we or the Crows will do with the other picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back