Think Tank How is SMitch working out for you Hawf fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell was appointed skipper for the Hawks in 2008. Blow me down they won a Premiership. Was this a new Tucky in the making? Nope. Proving unsatisfactory to the Coach and a bit autocratic to players he was sacked after 3 years in the gig. I’m unsure how many Premiership skippers have been fired because no one liked him.

342968106aa0f6615a9b7e15cc661fad

Big Bad Barry Hall was sacked as Swans captain 3 years after hoisting the cup

Unlike Sammy, he wasn't replaced by the greatest skipper in AFL history, but by this weird space cadet...

dNAixz.gif

Then he was sacked from the club 12 months after that...

Nobody liked him. Not even his own mother.

The biggest flog in AFL history was last seen in the ring 12 months ago with Sonny Bill. He's been in hiding ever since.

Well worth a look, if you never saw it.

Hell, well worth another look even if you did see it. :D

I've time stamped the video to the opening of the 1st round. Don't blink!

Last edited:
BBBH was liked but his on field violence was unacceptable. SMitch was not liked at Hawthorn with the Club benefitting immeasurably with the switch to revered leader Hodgey.

Happily there is no vision of SMitch’s ’tussle’ with the former partner of a famed ex West Coast player.

BBBH was liked but his on field violence was unacceptable. SMitch was not liked at Hawthorn with the Club benefitting immeasurably with the switch to revered leader Hodgey.

Happily there is no vision of SMitch’s ’tussle’ with the former partner of a famed ex West Coast player.

tell-me-more-michael-scott.gif

the story is that while SMitch’s footy input was appreciated, the Weasels were happy to see little Napoleon go.

Wouldn't surprise me really, he basically stabbed Clarko in the back at Hawthorn..

Always struck me as bit of a Judas type Sam Mitchell.

Wouldn't surprise me really, he basically stabbed Clarko in the back at Hawthorn..

Always struck me as bit of a Judas type Sam Mitchell.

got rid of senior players who would stand up to him.

I actually think Ross Lyon would be quite fun whilst on the Grog, he let forth a ripper about a pregnant female staff member whilst on the 'nog' at a Freo Xmas party several years.

Either Brad or Chris Scott would be the worst to have beer, non stop whinging and or grovelling to the bar keep (just one more gub'nor) etc

I reckon Craig McRae would be pleasant, he’d have half a cruiser and want to discuss philosophy and gardening I reckon

He might actually be great company, Mitchell, well I can't see how he would be, I'd doubt Mitchell has ever been funny.

The shoot up mime against the bombres was pretty amusing.

It's also really funny that he can't be sacked now, even though the bloke he and scrotum face Kennett knifed to get him into the job is making a list just as bad as Hawf has fly. That would underline a monumental * up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back