How fast can you type? Take the test!

Remove this Banner Ad

1d1b953b93cc3cddf4be0fea3c1acdc8.png

I'm taking the top of the podium until LicoriceAllsorts provides a screenshot. :cool:

This was my first attempt just then
vfgsnm.png

(Haven't been on a computer in a while due to illness /being on medical leave from work, and I'm nauseous, in pain, have an icepack on my neck etc etc)
I'm sure I could do better in more optimal conditions

I'm confident that por_please_ya would do better too
(been ages since we played typeracer)

vfgsnm.png

(Haven't been on a computer in a while due to illness /being on medical leave from work, and I'm nauseous, in pain, have an icepack on my neck etc etc)

First attempt
firsttest.PNG

I will say that I've grown out my nails, which makes typing a bit more difficult than before. I think I'd be higher without nails haha!

bless your fingers -- I hope the recovery is going as smooth as possible

First attempt

I will say that I've grown out my nails, which makes typing a bit more difficult than before. I think I'd be higher without nails haha!

yeah tell me about it sister :nailpolish::nailpolish::infodeskperson:

Hm bit disappointed, made a few stuff ups, find it harder typing random words than actual sentences.

Bless your fingers too -- but this humble-braggery can do without. Reminds me of that Japanese kid at high school who would always be disappointed with his exam results because he 'only' got 87% :thumbsdownemoji::thumbsdownemoji::thumbsdownemoji:

First attempt
View attachment 481895

View attachment 481896 Hm bit disappointed, made a few stuff ups, find it harder typing random words than actual sentences.
Ooh I expected better from you por_please_ya because you would often (though not *always*) beat me on typeracer
Maybe those nails are a factor!
What has prompted you to grow them out?
(I can't for work anyway)

Then again- Numbers/Symbols have always been my weakness (as that was the stage of the typing game which stuffed up, so my touch typing is slower when it comes to those areas) , and this program doesn't have them, unlike typeracer (which has a lot of them)

SM I corrected all except one of my typos as I went, as I would when I am normally typing, and I think that helped my score (seems that they only consider it a mistake/exclude the world if it isn't corrected ie they allow backspace)

Ooh I expected better from you por_please_ya because you would often (though not *always*) beat me on typeracer
Maybe those nails are a factor!
Then again- Numbers/Symbols have always been my weakness (as that was the stage of the typing game which stuffed up, so my touch typing is slower when it comes to those areas) , and this program doesn't have them, unlike typeracer (which has a lot of them)

SM I corrected all except one of my typos as I went, as I would when I am normally typing, and I think that helped my score (seems that they only consider it a mistake/exclude the world if it isn't corrected ie they allow backspace)

Yeah I corrected the first time around but think that impacted me more than ignoring and going on with it - as in, taking up too much time.

yeah tell me about it sister :nailpolish::nailpolish::infodeskperson:

Bless your fingers too -- but this humble-braggery can do without. Reminds me of that Japanese kid at high school who would always be disappointed with his exam results because he 'only' got 87% :thumbsdownemoji::thumbsdownemoji::thumbsdownemoji:

I did say a bit disappointed. I know it's still a good score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second go :)

Lol at all the mistakes I made...

View attachment 481900
Yeah that's more like it. 606 CPM ~= 121 WPM (which is closer to the scores we used to get on typeracer)
I just did it again (didn't screenshot) without correcting my errors and got in that ballpark (112 WPM) too. My "in reality" CPM was a little lower than yours though (597) , but I also had fewer errors (though I kind of wish that I had 11 errors)

I wonder if correcting the mistakes would improve your score too

Haha , I would've been very disappointed with an 87% in Maths because I was a nerd and it was one of my best subjects.
In English/Literature or S&E though- I would've felt like Christmas had come early :p

I decided not to correct as I went this time. I normally would when I'm typing though. I'm not sure how that affects the final WPM though.
It says that mistakes aren't counted in scores - so I took that to mean that the time spent was wasted
(this would explain the disparity between the highlighted score and the stuff at the bottom)
Whether it's worth correcting an error would depend on the length of the word , how soon you detected the error, and how quickly you can press the *Backspace* key /readjust

I know I can't type, it is a skill I never leaned and it was not considered a suitable thing to teach boys when I was growing up. I can tap away with two fingers at 33 WPM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back