How did you come about with your username.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boring story, I've told it on the Tigs board.

I used to just read the Tiges board but never contribute. I joined up to comment on something I had some info about I think, or to join in a discussion.

Anyway, I have no love for Elton John whatsoever, but wife loves him. She was watching some bloody concert and it was annoying the s**t out of me. I was being prompted for a nickname and looking at that obnoxious head when it hit me.

I've had it so long now I just can'y be f’ed changing it.
Probably one of the more obscure explanations but a Good story... I did actually think you were an Elton John fan and frowned at the fact he was a Twatford fan.

Probably one of the more obscure explanations but a Good story... I did actually think you were an Elton John fan and frowned at the fact he was a Twatford fan.
Speaking of Watford therefore Vicarage Road. I used to go and watch Sarries play there a bit.

Had never been to the greyhounds before and we had a work Xmas show scheduled there. Had nfi what I was doing looking at the form guide but first race I saw Wacky Tiger lining up and thought why the hell not.

Nice little $8 winner and funded the rest of my evening.

Still know * all when looking at a form guide mind you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got it on my second guess some months ago :p
I more so thought he was from my local town and when DJ said from my way I was trying to work out who he might be.

Being from the other STA in our shire I don’t have a lot of knowledge of their. Although my partner is from there so I should know more...

PPY are you from this way too? Or just had a decent guess at it.

Old thread but had to contribute.

Mine is fairly obvious if you know some of the old Crows players. It's a play on words of my favourite Crow from years ago, Jason Porplyzia. I had number #40 on my guernsey and used to have pictures of him on my wall hahaha.

Then he got married and he was dead to me lol lol kidding. I loved what a classy footballer he was, quick hands, a fantastic small forward. Just a pity about his constant shoulder injuries.

I've considered changing my username to just Porps because that's what a lot of people call me on here.

I more so thought he was from my local town and when DJ said from my way I was trying to work out who he might be.

Being from the other STA in our shire I don’t have a lot of knowledge of their. Although my partner is from there so I should know more...

PPY are you from this way too? Or just had a decent guess at it.
I'm from Adelaide, born and bred, but I know my geography hehe. Been to the Grampians a few times.

I'm from Adelaide, born and bred, but I know my geography hehe. Been to the Grampians a few times.
I missed the introduction of TJASTA to the SFA obviously so I had no idea until I was reading this thread.

I could only think of two towns one being mine and one being his.

I thought I'd be close with those two guesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well technically we are more part of the wimmera and/or kara kara (obviously) and the only reason why we are in this shire is that we did not want to be a shire with our major footy rivals and they wanted the profits from the local gravel pits but still

well technically we are more part of the wimmera and/or kara kara (obviously) and the only reason why we are in this shire is that we did not want to be a shire with our major footy rivals and they wanted the profits from the local gravel pits but still
I should have been at the Club Friday night apparently I won the members draw :( Stupid place that home town of yours not letting me win when I’m there but when I’m not there I get drawn out.

Old thread but had to contribute.

Mine is fairly obvious if you know some of the old Crows players. It's a play on words of my favourite Crow from years ago, Jason Porplyzia. I had number #40 on my guernsey and used to have pictures of him on my wall hahaha.

View attachment 751522

Then he got married and he was dead to me lol lol kidding. I loved what a classy footballer he was, quick hands, a fantastic small forward. Just a pity about his constant shoulder injuries.

I've considered changing my username to just Porps because that's what a lot of people call me on here.
That avatar porps. I had that in a frame for years and have stared and stared. Those eyes.

That avatar porps. I had that in a frame for years and have stared and stared. Those eyes.
I'm the exact same, I've been rather taken by the photograph for years and fascinated by her story. Back in 2016 I was lucky enough to score original copies of the two National Geographic magazines she appeared in. Some guy had an advert in the paper saying he was giving away all his NG magazines from 1983 to 2013. I called and asked if he had June 85 and April 2002. I told him I was willing to pay because of the rarity, but he refused! They are in absolute mint condition, I was so chuffed:

I'm the exact same, I've been rather taken by the photograph for years and fascinated by her story. Back in 2016 I was lucky enough to score original copies of the two National Geographic magazines she appeared in. Some guy had an advert in the paper saying he was giving away all his NG magazines from 1983 to 2013. I called and asked if he had June 85 and April 2002. I told him I was willing to pay because of the rarity, but he refused! They are in absolute mint condition, I was so chuffed:

View attachment 754304
Those eyes.

View attachment 754304

National Geographic's were a big thing when I was young :oops:

No you can't :p

Sure I can AA. I used it as an example of why Caxton screwed up when he started fooling with printing presses.

Told him myself this printing thingamajig will never take off. Truth be known as a Town Crier print put me out of the bizzo.

When I was sacked because of that f****r, I had to rely on income from from many inventions. The most successful of these was my lecture tour extolling various knots for tying shoelaces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back